Chapter 39: Trouble

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

***This chapter has 5000+ words!

Your POV

When Friday came, I began to feel gross and sick.  I hated being sick with a passion.  Whenever I get sick, I get really sick to the point where I can't get out of bed sometimes.  It's always been like that since I was little, and it always happened around this time of year between winter and spring season.  

I woke up and got ready for school and got through the day, but after school is when I really started to feel it.  That same day Sehun invited us over to his apartment since he didn't have to work that night, so instead of ruining the night I decided to not tell anyone and act like I was fine.  

"Hey, Hina, are you alright?" Minhee asked worriedly.  

"Yeah, I'm good," I told her and smiled.  

"Okay," she nodded and slid into the front passenger seat of Luhan's car.  

Once we got to Sehun's apartment building, we followed Sehun up the elevator and into his apartment.  It was very simple inside and small, yet cozy.  He welcomed us in and gave a very brief house tour since there were only like four rooms; the main area, kitchen, bathroom, and his walk-in closet.  

I started to slightly get a head-ache, so I sat down on his bed while they talked about something else.  After a while of hanging out and doing a little bit of homework and studying, we all got hungry.  Luhan's stomach growled indicating that we should stop and grab something to eat.  

"I'll order some pizza," Sehun said and went into the kitchen to dial the pizza place's number.  

Sehun ordered then put some sort of movie on.  It was an action-thriller one, so all of us were immersed in it.  While I watched the movie, I forgot about my head-ache for a little, but then it came back.  I figured some water would help, so I tip-toed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.  As I was pouring water into my cup, Sehun surprised me by sneaking behind me.  

"Why did you do that?" I asked with a pout, still clutching at my heart to calm it.  

"Sorry," he apologized with a chuckle.  " I didn't mean to."  

I lightly punched his arm.  "Liar," I muttered.  

"I swear I didn't mean to."  He put his hands up in the air as he said that.  

My pout turned into a smile then and I just giggled.  He was honestly really cute.  

In the middle of the movie Sehun said that he would go get the pizza, but then Minhee stood up and said that us two would go get it.  Sehun was hesitant at first and tried to protest, but Minhee really insisted.  So I had no choice and got ready to go with her.  

Even if I was wearing a thicker jacket it felt like the wind just went right through me.  I shivered and walked even closer to Minhee.  He clung onto my arm as we walked down to the pizza place.  On the way there was a convenience store and Minhee tugged me with her to go in.  I looked at her strangely because I thought we were just going to go get the pizza and go back, but it was warm inside the store, so I didn't complain.  

"Hmm... tell me if you see the pads," Minhee said carelessly.  

I looked at her in surprise and slowly followed after here.  "Is this why you wanted to get the pizza so bad?" I asked.  

"Yeah, I guess," she replied and picked up a package of pads.  "I used my last extra that was in my backpack."  

"Oh," was all that I said.  

After that, we really did go pick up the pizza.  It was warm just like in the convenience store, and I really didn't want to go back into the cold again, but I couldn't just stay there.  

Going to all these places, really just two stops, made my head dizzy.  It was starting to get hot, but I was still feeling cold at the same time.  I leaned against the wall as Minhee talked to the person over the counter and paid for the pizza.  The terrible feeling of being sick was starting to catch up to me, but I really didn't want to bother Minhee with it.  

As we were walking back to Sehun's apartment, my head just couldn't stop spinning, so I had to physically stop and lean against the wall of a building.  My legs felt as if they were jelly and I sunk down to my knees.  I heard Minhee call my name, and I tried so hard to answer her and her questions, but nothing came out of my mouth.  

"Hina?  Hina, are you okay?" she continuously asked.  

I nodded my head, but I could tell by the worriedness of her voice that I probably didn't look okay to her.  I tried getting up and grabbing Minhee's hand, but I just couldn't do it.  It was so cold, yet I felt hot and suffocated that it made my whole body weak.  

 

Sehun's POV

Just when I was thinking what was taking the girls so long to get the pizza, Minhee called Luhan.  By the tone of voice Luhan had I immediately started to panic.  Right after Luhan hung up with her I asked him what had happened.  He grabbed my coat and tossed it to me and also tugged his on at the same time.  "I'll tell you on the way," he said and dragged me out of the apartment.  

Once we got to where the girls were, I ran, and almost slipped, to Hina who was on the ground.  They weren't too far from the building, so we just walked- fast walked to be exact, to them. 

