Chapter 38: Closer

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

As weeks passed, Sehun and I grew closer.  I was sure enough to at least call us friends- though, Minhee would probably say differently.  I didn't mind too much though because honestly I kind of liked it. 

It got warmer out, so I didn't have to bring out my big coat.  My mom stopped getting on my case twenty-four-seven, thankfully, and I was allowed to hang out with Sehun officially, even though I've been hanging around him before that. 

"Let's go out and have some fun," Minhee said one Saturday morning when she decided to call me. 

"Where?" I asked. 

"Downtown.  I already called Jahee and she'll meet us there." 

"I haven't even said yes yet," I told her. 

"But you love me, that's why you'll say yes." 

I groaned because she was right.  I wasn't doing anything, so why not?  Plus it's been a while since I've hung out with Minhee and Jahee.  "Fine.  Come pick me up then," I said. 

"Okay!  I'll be there in 30 minutes," she said excitedly. 

"Wait- but-" 

"See you in 30!" she sang then hung up. 

I sighed, but ended up laughing at her.  She could always make me smile or laugh.  I was thankful for her and Luhan and Sehun and everyone else and I couldn't be more happier. 

Once Minhee finally came to pick me up, we drove downtown and met up with Jahee at a small cafe.  We grabbed our drinks and then began walking down the street. 

"Hey, look!" Minhee said, catching Jahee and my attention. 

She had stopped a foot or two behind and was pointing at something through the window.  Jahee and I looked at each other for a second before turning and going back to her to see what she was looking at. 

I stood in front of the glass window with her and saw that she was staring at cute puppies running around in a backyard-styled gated off area.  They looked so small and fluffy and I just wanted to pet them. 

As I awed over the tiny puppies, Minhee nudged me.  I turned to look at her.  "What?" I asked.  She had a smirk on before turning and pointing at something else within the store.  I followed her finger and saw that the thing- or rather person she was pointing at was Sehun.  He was talking to an old couple with their dog and had a nice smile on. 

Sehun looked so handsome, just like a character that came straight out of a manga or anime.  Without even knowing, a smile sprawled onto my face and I was staring at him like I was in a trance.  Then I heard Jahee and Minhee giggling.  I snapped my head towards them and pouted. 

"Why are you guys laughing?" I asked. 

"Is this how we were when we first fell for our Minseok and Luhan?" Jahee asked, ignoring my question. 

"I think so," Minhee answered.  "Let's go in!" 

"Wai-  Why?" I asked as she took me and Jahee by our wrists and pulled us inside the store. 

We walked in and strolled by all the pets.  I wanted to stop and take a closer look, but Minhee kept tugging on me to continue on.  Reluctantly, I trailed behind her until we reached Sehun. 

He was still talking to the old couple; we didn't want to intrude, so we waited near a couple of puppies.  I put my shopping bags on the floor next to Jahee's and Minhee's, and then knelt down to play with the little furballs. 

One of the puppies were so excited that it jumped into my lap and my cheek.  I chuckled and patted its head.  "You're so cute," I muttered and played with it some more. 

"Do you like him?" someone asked. 

I jumped a little and then turned my head to find Sehun standing beside me.  He bent down and petted the little puppy's head.  Another smile grew onto my face. 

"Yeah," I replied. 

"I was thinking about adopting him.  I already have a name picked out and everything," he told me. 

"Really?  What is it?" 

"Vivi." 

"That's cute."  I looked down to the dog and his curly hair. 

"Did you come by yourself?" 

"Huh?"  I looked around for Jahee and Minhee, but found them no where in sight.  "No...  I didn't.  I came with Minhee and Jahee, but I don't know where they went."  Then I looked over to our bags and saw that their bags were still sitting next to mine. 

"Oh." 

"Yeah...  But, hey, you never told me that you worked here." 

"Oh, heh, sorry."  He rubbed the back of his neck and put on an innocent expression. 

I got up from the ground with Sehun and went to go pick up my bags. 

"Are these all yours?" Sehun asked as he reached for my bag. 

"No, they're Minhee and Jahee's, too," I replied. 

Just then a dog came running from one direction and hit the bags causing them to be knocked down and fly a couple of feet away.  I watched as the dog ran away and a young boy chase after it.  Then I turned to look at Sehun. 

I picked up one of the bags and he went to get the others.  Some stuff had fallen out, so he picked them up as well.  I thanked him for helping me, but when I reached out to grab what he had picked up, my face went tomato red.  My eyes trailed up to his face and saw that he was blushing just as hard, but he was looking in a different direction while covering his mouth with the back of his hand. 

He was holding a new bra that I had just bought.  Quickly I took it and shoved it into my bag.  Sehun cleared his throat and removed his hand from his mouth, but began bitting his bottom lip instead. 

"U-uhmmm..." he stuttered.  He was still looking down at his feet and around the shop.  "I-I'm sorry... I-I was just-" 

"It's okay," I said quietly. 

I could still feel my cheeks burning.  The initial embarrassed and shocked feeling just did not want to go away.  I tried so hard to think of what to say, but I just couldn't. 

Neither of us said anything, but then Minhee and Jahee came from around the corner.  The smiled and said hello to Sehun before taking their bags from me.  It was still awkwardly quiet between Sehun and me, but I don't think either of the girls noticed because they just went on talking about something random. 

After chatting for a while longer, we said our goodbyes and I left the store with the girls.  We went into a store and continued our shopping, but instead of actually looking at the clothes they kept teasing me about Sehun. 

"You know, Sehun has been smiling a whole lot more since you guys have been hanging out and all," Minhee said. 

