Chapter 37: Goodnight

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

It was dark out, only a couple of lamps lighting the way along the road.  I felt a presence behind me, so I looked behind me and saw this figure.  Even from a far I could tell that this person was at least 6 feet.  It just stood there for a second before beginning to move forward right towards me. 

Then I got a bad feeling.  Anxiety and fear arose in me and I knew I had to run.  At first I just walked, but when he began to pick up speed, I did too. 

I don't know where I was running to, especially because all of a sudden the surrounding didn't seem familiar to me at all, but I just had to get away from the thing chasing me.  After running for a little, I finally saw my house come into view.  A sense of relief washed over me, but I still wasn't safe just yet. 

Quickly, I ran up the steps of my porch and tried opening the door, but it was locked.  I started to panic and desperately tried to twist the door handle open, but it just wouldn't budge. 

I turned and saw the approaching figure getting closer and closer.  My back was pressed against the door and my heart started to beat hard against my chest.  I felt like I couldn't do anything.  I was just stuck there, not able to move. 

Suddenly, Sehun appeared out of no where and stood in front of me, his back facing the black figure.  I looked up at him in surprise and tried to tell him, but he just smiled at me and whispered, "Shh... don't worry.  No one will hurt you." 

I felt myself calm down after he said that.  He wrapped his arms around me and I sunk into his embrace.  It was warm and finally I felt safe.  Everything seemed to turn brighter and when I turned my head to look around the sun shined right in my face. 

Then my eyes fluttered opened and my alarm went off.  I rubbed my eyes and groaned while getting out of bed.  As I washed up and got dressed I thought of that dream that I had just had.  It was definitely different than ones that I had had before.  I kind of liked it though when Sehun showed up.  It made me feel butterfly flutters in my stomach. 

When I got on the bus and saw Sehun for real, I couldn't help but get shy and remember my dream.  I went to stand next to him and took baby steps to get closer and close the gap in between us. 

"Hey," I said. 

"Hey," he replied. 

"I-Is your cheek swollen at all?" I asked, suddenly remembering about what my mom had done. 

"No, it's fine.  Don't worry about it," he said. 

I bit my bottom lip and let out a little sigh.  "I'm sorry..." 

"For what?  You didn't do anything wrong." 

"Well..." 

"Don't apologize.  It's all good, I swear." 

"I-I... It's just-" 

"I'm fine."  He lifted and rested his hand on my shoulder ever so gently and rubbed his thumb back and forth in a caring way. 

I felt my cheeks start to heat up as he stared into my eyes with sincerely.  A small smile crawled onto my face and it felt like time had just stopped and there was no one else around us.  It was a moment of just us. 

Then he broke the silence.  "You know, you apologize too much... so I want you to stop saying "sorry" so much."  He still had a gentle and calm expression on while keeping his hand on my shoulder. 

"Okay," I replied and slowly reached for his hand. 

I was hesitant because I didn't want to make things awkward between us, but finally my hand made it to his.  At first I barely even caressed over it, but I decided to take my chances and grasped his. 

"I'll try," I added. 

He looked shocked for a second, but he soon showed his small smile.  Again everything seemed to pause except for us. 

Before long, the bus stopped at the school and we got off.  At the gate, we found Luhan and Minhee waiting around.  Minhee spotted us first and smiled and waved.  We walked over to the couple together and greeted them. 

While the guys were talking amongst themselves, Minhee quietly looked at me in suspicion and smirked.  She tapped her finger on her chin and slightly tilted her head one way. 

"What's up, huh?" she asked. 

"N-nothing," I answered, suddenly feeling a little bit nervous and shy. 

"What happened while you guys were on that bus?" 

"Nothing," I muttered. 

"Yeah, sure, you liar.  Now tell me." 

"It's just... we-" 

"What?  Just say it." 

"It wasn't anything big... just- I felt... we kind of held hands.  That's all nothing else happened." 

"Oh my god!  That's huge!" she exclaimed causing most people around us to stare. 

"Can you please lower your voice," I begged, desperately. 

"What is it?" Luhan asked. 

Minhee opened to say something, but I immediately slapped my hand over so all that came out was mumbling.  "Nothing," I said, nervously staring at Luhan and Sehun. 

Luhan gave me a look before secretly smiling- actually it was more like a smirk just like Minhee's- before turning to Sehun and grabbing him by his shoulders and leading him towards their other group of friends that were starting to form.  I sighed in relief and unclasped my hand from Minhee's mouth.  I gave her an innocent look and backed away carefully. 

"I was going to your hand if you didn't let go of me," Minhee said and fixed her backpack on her shoulder. 

"S-Sorr-" I stopped myself before I could complete my sentence because of what Sehun had said to me.  "I mean... ohh."  

Minhee looked at me weirdly and then just smiled.  "Anyways, tell me all about it." 

I chuckled and told her about everything from my dream to what had just happened a couple of minutes before I got off the bus.  I forced Minhee to keep her excitement inside before she exploded again, making people's heads turn again.  Then the bell rang and we went in. 

 

Sehun's POV

Throughout the whole school day, I couldn't stop thinking about Hina.  On the bus I felt her soft hand rest on mine.  No one had ever tried to get intimate with me, so gently like how Hina was.  Her smile was something so precious and all I wanted to do was see it everyday. 

Finally when school ended, I went straight to the bus stop.  The bus dropped me off near my workplace and I quickly made my way to the small building. 

"Hi, you must be Oh Sehun, correct?" a man asked. 

"Yes, I am.  And you are Mr. Choi?"

"Yes, nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you, too.  Thank you for the position." 

"No problem."  He shook my head then beckoned me to follow him. 

We walked towards the backroom.  "I see you just got out of school," he said, making conversation. 

"Ah, yeah.  I came as quickly as I could." 

"Don't worry about it, Sehun.  You're young and should be focusing on studying.  Anyways, here is the back room.  You can place your belongings in this area and change if you need to.  I will have your work schedule printed out for you by the time your shift is over." 

"Thank you." 

"For today, I'll train you about the basics.  Then for the next two weeks you will be trained by Ms. Miyeon.  She'll help you with about everything, but if you're still confused or need help, don't be afraid to just ask." 

"Thank you, Mr. Choi." 

"Of course," he said cheerfully. 

After work, I went to the grocery store to buy some food.  Then once I was done I finally went home.  I threw my backpack onto my bed and took the plastic bags full of groceries into the kitchen.  I put away the food and then decided to make something quick and easy. 

As I ate, I did some of my homework.  Then my phone started ringing. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"H-Hey," Hina's soft voice said. 

"Oh, hey...  Did you need something?" 

"No... i-it's just... you left early..." 

"Yeah, sorry about that.  I won't be riding the bus after school anymore.  But I'll see you tomorrow morning." 

"Hmm, okay." 

"'Kay.  Is there anything else?"  I wanted to talk to her longer, but I didn't say that out loud. 

"U-uhh... no...  Sorr-  I mean..." 

I silently smiled to myself.  She was keeping her promise. 

"I-I'll see you tomorrow," she said.  "Goodnight." 

"Goodnight, Hina." 

 

 


Hey guys!  I am planning to end this story really soon... like in 2-3 more chpaters.  But besides that, how did you guys like this chapter?  I would really like some feedback.  Thanks for reading. 

 

~Angelflyer