Chapter 3: Again

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

Once school ended and the last bell rang, I packed up my stuff and glanced over to Minhee.  She had already gotten up from her seat and walked to Luhan's desk.  When I noticed that they were having their usual little couple moment, I decided to just wait for her at the front of the school. 

Even before I got out of the classroom, someone bumped into me causing me to bounce back a bit.  Usually people would want to get out of the classroom at the end of the day and not go back into it. 

I looked up to the person and realized that it was Sehun, and he was looking down at me with a blank expression.  He stood there a minute before muttering a short "sorry" to me.  Then he stepped to the side and was about to walk around me. 

"S-Sehun-sshi," I quietly called. 

Surprisingly Sehun turned around when I called his name.  Honestly I thought that he wouldn't have heard me since I said his name so softly. 

"U-Uhh..." I stuttered.  Actually I don't even know why I called his name.  I mean I wanted to thank him of course and all, but as of right now I couldn't think of anything to say and nothing could come out of my mouth anyways.  Then I forced myself to blurt a thanks out.  "Thank you... f-for this morning." 

"It's nothing," he replied and stared at me a moment. 

I nodded, then turned around to face the door and quickly walked out of the room to avoid any awkwardness that was to come. 

For some reason, I didn't feel somewhat satisfied.  I don't know what I was expecting, but it seemed a bit short and cut off when he just replied with those two words.  I quickly let the thought and feeling go as I walked off to the front of the school. 

 

Sehun's POV

I had heard a sweet, soft voice call my name when I entered Luhan hyung's classroom.  I turned and faced Hina.  She looked extremely nervous and somewhat surprised when I turned around. 

I waited for her to say something else, but it took almost a minute for her to speak up again.  It was only a simple thanks, but it looked like it took a lot of courage for her to actually say it. 

"It's nothing," I replied to her.  Then she nodded and left the classroom. 

It was really no big deal to me at all.  I hate people like that man anyways.  So erted, rude, and annoying.  Plus, once I saw that it was Hina, something inside me told me that I should do something. 

After Hina left, I walked over to Luhan and Minhee.  "Hey," I greeted them. 

"Oh, hi Sehun-ah," Minhee said with a smile. 

"Hina just left." 

"Really?"  She looked passed me and slightly frowned.  "I told that girl to wait for me.  Well, I better go.  I'll see you guys later."  She pecked Luhan's lips and waved goodbye to me as she ran out to catch up with Hina. 

"So, what's up?" Luhan asked as he bent down to grab his backpack. 

"Nothing," I answered. 

"What happened with the guy this morning?" 

"I just told him to leave." 

"Did you really?" 

"Yes, hyung.  You don't have to worry." 

"I know, it's just-" 

"I'm okay, everything's okay." 

"Fine, whatever you say.  Let's go get some bubble tea before we go to Minseok's house." 

I gave him a small grin and nodded. 

The next day, I got up and dragged myself to the bathroom to wash up and get ready.  After putting on my uniform, I went out and waited for the bus. 

When I first moved into this apartment studio, Luhan, Yixing, Joonmyeon, and Jongin have been giving me rides to school, but recently, well literally yesterday, I've been riding the bus. 

As soon as I got on the bus, I scanned the narrow space for the man.  I didn't spot him anywhere, so I kind of let out a sigh of relief.  But as I walked down the aisle of the bus, people stared at me and tried to avoid eye contact.  I was used to it already.  People were scared of me and that was that. 

The bus stopped at where Hina should've gotten on, but there was no sign of her.  She probably got a ride to school today. 

For a second I stopped thinking.  Then I wondered why I was thinking about Hina and everything related to what happened yesterday.  What was so interesting about her that made me keep thinking about her? 

I closed my eyes and cleared my mind.  I told myself that I was just thinking too much.  Luckily the bus came to a stop in front of the school and I got off trying to keep my mind off of unnecessary things. 

"Sehun!" I heard Zitao call me. 

I turned my head to the side and saw Zitao and Kris walking up to me.  I greeted them and walked into the school with the two. 

"Where were you yesterday. Zitao?" I asked. 

"Wushu practice.  It was a last minute thing just because competitions are coming up soon," he replied.  "I thought I told Kris to tell you guys." 

"Oh, oops... that's what I forgot," Kris said nonchalantly. 

"Yifan!  You can't just forget everything and anything." 

I chuckled lightly.  It was always entertaining with Zitao and Kris hyung, well actually all of my eleven other friends.  We always had a great time together, though sometimes there were stupid moments, but even still, it was nice having them. 

The last bell of the day rang and everyone got up from their seats.  I grabbed my bag and headed out of the classroom along with the wave of students. 

Today Luhan hyung was out with Minhee, so he was busy.  The rest of my friends were probably busy doing their own stuff too, so I didn't even bother with asking any of them. 

I decided that I should just go home.  As I was walking out of the school and towards the school gates, I heard some man yelling.  It was very familiar, then it hit me. 

