Chapter 25: Bad Guy

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

After a little while the doctor for Luhan came in and checked his arm and shoulder.  The doctor said that there were no major issues, but his shoulder and arm would be sore and bruised.  He told Luhan now to treat it and then left. 

"How long are you planning to stay?" Luhan asked me. 

"Uh, I don't know," I told him honestly.  I didn't want to just leave without making sure Hina was alright. 

Then Hina's phone rang.  We looked at each other for a second, then I went to look at who was calling her.  The caller ID read "Mom."  I picked the phone up and handed it over to Minhee.  She took it and answered it.

"What did her mom say?" Luhan asked Minhee after she hung up. 

"They'll be here as soon as they can," Minhee replied. 

"Okay.  Then should we all stay?" 

"I should, but if you guys want to go home you can." 

"I'll stay, too," I said. 

"Well, since you both are staying, I'll stay." 

"Sehun!" Hina suddenly shouted and shot up from the bed. 

I ran around to her side and held onto her hands that were now shaking.  She was looking around and looked frightened. 

"I'm right here, Hina," I told her gently. 

Finally she was starting to calm down.  She looked up to me and sighed in relief.  I let go of her hands, but stayed beside her.  Luhan and Minhee crowded on the other side and spoke to her softly. 

"Are you all okay?" she asked. 

"Yeah, we're fine," Minhee replied. 

"I-I'm sorry...  I was having a nightmare." 

"It's okay," Luhan said.  "You don't have to be afraid." 

Hina smiled and shifted her position.  Soon the doctor came in and told us her updated condition.  He also said that she would be able to leave by tonight, but to be careful. 

Just as we were done packing up and whatnot, Hina's parents and Minhee's parents came running in.  I stood to the side while everyone was greeted happily.  While they had their own happy moments, I began to gather all my stuff up.  I was planning to leave quietly until Luhan called me over. 

"This is my cousin," Luhan introduced me. 

"Hi, we're Minhee's parents," her mom said. 

"I'm Sehun," I said. 

I talked with them for a while longer before they decided to get going.  Luhan decided to leave with them, too.  Again, I planned to quietly go, but Hina called for me before I got the chance to move. 

"Sehun," she said.  I looked at her, waiting for her to say something.  "Uh... thank you.  D-Did you want us to drop you off?" 

I shook my head.  "I heading off now.  See you." 

"Alright, bye." 

 

Your POV

He nodded his head before leaving the room.  As he left the room, I noticed how he grabbed his midsection.  That told me that something wasn't right and I began to feel worried.  They told me that they were alright, but Sehun seemed like he was in pain. 

"Who is that?" my mom asked. 

"He's a classmate," I told her. 

"Well, I don't think I like him." 

"Okay?" 

"He seems like the type to not do too well in school.  Has he been in fights before?  He looks like he's a troublemaker...  What do his parents do for a living?" 

"Sehun might not be in the top class, but he's doing just fine in academics.  Yes, maybe he's been in a couple of fights, but he's changed.  He's not a troublemaker either.  And I don't know anything about his parents." 

"Well...  I don't want you to hang around him." 

"Mom!" 

"I just don't feel like you'd be safe with him around." 

"What do you mean?!?  He's been protecting me ever since we've been strangers." 

"That doesn't mean anything.  He could've just wanted to fight." 

"You don't know him." 

"Dear, say something to her." 

I looked at my dad and waited for him to say something.  "I think we shouldn't judge him too soon, honey, I mean he is Luhan's cousin after all." 

"Luhan's Chinese!  Who knows if he's just trying to hide him from the police or something," my mom stated. 

"That's not true!  Sehun's not a bad guy." 

"I'm not saying he's a bad guy, I'm just telling you to stay away from him." 

"You are saying that he's a bad guy.  You just said that Luhan was trying to hide him from the police." 

My mom sighed.  "Stay away from that boy, you got that?" 

"You can't stop me from being with my... friend." 

"No, I can't, but that doesn't mean that you should disobey me." 

"Mom!" 

"We are not talking about this any further.  This conversation is over.  Let's go home." 

When we got home, I went straight up to my room.  I took a shower and put on my pajamas.  Before I turned the light off, I took painkillers for my headache. 

While I laid in bed, I heard my parents start arguing.  I put my headphone on and made sure it was loud enough to cover up their yelling.  Then I took my phone off my bedside table and decided to text Minhee and Luhan in our little group chat.  . 

Me [9:18 pm]: Hey are you up?

Minheeeeee [9:19 pm]: Yeah I'm still up

Mr.Lu [9:19 pm]: What up little Hina-chan

Me [9:20 pm]: Shut up Luhan

Mr.Lu [9:21 pm]: Ok Ok

Minheeeeee [9:22 pm]: Are you going to school tomorrow?

Me [9:23 pm]: Planning to.  But...

