Chapter 36: Over the Phone

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

Usually on a weekend you would most likely sleep in, right?  Well, I guess Luhan had something else in mind because he came knocking at my door at 9 in the morning sharp. 

I groaned as I pushed my covers away and threw my legs over the edge of the bed.  Then I got up and walked over to the front door and looked through the peep hole.  I opened the door, seeing that it was only Luhan, and turned around and went back to my warm, comfy bed. 

I heard him come in and close the door behind him, then he followed me into the apartment.  While I immediately hopped back into bed, Luhan sat down on my little sofa and went on his phone.  Since he came knocking at my door so early, I couldn't go back to sleep. 

"What do you want?  Why do you come here and just go on your phone?" I mumbled. 

"I wanted to come talk with you.  Why else would I be here?" he replied in a 'duh' kind of way. 

"Why did you have to come so early?" 

"Early bird gets the worm," Luhan quoted, not looking up from his phone. 

"Don't you have something to do with your girlfriend today?" 

"No... unless you made plans with Hina.  Then maybe we'll come stalk you two on your first date." 

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble, hyung, but things didn't really go so smoothly."  I slowly sat up and faced him. 

"Really?"  This time he looked up from his phone and raised his eye brow at me.  "Why?  What happened?" 

"Her mom forced her to go home with her, so I didn't get a chance to say anything." 

Luhan suddenly got up came to sit on my bed.  He looked at me closely with a slight worried and confused face.  I stared at him, curiously, wondering what he was doing. 

He cleared his throat and asked, "Something else happened...  That's why your cheek is swollen, right?" 

My eyes grew wide and I turned my face to the side so that he couldn't see it as well anymore.  I held my fingers up and gently it before trying to explain. 

"N-no...  I mean...  It's not a big deal," I told him. 

He paused for a second.  "You know," he began, "you can always fight off some gangsters and other guys who want to pick a fight, but you can't even protect yourself from getting smacked." 

I looked at him and shrugged. 

He rolled his eyes at me and slightly chuckled.  "Okay, so tell me.  What happened?" 

"I don't know..." I said.  "I don't think Hina's mom liked me from the beginning." 

"Yeah... Hina told me something sort of like that before.  Go on." 

"And she kind of was being rough with Hina and tried to force her into the car.  She said a whole bunch of stuff like me being a bad influence or something, but then I tried reaching out to pull Hina away since her grip looked really tight.  Before I got the chance, though, she smacked me out of no where.  I was shocked for a bit and that's why I didn't get to say anything to her." 

Luhan's face was serious and thought for a minute before saying anything.  "Have you talked to Hina about it?" 

"Yeah, we talked over the phone last night." 

"And?" 

"She just kept apologizing." 

"Oh." 

"But, it's fine.  I don't want to worry about it right now." 

Luhan gave me an unsure look, but nodded and patted my forearm.  "Okay.  Well, how about we go out and get some bubble tea?" 

"With this swollen cheek?" I asked and pointed at myself. 

"It's actually not that bad." 

I pouted as I stared up to him.  "Ah, quit pouting, baby boy.  You look as handsome as ever, so don't worry." 

"Fine.  I'll go get ready then." 

I pushed myself out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready.  When I came out, I grabbed some clothes and went to change.  Then, once I was ready, we went out for some boba. 

 

Your POV

I stressed over and thought about what had happened yesterday so much that I didn't get a lot of sleep.  I was still worried that Sehun would think so bad of me. 

When I finally decided to get out of bed, it was about 11 o'clock, I went downstairs to find something to eat.  I hoped that my mom was out of the house or something, but just to my luck she didn't seem to have to work this weekend and was sitting at the breakfast bar, sipping some tea and looking at something on her tablet. 

I groaned internally.  I did not want to go anywhere near her because of the way she acted, but trying to avoid her then seemed impossible.  As I walked into the kitchen, without even looking at her, I heard my name being called.  Trying to play it off and pretend that I didn't hear her calling for me would seem stupid because she was right behind me. 

Sighing, I turned around and finally looked at her.  She tried to keep an innocent look on and put her tablet down on the counter.  She got up from where she was sitting and came around the breakfast bar to the kitchen where I was. 

"Um..." she began, "Good morning." 

I wanted to roll my eyes.  She was pretending that nothing had happened yesterday and that pissed me off even more.  I tried my best not to show an attitude, but I think it still kind of showed anyways. 

"Morning," I muttered and pulled out a cereal box. 

"How was school yesterday?" she asked. 

"Fine," I answered. 

"Why were you coming home so late?" 

"Tests." 

"Are you okay, sweetie?" 

I poured the milk into my bowl of cereal and twisted the cap back on.  "Yes," I replied as I placed the jug of milk back into the refrigerator. 

Then, thankfully, my dad came walking into the kitchen.  He greeted me goodmorning then looked between the two of us.  I didn't want to be questioned, so I quickly took my bowl of cereal and rushed to the table to eat in peace. 

"I have to meet a client soon...  I'll go get ready," I heard my mom say and her footsteps slowly go away. 

My dad came into the room and sat down.  I was expecting him to say something, but he said nothing.  He just pulled open the newspaper sitting in the middle of the table and read through it. 

After I finished eating, I looked up to my dad.  He still hadn't said a word and was still looking at the newspaper.  I thought for a second and decided to speak up. 

"Hey, could you talk to mom again?" I asked. 

He looked up from the paper and at me.  "About what?" 

"Sehun..." 

"Hmm?"  He paused for a second and nodded his head.  "Okay." 

"Thanks." 

He smiled and nodded at me before asking, "What happened this time?" 

"She..." I sighed, "She came out yesterday and saw me with Sehun." 

"Did she say something to you?" 

"Well, more than that... she smacked him for no reason." 

"What?" he asked in disbelief. 

"I'm surprised that he doesn't hate me right now...  I talked to him last night and he said that it was fine." 

"I'll talk to your mom when she gets back tonight." 

"Sehun's not a bad guy..." I almost whispered. 

"I know," he told me sweetly.  "Don't worry about what you're mom is saying, okay?  I'll talk to her." 

"Okay..."  I nodded my head. 

 

 


Hey guys!  Long time no see, right?  How have you guys been?  I'm sorry for the long wait... And I hope this chapter is okay...  I also didn't know what to title this chapter so it's pretty lame hahaha XP  (Though if you guys have any ideas for the chapter title then I just might use it!)  Oh, and thank you for all your guys' comments.  I really appreciate it :) 

 

~Angelflyer