Chapter 11: Worried?

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

When I finally got home, after hours of being in the cold and in a hospital, I dropped my backpack onto the ground beside my little couch and flopped down onto my bed.  Today was such a tiring day, but I was glad that nothing serious happened. 

I closed my eyes and seconds later I heard Hina's voice.  The worried tone in her voice that I heard when she had first come into the waiting room made my heart warm.  She was a special girl, always caring for others before herself.  A petite, introvert that stutters a lot.  I forced myself to stop smiling when I pictured her and felt the corners of my lips curling upwards and sat up and opened my eyes. 

As I continued to think back to the moments at the hospital, without closing my eyes this time, I remembered her asking about my parents.  I felt bad that I didn't answer her and gave her a slight glare, but I didn't feel comfortable talking about them. 

Before I went to sleep, I forced myself to get up from my bed and shower.  Then I ate something small and fell into a deep sleep on my nice, comfortable bed with my nice, warm covers and blankets. 

The next day when I arrived at school, I spotted my eleven other friends and quickly walked over to them.  We greeted one another and continued with a conversation they were having before I had gotten there. 

I was going to add a comment in, but was interrupted by Minhee.  She grabbed my arm and made me turn to look at her. 

"What?" I asked confused by her worried look. 

"Sehun-ah," she called my name. 

"Bao-bei, what happened?" Luhan asked with a concerned look. 

"Do you know where Hina is?" she asked.  "I haven't gotten a text or call from her at all, and the last time I spoke to her was yesterday before you guys got on the bus." 

"Oh...  I'm not sure," I told her honestly.  I really did not know where Hina was. 

Then I remembered what the nurse had told her family yesterday night.  She had a concussion, so maybe she had stayed home for today. 

"Actually," I began, "she might be resting at home." 

"Huh?  Why?  Hina's never sick," Minhee said. 

"Well, yesterday our bus tipped over." 

"What?!  So it was you two?" asked Joonmyeon.  I looked at him, confused.  "There's been a rumor going around that two of our students were in a bus accident yesterday." 

"Oh..." 

"Are you guys okay?" Luhan asked, scanning me.  The rest of the guys were staring at me as well. 

"Yeah... I'm fine, but Hina- she kinda got a concussion."  Thinking about Hina and her concussion, I felt bad and I hoped that she was feeling better. 

"I thought that it wasn't a bad accident, though," Yixing said. 

"It wasn't.  I think when she was hit with a rock was when she first got the concussion, and I guess the accident just added more pain." 

"What do you mean she was hit by a rock?" Minhee asked. 

"Ah, was it that one night when we went out and got the alcho-" Tao was saying until he was cut off by Jongin slapping his hand over his mouth and glaring at him. 

Then Jongin finished for him, "That night when you called us to help you catch that one guy, right?" 

"Yeah," I replied, ignoring what Tao had tried to say before. 

There was a silent pause as a couple of the hyungs stared suspiciously at Jongin, Zitao, and I, but the rest of them were waiting for me to continue talking.  The bell rang disrupting our conversation, though, and we all went into the building and then our own separate ways. 

As I was sitting in class, I couldn't help but wonder about Hina.  She had gotten hurt and it was partially my fault.  I should've ran after the guy and taught him a lesson, and as for the additional concussion from the bus, I could've held her tighter so that she wouldn't have hit her head. 

I sighed inaudibly, but I guess Jongin noticed and nudged me with his elbow.  I snuck a peak at him and mouthed "What do you want?" 

"Who are you thinking about?" he mouthed back and slightly smirked. 

I rolled my eyes as a response and ignored him the rest of the class period. 

 

Your POV

It was almost noon when I woke up from my nap.  I sat up and stretched while reaching for my phone on the bedside desk.  While rubbing my eye, I looked at all the notifications and texts I had.  Most of them were from my parents, but there were some from Luhan and Minhee. 

Minhee texted me messages of worry and I felt bad that I didn't tell her last night or earlier when I first had woken up.  They should be having lunch right now, so I decided to call her. 

"Hina!  Are you okay?" Minhee asked right away. 

I chuckled.  "Yes, I'm fine.  I'm sorry I didn't call you.  I forgot." 

"No, it's fine, I'm just glad you're okay.  Sehun told me about your concussion." 

"Oh, really?"  To be honest, I really didn't think that Sehun had heard about my results.  I thought that he was focused on leaving that he didn't listen. 

"Yeah, he seemed a bit worried about you.  Are you two a couple or something?" 

"What?!  NO!  What are you talking about??  You're just crazy.  We are nothing... there's nothing going on between us now and never has there ever been." 

She laughed.  "But that doesn't mean that you guys won't be something in the future," she sang. 

"Minhee!  Did you just call to tease me and give me a bigger headache?" 

"Oh, that's right...  Did you want me to come over?" 

"No, it's okay.  I should be fine." 

"But-" 

"No, it's really okay.  My mom should be home early, I think." 

"Alright, if you say so..." 

"Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow, maybe." 

"Kay, bye." 

"Bye." 

 

 


Hello everyone!  How'd you like this chapter?  Sehun was being such a worry-wart here XD but it's cute, right?  Anyways, do you guys think of this story so far?  Good?  Bad?  Slow-paced?  Fast-paced?  Tell me below!  (btw I always reply back ;)) 

 

~Angelflyer