Without even thinking, I scooped Hina up, bridal-style, and began making my way back up to my apartment with Minhee and Luhan following behind.  They helped me open the door and take her shoes and coat off before placing her on my bed.  I tucked her in nicely and then went to go look for some medicine in my cabinet.  

I honestly felt so worried and lost my train of thought that I almost brought out the wrong medicine.  But I soon was thinking straight and managed to quickly get Hina some medicine.  She thanked me quietly as she laid on my bed looking so small and weak.  

Minhee had her eat some pizza because she had to take the medicine with food, and since my kitchen was empty, the pizza was our last resort.  She ate the pizza quietly and we all sat around her and talked for a bit before she struggled and stumbled out of bed and towards the bathroom.  I heard gagging and realized that she had the flu on top of a fever.  

She came back out looking as terrible as ever and apologized to us all.  

"It's not your fault," Luhan said.  

"You should have told me you weren't feeling well," Minhee said sadly.  

That was then when I remembered how pale she looked when she was getting the glass of water.  I began to feel bad and looked down at my hands.  "Don't apologize," I said in barely a whisper.  

"I just didn't want you guys to worry," Hina said, guiltily.  

"Well, you're just making me worry even more," Minhee stated and then grabbed her hands.  "C'mon, let's get you home so you can rest a lot- and when I mean a lot, I mean A LOT."  

Hina chuckled at her best friend's exaggeration and nodded her head.  Then she looked at me.  "I'm so-  I mean, thanks for having me over Sehun.  Don't worry about me.  I'll get better soon."  

I nodded and then watched as they got ready to leave and walked them out.  

 

Your POV

It took me about a week to recover, but in the end I came back feeling as great as ever.  I didn't go to school the following Friday, but I had made plans with the three of them again to make up for what had happened last time.  We were going to go meet up at a small cafe outside of the mall, then go shopping, and watch a movie afterwards.  

It was almost time for school to be out so I started getting ready.  I pulled on a pair of jeans, a sweater, and put a jacket on.  Then I headed out to go meet my friends.  

I sat in the cafe for a good 30 to 40 minutes before Sehun finally showed up.  He looked at me and smiled.  He pulled the chair out in front of me and sat down.  "Hey," he said .  

"Hi," I greeted.  

"Where's Luhan and Minhee?"  

"I was going to ask you that."  

"I told them to come first since I still had to do something for a teacher." 

"Oh, they never showed up.  Minhee never texted either, so I just thought that they would be with you."  

He looked at me with seriousness and I did the same.  Something didn't seem right.  Sehun brought up his phone from his pocket and checked to see if he had any messages or missed calls or anything, but wound up with nothing.  

It wasn't like Minhee or Luhan to just not contact us when they would be late or have something else they had to do.  I decided to call Minhee and Sehun called Luhan.  Neither of them picked up the multiple times we tried calling them.  We waited a couple of more minutes before going out to search for them.  

We searched just about everywhere where they would be and even some places that they may have stopped by once or twice, but we came up with nothing.  Within that time of searching they still didn't call or text back either, so I began to grow worried.  

Just then, Sehun got a call from Luhan.  He answered it right away.  

"Hello?" Sehun asked.  

I couldn't hear what the other voice was saying, but then Sehun began running towards one direction without any kind of warning.  Of course I ran after him and when he finally stopped, we were outside an abandoned warehouse.  I looked at him and the warehouse for a second, then questioned what we were doing there.  

"A man called, the creepy stalker one, and told me to meet him here if I wanted to know where Luhan and Minhee were," Sehun said, not taking his eyes off of the warehouse.  

It gave me a creepy feeling and immediately my conscience told me to run away, but I kept my feet planted next to Sehun.  "W-What are we going to do?" I asked hesitantly.  

"I'm going to go in.  Call the police and have them arrive here as soon as possible.  Do not come in no matter what," Sehen stated sternly.  

"W-what?!?  No!  I-I'm not-" I tried saying.  

"Stay here.  Listen to me, Hina.  I don't want you to get hurt."  

"But-"  

"Please..."  

"Sehun," I said, my eyes starting to water.  "I... What if something happens?  I don't want you to get hurt either.  You're always sacrificing yourself..."  

Instead of saying anything else, he wrapped his arms around me and gently patted my head.  Then within seconds his warmth was gone and I saw his figure running into the warehouse.  

I in a breath and called the police.  

