Chapter 12: Sehun's Cut

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

The next day, after begging over and over again, my mom allowed me to go to school, but instead of me taking the bus she drove me to school.  When I got out of the car, I was greeted by Luhan and Minhee who seemed to just know that I'd be coming to school today. 

"Hi," I greeted them and fixed my backpack on my shoulder. 

"Hey, are you feeling better?" Minhee asked and reached out to hold my forearm. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." 

"Sehun told us about everything the other day..." Luhan said. 

"Oh, well it's actually not that bad.  I mean I was sleeping for the majority of the day yesterday, so my headaches and whatnot kind of went away," I told them.  "But if you're itching so badly to be worried about someone, you should worry about Sehun." 

"Huh?  Why?  What happened to Sehun?" Luhan asked, looking surprised. 

"He didn't tell you?" 

"No.  What is it?" 

"Well, while I was being clumsy in the bus, he caught me before I fell and got cut by some glass.  I heard from the nurse that was tending to him that it was kind of deep."  I felt my cheeks begin to heat up while thinking back to what had happened.  It was a little embarrassing thinking about it to be honest. 

Just then the bus that I usually took arrived and Sehun appeared and walked down.  Suddenly my heart started beating fast and I began to get a nervous feeling.  He crossed the street and looked at me while he made his way towards us.  My heart beated even faster than before and I almost couldn't take it. 

"Sehun," Luhan said. 

"Hey, hyung," Sehun greeted and then nodded at us girls. 

"Let me see your arm."  Luhan began to reach out for Sehun's arm. 

"Why?" 

"Just let me see it."  He then took a hold of his younger cousin's arm and rolled up the sleeve to find a white bandage with a line of red seeping through wrapped around.  "What happened?" 

"It's just a little cut," Sehun said and pushed his sleeve back down. 

"Not according to what Hina said." 

Sehun turned his head and looked at me.  His look wasn't very pleasant, nor was it very angry either, so I couldn't tell what he was feeling.  It made me nervous, though, and I felt like I had done something wrong. 

"It's nothing, hyung.  I'm fine," Sehun said after turning back to Luhan. 

They were going back and forth about Sehun's injury and I really felt guilty now.  I had caused that because I opened my mouth. 

I looked over to Minhee and noticed that she was also standing there uncomfortably, but not as awkwardly as I was.  As I looked around I noticed a couple of people staring here and there because their volume had raised just a bit for the others around us to hear. 

"Uh, I-I'm going to leave now," I interrupted them quietly. 

They stopped and looked at me while I took a step back. 

"Hina," Minhee said. 

"I'm sorry," I apologized, more to Sehun and Luhan than about leaving them, "I'll see you in the classroom."  Then I left. 

 

Sehun's POV

I grabbed my backpack and hung it over my shoulder and headed out to the bus that would stop in front of my building any minute now.  And just as I walked out, the bus stopped and opened its doors. 

While I rode the bus to school, I noticed that Hina didn't get on at her stop.  She was probably still at home resting.  Hopefully she'll feel better soon because I kind of sort of wanted to see her and make sure that she was alright. 

When I got to school, I exited the bus and locked eye contact with Hina, who I didn't think would be at school today.  I made my way over to them and greeted them, but right from the beginning I knew something was bothering Luhan hyung. 

Right as I walked up to them, Luhan asked to see my arm.  I really didn't want to show him my injured arm because I knew he would worry and question me.  In the end, he grabbed my hand and pushed my sleeve up. 

I told him it wasn't that bad of a cut, but he said that Hina told him otherwise.  Immediately I glanced up at her.  To be honest I felt a little irritated because she had told him, but I had never told her not to before so I couldn't blame her. 

After arguing a bit with Luhan that I was really fine and whatnot, Hina interuppted us by telling us that she was going to go ahead into the school first.  Then she apologized and looked at me once more before leaving. 

Once her figure had disappeared into the building, I looked at Luhan and Minhee before silently making my way into the building as well.  I didn't want to continue on that subject, so I decided that it'd be best to just leave. 

 

Your POV

I stepped into the classroom and went to sit down in my seat.  I tried to busy myself by getting my stuff out for class that would begin in about seven minutes, but I couldn't help but feel guilty about earlier. 

When Minhee and Luhan finally came in, they came walking over to my desk about to say something, but then the class started and they were forced to take their seats. 

At lunch, I went down to the cafeteria with the couple and sat with them.  Then a couple of moments later all of Luhan's other friends came to sit down.  I got a little bit worried because if all of them were coming to sit down, then that meant that Sehun would come, too.  As time passed, though, there was no sign of Sehun anywhere. 

I was kind of thankful that he didn't show up because I was scared to face him after this morning.  He was probably mad at me for telling Luhan, and I did not want to be near an angry Sehun. 

I finished my lunch early and decided to go up to the classroom before Luhan and Minhee.  Just before I opened the door to our classroom, I heard my name being called by Luhan.  I stopped and turned around. 

"Where's Minhee?" I asked when he stood in front of me. 

"Oh, she got stopped by a teacher on the way here," he replied. 

"Did you need something?  Did I forget something at the table?" 

"No, actually I wanted to talk to you." 

"About what?" 

"This morning...  Are you alright?" 

"Yeah," I said with no hesitance.  "I'm fine." 

Luhan paused for a second.  "I don't believe you.  Something's up.  C'mon, spill it." 

"It's nothing, Luhan.  Everything's perfect." 

"No it's not.  It has to do with me and Sehun this morning doesn't it?" 

I just looked at him.  He was spot on, but I didn't want to tell him truthfully. 

"You can tell me what's wrong, Hina," Luhan said. 

I sighed this time.  "I'm afraid that Sehun's mad at me...  I should've been quite, but because I opened my mouth and told you, you guys argued." 

"No, no, Hina, don't be sorry.  Actually I should be thanking you.  If you wouldn't have told me about his cut, then I wouldn't know about it now.  That kid doesn't tell me anything because he thinks that it'll just worry me, but what he doesn't know is that it worries me even more than ever when he doesn't tell me stuff." 

"Well, I guess your welcome, but..." 

"But what?" 

"I mean, I still feel like Sehun is angry at me.  He kind of gave me this cold look and I-I got scared."

"Oh, I'm sorry.  He doesn't mean anything.  He just has a hard time expressing his feelings that's all." 

I nodded in understandment.  Luhan didn't say anymore, but he placed his hand on the side of my arm and rubbed it soothingly.  I gave him a smile and we both made our way into the classroom. 

 

 


Hey guys!  How are you all?  This chapter really didn't have too much meaning to it, but I wanted to somehow make Hina and Sehun interact more, so in the next chapter you will see them talking a bit.  (don't get your hopes up, though...)  And yeah, tell me how you liked this chapter or give me some advice or comment below! 

Oh, and who is going to Got7's concert in Chicago in July???

 

~Angelflyer