Chapter 17: Fainted

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

"Sehun oppa, what are y-you doing here?" Minah asked nervously. 

I immediately saw the anger in his eyes, but in all his expression seemed just cold and mean as ever.  Then he looked down at me and his look softened.  I was shocked, but his stare melted me.  Silently he held his hand out for me to take.  I hesitated for a minute, but was just about to place my hand in his until Sojin spoke up. 

"Look, she's hesitating again," she complained. 

When she had said that I brought my hand back to myself and looked back down at my lap.  I don't know why I did that, but I just did. 

"She's scared, that's why," Hyeri commented. 

"Says who?" Sehun's deep voice asked sternly. 

Suddenly someone's hand came into my view, palm side up.  Just by looking at his hand I knew it was Sehun reaching out for me to take his hand again.  He seemed persistent to try and help me up because his hand did not leave it's place in front of me. 

Finally, I took it and gently gripped onto his hand as he helped me get back up to my feet.  Right as I was standing back on my own two feet, I felt dizzy and a headache was starting to come on.  Then my knees felt weak and I almost fell back onto the ground, but Sehun, who still had my hand in his, held me up. 

"Whoa, someone's a drama queen," Minah muttered and crossed her arms. 

Sehun snapped his head up at her and glared. 

"Sehun-ah, you can obviously tell that she's faking.  She just wants to be in your arms now that we're not in front of everyone else," Sojin said. 

"N-no, that's not true," I said lightly pushing Sehun away to try and prove to the girls that they were false. 

"Aw, the weak little girl is trying to act all tough in front of Sehun isn't she?  That's so cute," Minah said sarcastically. 

"You don't know Hina," Sehun said, "so why are you talking about her?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"Trying to play dumb?  Don't think I don't know.  Maybe it's just the y-ness in you that's making you forget." 

The three girls gasped in disbelief and looked awfully offended by what Sehun had said.  "S-Sehun-" 

"Don't try and explain to me.  I don't want to hear it."  He then turned to me.  "Are you okay?" 

Slowly I looked up to him and nodded.  "Yeah, I-I'm fine," I said just before the dizziness took over me and feeling so weak that I felt myself falling. 

 

Sehun's POV 

Hina turned to look at me and nodded her head, but then almost fell the second after.  Thankfully I was able to grab her arm and pull her into my arms before she totally knocked out and fell onto the ground, unconscious.  

"What the hell?  Such an act...  You can stop pretending now," Hyeri said. 

"Just shut up!  You're all so annoying.  Your voice bothers me, I hate hearing it," I spoke my mind. 

I mumbled curse words under my breath and lifted Hina up into a bridal-style carry position.  Then I left the three girls to stand there while I quickly brought Hina down to the nurse's office. 

As I was walking down the halls with an unconscious Hina, I looked down to her and saw how pale she looked.  Her gentle features were small and petite just like how she was.  Speaking of that, she was so light, even with her dead weight.  Though thinking about her weight made me slightly worried because she seemed way underweight and made me wonder how she took care of herself outside of school. 

Just as we were nearing the nurse's office, Hina was beginning to gain consciousness.  She opened her eyes and looked around, then straight up at me.  She was still as pale as ever and I just wanted to get her help. 

"Are you okay?" I asked as I knocked on the door. 

Hina nodded.  Then the door opened revealing the nurse. 

"Oh my!  What happened?  Here, come in, come in," the nurse said. 

I placed Hina down on the bed and stepped aside so that the nurse could check over her.  After her quick, little examination, the nurse turned to me. 

"Well, it seems like some kind of impact to her head made her faint," the nurse said.  I just nodded.  "Oh, aren't you Mr. Lu's cousin?"  Again I nodded my head.  "He just came in here earlier with Ms. Minhee." 

She went on and on rambling about random stuff that I really didn't bother to listen to.  Instead, I decided to sit in the chair beside Hina's bed and be silent.  It was sort of awkward, but then Hina tried to sit up and talk to me. 

"Y-You know you can leave," Hina said shyly.  "You shouldn't be beside me any longer than you need to be...  People will start talking and saying stuff and those girls will probably start spreading rumors about you...  I-I'm sorry." 

I shook my head and shrugged.  I didn't want to leave Hina because I wanted to make sure that she was okay.  Plus I didn't want to make Minhee worry so much. 

Once Hina was feeling well enough to stand up on her own feet without feeling dizzy or fainting, we were able to go back to class, though the last bell of the day was going to ring soon.  I escorted her back to her classroom, then the bell rang. 

After leaving her to Luhan and Minhee, and explaining to them a short explanation, I went back to my classroom to gather my things as well. 

"Where have you been, dude?" Jongin asked me. 

"Nowhere," I responded and threw my backpack around my shoulder. 

"Ditching even though you know if Luhan found out you'd be dead?  Man, I give you props.  Luhan can get really scary if you push him to his limits," Tao said, patting my back. 

"Tsk," I scoffed.  "For your guys' information, Luhan knows that I skipped the last class of the day today." 

"Huh?  And he hasn't killed you yet?" 

"Nope." 

"Teach me your ways," Jongin said playfully and I punched his arm. 

 

 


Hey everyone!  I'm done with school and finals!  And it's just such a relief!  Now then, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :)  Oh, and thank you guys so much for subscribing because now there are 100+ of you all!  Thank you so so much!  ^-^

 

~Angelflyer