 

Author's POV

In the abandoned warehouse, the creepy-stalker man, whose name was Mr. Kim, sat in a chair with his 6 men standing around the two hostages.  Both Luhan and Minhee were tied up after getting kidnapped by them.  Though Luhan put up a really good fight, his strength could not match the strength of 5 built and muscular men, even Sehun couldn't physically do that.  

At first, when the hired man brought back Luhan and Minhee, Mr. Kim was furious.  "That's not the right person!" he yelled.  "I gave you the picture of him, can you really not tell who is who?"  

"I'm sorry sir, they both look alike.  I wasn't paying close attention to detail," the hired man apologized and bowed.  

"Obviously," Mr. Kim scoffed.  

There was just silence for a very, very long time until an idea popped into his mind.  "Where are their phones?"  

"Right here," said one of the men and he presented it to Mr. Kim.  

"Perfect.  Let me just call this little boy, Sehun."  

When Sehun had finally run into the warehouse, Mr. Kim just laughed.  Sehun looked so angry, but that just made Mr. Kim even happier.  It was delightful and he was enjoying it.  He got up from his chair and walked towards the angry teen.  

"You know, I've never held such a grudge on a child like you before.  Nor have I really had to go to this extent, but you forced me to Sehun-ah," Mr. Kim said.  "I'm very happy you finally joined us.  This will be fun now."  

"Since I'm here, let my friends go," Sehun said, trying to keep his cool.  He really didn't want to burst out right then.  It would show that he had no control and he didn't want Mr. Kim to feel even more enlightened.  

"I would, but that would just ruin everything, now would it?"  

"They have nothing to do with this grudge you have on me and only me."  

"True, but I can make them have something to do with you."  He looked at his men and nodded at them.  "Tie him up."  

They immediately came towards Sehun and grabbed his arms and legs.  Sehun shook them off and struggled nonstop.  

"Hey!" Luhhan exclaimed.  "Leave him alone."  

"Shut him up," Mr. Kim commanded.  

One of the men left Sehun and kicked Luhan in the stomach.  Minhee screamed and tried her hardest to protect the already injured Luhan from gaining more wounds.

"If you don't want your little girlfriend to get hurt I suggest you shut her up yourself before I do it," Mr. Kim threatened.  

Luhan looked to Minhee and shushed her as gently as possible.  "Shush, bao bei.  I'm okay.  I'm not going to let him hurt you."  He leaned his forehead against hers and tried getting as close as he could even though they were tied up.  

Before Luhan or Minhee could even see it coming, the man kicked Luhan down to the ground making him hit the back of his head.  And just for the heck of it he added another kick to the side of Luhan's head causing him to bleed.  

"Stop it," Sehun growled.  "Stop hurting them."  

Mr. Kim turned his head to look at Sehun, then smirked.  "How is that girl doing?  I haven't seen her for quite some time now," he spoke.  

Sehun stayed silent.  He glared him down while thinking of what to do and say.  Then Mr. Kim walked up to him.  The men held him from both sides, not allowing him to move at all.  

"Have you gotten taller?" Mr. Kim asked.  Still no answer from Sehun.  "I see your stubbornness still hasn't gotten any better."  Then he sighed.  "I know we had a deal to let your cousin and his girlfriend loose, but that just can't happen."  

"L-Luhan... you're bleeding.  Wake up...  Wake up, please!" Minhee shouted.  

All attention was turned to the couple.  Minhee scooted as close as she could to Luhan and tried shaking him awake.  Still, Luhan laid motionless on the concrete floor with blood starting to pool behind his head.  Sehun stood in shock and struggled to get free, so that he could run to his beloved hyung.  He knew he had to get them our of there soon before Luhan bled to death.  

From there all chaos broke loose.  After Minhee began screaming for Luhan to wake up, Mr. Kim got angry and told the men to shut her up.  Minhee kicked, and yelled, and thrashed back and forth not wanting any of them to touch her.  Sehun tried using that as his distraction and knocked down one of the men holding him, and right before he could knock down the other, Mr. Kim brought out his gun and shot it up into the air.  

Minhee stopped struggling and Sehun stopped as well.  There was a long silence before the main door opened and in came Hina.  She slowly walked in, knowing that Sehun had told her specifically to not do so.  She knew that he'd be mad at her for disobeying him, but right now it was between life and death and she couldn't just stand there after hearing the gunshot.  

"Well, look who we have here," Mr. Kim said with a smile.  "Welcome.  Come in, my dear." 