Mr.Lu [9:24 pm]: But what

Me [9:25 pm]: My mom like banned me from going near Sehun after you guys left

Mr.Lu [9:25 pm]: Why?

Me [9:26 pm]: Because she didn't like how he looked.  She thought she was a troublemaker and was a bad influence and stuff...

Minheeeeee [9:27 pm]: Did you tell her that he's not? 

Me [9:28 pm]: I tried to

Mr.Lu [9:30 pm]: I could come and try to convince your mom

Me [9:31 pm]: Good luck with that because she thinks your in it... trying to hid Sehun from the police because you said that you guys were cousins

Minheeeeee [9:32 pm]: What are you going to do then?

Me [9:33 pm]: I don't know... I can't stop myself if I somehow end up talking with Sehun tomorrow on the bus

Minheeeeee [9:39 pm]: I guess you'll just have to prove to her that Sehun's not that bad 

Me [9:40 pm]: Yeah, I'll try

Mr.Lu [9:41 pm]: You want me to tell Sehun?

Me [9:41 pm]: No, I don't want him to worry about it

Mr.Lu [9:42 pm]: Alright

Me [9:44 pm]: I'm gonna go to bed early... I have a headache

Mr.Lu [9:45 pm]: Okay, goodnight

Me [9:45 pm]: Night!

The next morning I got ready and headed out to the bus stop.  As I waited, I found myself thinking about Sehun.  I suddenly felt restless and wanted to see him so bad.  I also hoped that he felt alright and that he wasn't in pain anymore. 

Finally when the bus came to a stop in front of me, I climbed on and spotted Sehun right away.  Right away my feet took me to him and I stopped before him. 

"Hi," I greeted. 

"Hey," he said.  He took a step to the side for me and I moved closer to him. 

On the way to school we had a small chit-chat.  Then we got off and greeted Luhan and Minhee at the gate.  As we were just hanging out in front of the school some guy comes up to us and punches Luhan in the gut. 

Since Luhan was taken by surprise he was still gasping for a breath.  Minhee held onto Luhan's arm and around his torso as he bent over after the punch.  Sehun stood in front of Luhan before the other guy tried anything else. 

"That's what you get for letting Minhee and Hina get hurt.  I shouldn't have let you have Minhee if I knew you were just going to allow her to get hurt!" the guy exclaimed, making others around us stare. 

"Just shut up," Sehun snapped. 

"Who are you?" 

Sehun didn't respond, he just stared.

"You're not going to answer?!?  I bet you just stood there while they were thrown around by some ert!" 

"Whatever," Sehun muttered. 

The the guy charged forward and was about to punch Sehun in the same way he did to Luhan, but was blocked.  He grunted as he pulled his hand away from Sehun's grip.  He kept trying to hit Sehun, but was either blocked or missed. 

By now Luhan was okay and was standing upright next to Minhee. 

"Are you okay?" Minhee asked and gently let her hand rest on the area where he was punched. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," Luhan replied. 

"Who is he?" I asked them. 

"He's... kinda like my middle school stalker.  He's like really obsessed with me.  His name is David." 

"Oh...  and how come I haven't known about him until now?" 

"Because he stopped following me for a couple of months now and I thought it was all good." 

"He knows me how?" 

"That, I don't know." 

Sehun was punched hard in the stomach and stumbled back.  He slipped on some ice and was about to fall back before I caught him from behind.  He fixed his footing and stood up. 

"Are you okay?" I asked. 

He turned and nodded at me.  Then the others came out and pulled the guy away.  Chanyeol and Tao grabbed the guy while Joonmyeon held Sehun back and the rest stood by. 

"What the hell?  Let go of me!" David yelled. 

"What's going on?" Minseok asked. 

"He just came up and punched Luhan," Minhee told them. 

David then glared at her.  "Because he allowed her to get hurt!  He let this y bastard from yesterday throw her and Hina onto the ground like they were dolls." 

"What?!?" Joonmyeon asked. 

"What happened yesterday?" Kris asked. 

"Nothing," Sehun muttered and looked away. 

"Get out of here," Jongin told David.  Then Chanyeol and Tao let go of him and he scattered. 

"Let's go inside.  Class will be starting in about five minutes," Yixing said. 

We just kind of stood there for a second before agreeing with Yixing and going into the school building. 

 

 


Hi guys!  I'm back at home with some decent internet since the last month hahah :D  But it's nice to be home and I couldn't wait to update this chapter for you all.  Thanks to all of you for commenting and for sticking with this fic even though I don't update as frequently as I said that I would :P  but still thank you! 

Anyways, about the chapter...  Hina's mom though~  Do you guys hate her now?  Please don't hate her too much.  She's just a worried parent.  Our parents are always like that, don't you agree?  Thanks for reading and continue to comment, okay?  :)

 

~Angelflyer