Chapter 21: Different

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

As I exited the school, I looked back and saw how fidgety Hina became while she followed.  We crossed the street and waited for the bus at the bus stop.  The bus seemed to be running a bit late today, and when I looked over to Hina, she seemed to be shivering. 

"Are you cold?" I asked. 

She turned her head and looked up at me.  "J-Just a bit... but I'm fine, really," she replied. 

"Here," I said and wrapped my coat around her shoulders, ignoring her excuses. 

"Thank you," she thanked quietly. 

About five minutes later the bus was seen around the corner.  It came down the street and pulled over to the side to pick us up along with a couple of other people and or students. 

I got on first, with Hina right behind, and noticed how many people just were on the bus already.  There were no more seats to sit in and a couple of people were standing around.  I guess it was a Friday after all and everyone just wanted to go home instead of stay late at work or school. 

Hina and I squeezed somewhat in the middle of the bus and stood behind some people.  Even if we were squished enough, someone was pushed into Hina, causing her to almost fall backwards, but thankfully she stood in front of me and I caught her before she fell. 

"Are you okay?" I asked and helped her stand back on her feet. 

"Y-Yeah, thanks," she replied and looked away from me. 

"You can come this way more before you get pushed again." 

"But then you'll be in the corner." 

"I'll be fine." 

"O-Okay..." 

She barely even took a small step closer to me.  I just looked at her and pulled her by the waist to make her actually move closer to me.  Her eyes widened when I touched her and she looked shocked.  As soon as I let go and felt our bodies right up against each others I felt her shaking. 

"Hmm?  Are you still cold?" I asked. 

"No... ummm, I'm fine," she answered and looked away again. 

This time I kind of craned my neck to take a peak at her face.  She was blushing, and madly at that.  It was cute, and I could help but crack a small smile. 

"Tsk, why do you always look away from me?" 

"Huh?" she asked and turned back.  "I-I don't...." 

"Yes, you do.  You've already turned away from me twice since we got on the bus." 

"It's just... it's nothing..."  Instead of looking in a different direction, she looked down. 

"Heh, you're... different." 

"Different?" 

"Yeah." 

 

Your POV

He said I was different.  I wondered if he meant it in a good way or something else.  I turned my head and looked up at him.  He had a small smile on again. 

I stopped shaking and being nervous for a minute just because of his one simple, small smile.  It made me warm up and feel tingly again.  Time felt as if it had just stopped around us.  He was in slow motion while everything in the world had paused. 

Soon I was knocked into reality when someone shoved me into Sehun.  My face was buried in his chest.  When I noticed that, I quickly pushed myself off of him and tried to act normally. 

"Ummm, I'm s-sorry," I apologized nervously. 

"Don't apologize, it's fine," Sehun said. 

I nodded my head.  In silence, we waited for our stops to come by.  And when finally my stop was nearing, I turned to face Sehun. 

"Bye," I said simply. 

"See you next week," he replied and watched as I squeezed through the crowd to get to the door. 

Once I got off the bus and began walking, I realized that I was still wearing Sehun's coat over my shoulders.  The bus took off already and was probably almost a block away.  I thought for a moment and decided when I see him first thing on Monday I'll give it back to him.  Then I grabbed onto the sides and tried to wrap it around me even more while shyly smiling. 

When I got home, no one was home, I quickly ran upstairs to my room and dropped my backpack onto my floor and took off Sehun's coat, my blazer, and scarf before flopping onto my bed and imagining that smile from Sehun over and over again. 

My phone ringing is what scared me awake.  I sat up and pulled my phone out from my backpack.  The caller ID showed Minhee's name. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Hey, are you doing anything tomorrow?" Minhee asked right away. 

"No, I don't think so.  Why?" 

"Come hangout with us.  I wanted to get to know Jahee more, you know?  She's another one of us girls now."  

"Minhee-" 

"All the guys are going to be there, too." 

"Oh...." 

"Including Sehun."  I could hear the tease in her voice. 

"Minhee, I'm not even friends with any of them." 

"Luhan is going to be there." 

"Well, besides him.  Other than Luhan I don't know any of them personally and they don't know me.  All I've ever done is sit with them at their table for lunch." 

"That's why we're going out to get to know one another better.  You won't become closer to them if you don't come and hang out with them.  I promise you that they're good people even though some may seem cold on the outside like Sehun." 

"... I don't know." 

"I'll come by to pick you up around eleven in the morning, alright?" 

"But, Minhee-" 

"It'll be fine.  I promise you'll enjoy yourself and have a great time." 

"Fine... but only for a little while." 

"Deal.  See you at eleven." 

"Kay, bye." 

After I hung up with Minhee, I heard my dad come home.  I changed into more comfortable clothes before running down to greet him. 

"Hi, dad," I said. 

"Hey, sweetie.  How was school today?" he asked and set his car keys down. 

"It was good," I replied while watching him walk over to the closet to put his jacket away.  "How was work?" 

"Oh, same old, same old.  I had some new employees that I had to train, but other than that everything went as smoothly as every other day." 

"That's good."  I paused and went to sit at the breakfast bar while my dad went into the kitchen to start making dinner.  "What are you making for dinner?" 

"Curry.  You want to help?" 

"Sure."  I hoped down from the bar stool and went around into the kitchen to help cook.  "Hey, dad, I overheard mom talking about it again..." 

"O-Oh... don't mind it, okay?  She was just worried that you don't have that many friends, but I told her that you have Minhee." 

"Can you really tell me what she said?" 

He sighed.  "She really was worried that you didn't have many friends because of what had happened.  She was afraid that since that incident you became an introvert that doesn't talk with others." 

"Oh."  She wasn't wrong I guess.  After getting slapped, I was terrified, but it also made my cheek swell and look slightly bruised.  I went to school and kids started spreading rumors and laughing at me because of it.  Some people stopped talking to me, others didn't, like Minhee. 

"Sweetie, don't mind it, alright?  I've talked to your mother already.  Did you want me to talk to her again?" 

"No, it's okay.  I'm fine."  I looked at my dad who had just finished cutting up the vegetables.  "It's starting to boil," I told him. 

"Okay, turn the heat down." 

I did as he said and waited for him to tell me to do something else before setting the table and sitting down. 

 

 


Hey!  More progression!  Hahah, how do you guys like it so far?  Are you guys okay with the background story of both Sehun and Hina?  I know it's kind of just extra, but I wanted to give my characters more I guess, like fluff, you know?  Have like a real story behind them.  Have a past and a future as I write. 

 

~Angelflyer