Hina kind of paused, but continued on anyways.  Of course she was beyond frightened right then, but she couldn't show it.  By showing that she was scared would just make Mr. Kim laugh.  It disgusted her that this situation was just another merry, little time for him.  Finally she stopped.  Only about a yard of space between her and Mr. Kim.  

"Hina," Sehun called her name.  "What are you doing here?" he asked, feeling worried and angry at the same time.  

"I know what you really want," Hina said to Mr. Kim, ignoring Sehun's question.  

"Oh?" Mr. Kim asked, seeming amused.  "And what is it that I want?"  

"Me."  

"Ah, you're correct."  

Hina sighed.  "I'm giving you a choice... take me and leave them out of this, or-"  

"You don't have to continue, dear.  You already know what I want."  He smirked and reached out for her.  

"No!" Sehun shouted and punched the guy holding onto him.  He pushed the other men that tried blocking him out of the way and ran over to Hina, but before he could reach her, Mr. Kim held up his gun and shot him in the shoulder.  Hina's eyes grew wide while Sehun stumbled back from the impact.  He cried in pain and gripped onto his arm, as if that would somehow heal him.  

"Wh-what are you doing?!?  No!  Sehun!" Hina screamed.  Then Mr. Kim grabbed her and held her tightly.  She resisted him as much as possible, but seeing Sehun in such a state made her feel weak and helpless.  

"Don't worry, dear, let's just get out of here now," Mr. Kim said gently.  

Mr. Kim carassed Hina's cheek, then pushed her into one of the other man's arms before turning and smiling in triumph.  He waved for the men to follow him as the began to walk out of the abandoned warehouse.  Before they got the chance to leave, though, Sehun got back up and tried stopping them.  

He was almost successful until Mr. Kim stopped him by bringing out his gun again and holding the barrel up to his head.  Sehun was terrified at that point, but tried to calm himself down by breathing in and out deeply.  Besides him, Hina was probably more scared than him.  She didn't want anything bad to happen to Sehun, especially since he was the greatest guy ever and always saved her.  

"No!  Please...  I'm begging you," Hina said, trying to hold in her tears.  "Don't hurt him."  

Mr. Kim thought for a second before looking at Hina and then Sehun.  He pulled the gun away and stuck it back into the back of his pants.  Sehun stood still, knowing that if he tried anything he could end up dead.  Hina internally thanked the man for listening to her and reluctantly followed the guys that were leading them to the back.  

 

Hina's POV

Tears kept falling down my cheeks, but I felt relieved that the man had decided to leave the three.  I was being tugged along by one of the men as we headed out of the warehouse and towards a black van.  My heart was beating like crazy and I swear I was going to pass out any second.  

Then right when they opened the side door and was going to push me in, the police jumped out of the bushes and from behind the trees with their guns pointing directly at the men surrounding me.  They moved in and everything happened so quickly that I felt like I couldn't keep up.  But before I knew it, there wasn't any one holding me any longer and I ran back into the warehouse.  

When I entered, I found Sehun trying to help Minhee get free from the ropes with one hand.  I quickly made my way over to them and knelt down beside them.  I tugged the ropes off of her body and pulled her into a long hug.  She sobbed into my shoulder and wrapped her arms around me as tight as possible.  Then we turned our heads to Luhan who laid unconscious and still bleeding.  

The paramedics rushed into the warehouse as well and untangled Luhan while lifting him up into a stretcher.  Another team of paramedics took Minhee away and tried to treat her small wounds.  Same for Sehun, who was still holding onto his arm.  

I went into the same ambulance as Sehun and watched as they made him lay down and treated his arm as we headed to the hospital.  It was sort of awkward, but I grew confidence and took his good hand into mine.  He looked at me in shock, but tightened his hold.  

"I'm so sorry," I apologized.  "I know I didn't listen to you, but... I-I got scared and- and..."  

"Shh... it's okay.  I forgive you.  It's all over now," Sehun said soothingly.  

I couldn't help it anymore and just began to sob.  "Sehun..." I muttered over and over again.  "S-sorry."  

"Don't cry.  It hurts me when you cry."  

I looked at him and saw how pale he had gotten.  I wiped my tears and noticed how his grip loosened in my hand.  Then there was beeping and that's when I realized how much he had actually bled.  Then I began to worry about Luhan and Minhee and my head started to spin.  There was too many things going on in my brain and it was getting to the point where I couldn't handle it anymore.  

"Sehun, please don't close your eyes," I said, trying not to panic.  His eyelids got droopy and he looked extremely tired.  "Sehun, please," I begged.  "We're almost there, don't go to sleep.  You'll have a lot of time to rest later, please stay awake.  Sehun!"  