"Are you two dating?" Jahee asked. 

I looked at her in surprise.  "H-Huh?  What?  N-no we're not!" I told them.  My cheeks were getting red again, thinking about Sehun and me. 

"Are you sure?  The two of you seemed pretty happy to see each other earlier," Minhee said and smirked. 

"I-It wasn't like that," I mumbled. 

"I've always known you two would be the cutest couple." 

"I thought I was the only one," Jahee giggled. 

Minhee shook her head and grasped onto Jahee's arm.  "I can already picture their future children!" she exclaimed. 

"Oh my god, Minhee, stop," I grumbled and hid in embarrassment. 

 

Sehun's POV

After working, I went home and thought about what had happened between Hina and me.  I started to worry slightly.  What if Hina thought that I was a ert now?  I should've just let her pick it up herself. 

I tried busying myself to stop thinking about today's events, but they just wouldn't go away.  So I decided to call who I thought I could trust the most about it. 

"Hello?" the person asked. 

"Hello?  Joonmyeon hyung?" I asked while pacing around. 

"Yeah?" 

"Uhmm... H-Have you... How are you?" 

"I'm good," he said in suspicion.  "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine." 

"Then...?" 

"Have you ever seen..."  Suddenly I felt too embarrassed to say anything.  "U-Uhhh..." 

"What is it?" 

I let out a breath and sat down on my bed.  "Have you ever seen a girl's... bra?"  I almost whispered the last word, but was still somewhat relived that I actually got it out. 

"Huh?" 

"Please don't make me repeat that..." 

He said something else, as if he was speaking to someone in the room, but I couldn't hear what it is he said.  Then all of a sudden I heard Luhan's voice over the phone. 

"What did you do, Oh Sehun?" Luhan asked. 

I sighed.  "Nothing..." 

"He asked if I've ever seen a girl's bra," I heard Joonmyeon say. 

"Oh... well, if you really want an answer, then yes I have," Luhan said honestly. 

"So it's okay?" I asked hesitantly. 

"I mean, I guess...  Why are you asking?" 

"Because...  I... kind of accidentally saw Hina's..." I admitted. 

"Really?" Joonmyeon asked.  "How?" 

"It's a long story." 

"Tell it," Luhan said. 

"Well, to put it short, all her bags fell over and I just happened to pick it up." 

"At least it wasn't like how my experience was with Minhee..." 

"What?" 

"She straight up asked me which bra she should get in the middle of an undergarments store." 

I heard Joonmyeon laughing on the other end.  "I feel like that's totally what Minhee would do," he said and continued on his laughing fit. 

"Yeah... well she's done that to me so many times that it's really not awkward anymore." 

"You're kidding," I said flatly. 

"Nope.  I know it sounds weird, but I've gotten used to it." 

"So I'm not considered a ert then?" 

"Oh geez, Sehun.  You really are the innocent, baby youngling," Luhan said.  I could picture him shaking his head then, too. 

"I am not!  I'll be taller than you by next year." 

"Good.  Keep growing, little one." 

"No!  You can't be taller than your hyung!" Joonmyeon shouted. 

"Just face it, Joonmyeon, you're short," I heard Kris hyung's voice say. 

"Shut it, Yifan," Joonmyeon snapped. 

I heard more grumbling and talking before Luhan came on again.  He told me not to worry about it and just be calm about it.  Then I finally said okay and hung up. 

On Monday, I got on the bus and waited patiently for Hina's stop to come.  When it finally did, she got on and flashed me a smile.  I smiled back and made room for her to stand next to me.  I was glad that she didn't bring up the little incident or else I probably would've freaked out. 

When we met up with the rest of the guys, Luhan and Joonmyeon smirked at me.  I tried ignoring them as best as I could, but it didn't really work out too well.  They always seemed to be looking straight at me when I glanced over in their direction. 

"Hey why does Luhan-ge keep staring at you?" Tao asked as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 

I decided to play dumb and say, "I don't know." 

He gave me a look before nodding and continuing to talk to Jongin.  I looked at Hina, who was still standing beside me.  She was laughing along with Minhee about something.  Just seeing her laugh and being happy was good enough for me to smile, too. 

"Hello?  Earth to Sehun," Chanyeol said. 

"H-Huh?  What?" I asked and looked at him. 

"When are you going to finally ask Hina to be your girlfriend?"  I saw his smirk on his face and then all of a sudden everyone's attention was on us. 

I looked down to Hina and saw that she was blushing.  I bit my bottom lip and thought of what to say.  If I said something wrong then I would mess everything up.  There was no doubt in my mind that I kind of liked Hina, but I wasn't too confident just yet to say stuff. 

Thankfully the bell rang and I ran inside without looking back. 

When I got to my classroom and sat down in my chair, I wondered if Hina would be angry or upset that I just left like that.  I took my phone out of my pocket then and texted her. 

Me [7:36 am]:  Hey... I'm sorry that I just took off.  Please don't be mad. 

As soon as I sent the message, I got one just as quick from her. 

Hina [7:37 am]:  Don't worry about it :)  See you at lunch 

 


Hey guys!  I was wondering... how would you guys like it if I added in KrisHo or ChanBaek?  I mean... I would like to read your guys' opinions before doing anything, so please comment down below!  (Plus it's just for fun and doesn't have anything to do with the actual story.  I just wanted to try something different... though it's probably really stupid to ask now that I'm going to end the story... Gah, but whatever)  ^-^  Anyways... I hope you guys enjoyed this longer chapter!  (I'm sorry if it seems rushed... I wanted to get it out as quickly as possible to you guys!)

 

~Angelflyer