I turned my head slightly and saw the man pushing around a petite girl, which was Hina.  Cautiously I walked over to the two.  Many students were walking past them quickly because the man was barking at them to leave, so even if they did want to help, I could see why the hesitated.  

"Just come with me, would you?!" the man screamed and grabbed hold of Hina's arm.  My pace picked up a little and I reached out to remove his hand from her.  

"Huh?  What are you doing here?" he asked and glared at me in anger.  

"In case you haven't noticed, I go to school here," I replied.  

"What?  A rude, gangster, delinquent going to school at the finest school in town?  That's a surprise."  

"Weren't you supposed to never come back?"  

"I don't take orders from a kid like you."  

I just stared back at him.  He had a cocky smirk on and crossed his arms.  I slowly inched forward so that I could stand in front of Hina, just in case he had something up his sleeves.  

"If you're done talking, let me and the girl go now," he said after a while.  

"Who said I was done?" I asked.  

"You know... you're really starting to get on my nerves, kid," he said and frowned.  "And that's why I decided to bring my friend today."  

As soon as he said that, a muscular man came from around the corner of the gates.  He was about my height, bald, and looked around the same age as the man standing before me.  

"You knew you couldn't beat me by yourself so you brought help today?" I questioned.  

Instead of answering me he just scoffed and motioned for his "bodyguard" to grab me.  I backed away and continued to keep Hina behind me as the guy came walking toward us.  

I turned my head to look at her.  She was frightened, I could tell.  Quickly I whispered for her to run.  She gave me a worried look before slightly nodding her head and bolting out of school grounds.  

The man growled and ran after her while his body guard stayed in front of me.  I let out a soft sigh and stopped moving backwards.  He reached out and tried to grab my arm, but I dodged him and got behind him to kick him behind the knee.  Then I pushed him into the snowy ground.  But right as I was going to step over him and run after Hina, he grabbed my ankle causing me to trip and fall as well.  

I continuously kicked his hand with my other foot to get free.  He had a strong grip for sure because it took a while to actually get back to my feet.  He got up around the same time I did and was able to punch me in the gut.  Man, he was strong.  I had to take a breather for a second, then I took a swing at his face and knocked him back down in one blow.  Quickly, before he got back up, I ran after the two.  

 

Your POV  

Sehun told me to run, so I did.  Instead of running to my house, I ran around the school to a near by park.  As I ran, I looked back and saw the man chasing after me, and that's exactly why I didn't run towards my house.  

I didn't stop running.  I was afraid that when he caught me it'd be too late and Sehun wouldn't come and find me, so I hoped that he would be done dealing with that other guy so that he could come and help me.  

I have to admit, I never was the strongest girl in school.  I couldn't do any strength workouts well during gym class, but I was quite the runner.  I was totally confident in running, but not anything to do with muscular strength.  

Luckily, after running around for a bit, with the man still chasing after me, Sehun finally showed up.  The bad part about it though was that I was getting tired and the man was slowly catching up to me.  

To get to Sehun, I had to cut through the long field of snow if I wanted to to take the short way, otherwise I would be running all the way around the park. The snow would probably freeze my legs up and slow me down, but it would do the same to the man behind me.  At this point I really didn't care and decided to run through all the snow to get away from the man.  

Finally, I made it to the other side to where Sehun was.  He grabbed my hand and helped me out of the ankle deep snow.  The man, who was only a couple of feet behind me, also jumped out of the snow and walked towards the two of us.  

Sehun stepped in front of me again.  "Are you done yet?" Sehun asked.  

The man shook his head.  "Not until she comes with me."  

"Just give up already."  

"Why should I?"  

"It's useless.  Unless you just really want to get beaten."  

"Stop with the threats, kid."  

"If you really don't remember yesterday, would you want me to remind you?"  

He growled and threw a punch at Sehun.  It was useless though, just like Sehun had just said, because Sehun stopped the punch by grabbing his hand, then he twisted it.  The man screamed when he did and pulled his hand back.  

Then Sehun turned around and faced me.  "Are you okay?" he asked.  

I nodded.  "Yeah," I replied quietly.  

"Let's go."  He then started walking towards me and gently tugged on my blazer sleeve to get me going.  

To be honest, my feet were cold, soaking, and I couldn't feel it at all, but I didn't want to say anything.  I was already saved by Sehun twice, so I didn't want to bother him with my little complaint.  

One thing I noticed, though, as we were walking together, he kept placing his hand in his upper stomach area and winced as though it was hurting.  I was going to ask him if he was alright, but my words got stuck in my throat and nothing came out.  I decided to just stay quiet.  

 

 

 



Hello everyone!  Sehun's quite the guy, right?  Hahah :)  What do you guys think about him, hmm?  What do you guys think will happen next?  How do you guys like it so far? 

Anyways, besides the story, how was your guys' Valentines day?  Did you spend it with your loved ones?  Or were some of you guys like me and spent most of the day in your room on the internet or whatever?  Hahah... but I enjoy writing and putting up chapters a little more than going out with someone anyways CX  I hope you had a great day. 

 

~Angelflyer