"I'm... fine..." he said just above a whisper.  His small smile appeared and disappeared in a flash before he had closed his eyes.  

"Sehun?  Sehun, no don't do that," I said, tears falling again.  "Sehun wake up, please!  Sehun we're here, please wake up..."  

 

Sehun's POV

I heard a steady beep noise as I started to awake from my sleep.  I felt around and noticed that the blanket covering me wasn't familiar.  I opened my eyes and squinted at the light flowing in through the window.  I sat up and suddenly felt how sore my left arm felt.  I groaned in pain and tried to remember what had happened.  

Once it was all clear and coming back to me, I gasped in realization and tried getting out of bed.  I soon realized that the tubes connected to my arms were trapping me and only allowed me to move so far.  I sighed and decided to just lay back.  As much as I wanted to see how Luhan, and Minhee, and Hina were doing, I knew that it probably wasn't a good idea to just rip off the needles and wonder about.  

I looked around the room some more and saw my phone and bloodied uniform, which was in a plastic bag, sitting on the table beside the bed.  I reached out for it and decided to call Hina.  She didn't answer the first time, so I tried again, but in the middle of the ringing the door opened and Hina walked in.  We both looked at each other for a moment before she slowly started walking towards me and soon engulfed me into a hug.  

"Wh-why?" she questioned in a low whisper.  "Why did you scare me like that?"  Her tears wet the hospital top that I was wearing.  All I could do was pat her back gently and hold her close.  

"I'm sorry," I said.  

She pulled back and sat in the chair that was beside the bed.  "I'm sorry.  Everything happened because of me." 

I looked at her as she wiped away her tears and fidgeted with her fingers, then smiled.  "Yeah, everything did happen because of you," I said.  She looked up at me with sad eyes and nodded in guilt.  "You caught my attention," I continued, "and unintentionally enticed me."  

"What?" she asked and sniffled.  

"Don't be sorry.  Without all of this happening I couldn't have gotten to know you better.  We probably wouldn't have ever talked to each other if nothing happened that day on the bus."  

"But... you're always getting hurt."  

"I can withstand a couple of cuts and bruises."  

"S-Sehun..."  

"How is Luhan?" I asked, changing the subject.  

"He's okay.  Luckily he doesn't have any major brain or head inuries, but he'll have a scar."  

"That's good.  And Minhee?"  

"She won't leave Luhan's side at all and is probably emotionally scared, but I think she's fine.  There weren't any injuries besides a couple of cuts and scrapes."  

"What about you?"  

"M-Me?  Don't worry about me... I'm fine."  

"Are you sure?"  

"Yeah.  I'm sure."  

I looked at her for a second then smiled.  "Okay."  

After the doctor came to check up on me, I got to go see Luhan, with the help of Hina of course.  He had just awaken when we got to his room and looked just fine.  He said that he had a headache, but nothing more.  Minhee seemed to be okay as soon as Luhan had opened his eyes, too.  

Then the door opened and our aunt and uncle came in with both our grandfathers and grandmothers.  It was like a little reunion.  They asked so many questions, but in the end said that they were happy that we were okay.  

"Sehun," my grandfather said, while pulling me to the side.  

"Yeah?" I asked.  

"You're mother... she's here, too.  We told her what happened and she asked to come, so we brought her."  

I looked at him in disbelief.  "What?"  

"She's gotten better and has been wanting to see you for a while now."  

I had mixed feelings and didn't know how to respond.  "I... don't know if I want to see her."  

"Please, Sehun-ah.  She's your mother."  

"She didn't act like one," I muttered.  

"She did her best.  After your father died..." 

"Don't.  I don't want to hear or talk about it." 

"Please don't be upset Sehun.  Just talk with her for a little." 

It took me a little bit to think, then I looked up into my grandfather's eyes and nodded.  "She's outside?" I asked. 

"Yeah," he said. 

Finally I took a deep breath in and was ready to meet my mother after so long.  I walked out of Luhan's hospital room and into the big hallways of the hospital.  After I shut the door behind me, I was met with my mom.  She looked a little different from when I last saw her.  The bags under her eyes weren't dark anymore and her skin went from pale to her regular skin tone.  Just seeing her being better brought happiness to me, but that still didn't erase all that had happened before. 

She spoke first, "Sehun-ah..." 

I stepped forward and cleared my throat.  I felt awkward, and I didn't know what to say.  Walking out of the room I felt ready, but right at the moment I was in disbelief and was drowning in nervousness. 

"How... how are you?" she asked. 

"I'm okay," I replied. 

"Are you hurt?" 

"No." 

"Your... bandages..." 

I looked down at my own body and realized that I was in a patient's outfit and had bandages wrapped around my arm and all my other injuries.  "O-Oh..." I stuttered.  "They're... nothing major." 

"Oh Sehun... I'm so sorry..." she suddenly started sobbing.  "Please forgive me." 

She cried into her hands, whimpering from time to time.  I bit my bottom lip and looked away, trying not to let any tears drop.  It was more emotional than I had thought at first.  And once I got a grip over myself I came closer to my mom and rubbed her shoulders as comforting as possible. 

She raised her head and looked into my eyes.  I could see all the pain from her look and I felt like I had been shot again.  I always thought of myself a lot when it was just my mom and me living together.  Now I felt all the guilt.  It hit me all at once I and I realized how much of a terrible son I was. 

"I'm a bad son," I muttered.  I thought that she didn't hear me, but then she pulled me into a hug.  My bad arm hurt when she did so, but I was more surprised about the hug than worrying about my sore arm. 

"No, no.  Never think that.  I'm so proud of you," she said.  "You've never done anything wrong.  Look at you now...  You're living on your own and working and getting an education.  I'm the one that's not taking care of you or being a mother.  I'm the one still living with my parents.  So don't ever think that, ever. 

"Your dad would be so proud of you, too.  I know he would be talking so highly of you at work and bragging about his wonderful son every chance he got...  He loved you so much.  He always wanted the best for you, but you struggled, right?  Because of me, you had to learn how to do things by yourself.  You had to become independent and grow up too soon.  I'm sorry, Sehun.  You know I never stopped thinking about you and loving you while you were gone living by yourself.  I felt so sorry that you had to have a mom like me.  I'm so sorry..." 

I began to cry into my mom's shoulder.  She kept talking and it just made me cry.  Her mentions of my dad broke me, and when she said that she felt sorry for me, I completely broke down.  It hurt that she thought that way and I never did anything to help her stop thinking that way.  I was too selfish.  I wanted to say so much and blurt out anything I could, but all those words got stuck in my throat and all I could let out were cries. 

I had felt so alone.  Once my dad passed away, I felt empty and my grades started slipping.  Everything at that time became so stressful for me.  Then my mom went down the wrong way; I caused trouble and got into fights a lot.  I no longer felt the love that I wanted and needed.  My grandparents took care of my mom while I was left to fend for myself and that's when I was really alone.  I felt like there was no one.  Everyday I somehow survived, though I felt no point in living anymore if no one was going to be there.  I tried pulling myself together after a period of time, though, with the help of people like Luhan and Minhee and the rest of the guys.  I was stable, finally. 

My mood grew exponentially as I began meeting other people and had friends by my side, especially after I met Hina.  No one ever had made my heart beat so fast like her.  She was one of the few people who got me to smile- and despite all that's happened with the guy called Mr. Kim and all, I still appreciate her being here.  I probably would've continued to struggle through life without meeting her. 

Coincidentally the door behind me opened and Hina came out.  I let go of my mom and turned to look at her.  She looked shocked and slightly worried.  "I-I'm sorry... for interrupting.  I'll j-just go now." 

"Don't go," I said. 

"H-Huh?" she asked. 

Instead of saying anything else I wrapped my arms around her.  I could feel her tense up, but then relax and put her hands on my waist. 

"Stop apologizing," I mumbled. 

I heard her giggle and snuggle closer to me. 

"Thank you," I whispered, then let go of her. 

"Mom, this is Hina," I introduced her. 

"Hello," my mom said and smiled, even with her tears still running down her cheeks. 

I sniffled and wiped my tears away as they said hello to one another. 

"Is she your girlfriend?" my mom asked. 

"N-no, we're just friends," I replied. 

"Yeah," Hina agreed with me, but was blushing. 

Then Hina looked at me.  "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah," I told her. 

She looked at me worriedly and brought her hand up to my cheek.  Her touch was soft and gentle, and it made my stomach flip. 

 

 


Hi guys!  This was such a long chapter that I had been writing over a couple of days when I have free time and I was excited to finally get it out!  I hope you guys liked it!  And I know it may seem short and cut off in at the end, but I wanted to spread it out because it's so long already.  And yeahh.... I should probably do my homework, but I wanna start the next chapter hahah :D

 

~Angelflyer