Chapter 1: Bus Ride

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

The sun still hadn't risen when I woke up.  For sure winter was still here.  I jumped out of bed and went to wash up and get ready for the day.  Winter break had ended last week and we were back into the daily routine of going to school. 

I put my white button up on, along with my black blazer.  Then I pulled up my tights and black skirt.  After getting dressed, I went downstairs to grab something to eat. 

"Hi mom, hi dad," I greeted my parents. 

"Hi, sweetie," my mom replied. 

"Here you go," my dad said and handed me a plate of pancakes with syrup. 

"Thanks, dad." 

He smiled at me and waved me to go sit down and eat, so I placed my plate down on the table and sat down.  My mom, who finished washing the dishes came to sit next to me and opened up her tablet. 

I looked at her.  She was wearing a nice blouse with a tight pencil skirt.  "Are you going to meet a client today?" I asked. 

"Yup.  Oh, that reminds me, did you want me to drop you off?  I have to go that way anyways," she replied. 

"No, I'm okay.  I'm going to meet Minhee and Luhan at the bus stop today." 

"Okay.  Well, remember to bring your keys, your father has to work late tonight." 

"Oh.  Why are you working so late, dad?" I asked. 

"We're going to be busy tonight.  So many people called in for reservations yesterday," he replied. 

"Ah, okay then." 

I peaked at my watch and realized that it was almost time for me to leave.  I quickly finished and went back up to my room to grab my backpack before saying goodbye to my parents and heading out the door.  

When I got outside, I was greeted by the cold air that made me shiver.  A small frown formed as I tried to pull my winter jacket together and fix my scarf, but was soon turned into a smile when I saw that the sun was finally rising.  Then I was finally on my way to the bus stop.  

Usually I would walk to school since it was only about a 15 to 20 minute walk there, but ever since winter arrived, I've been taking the bus to keep warm.  Plus it's a slightly faster way to get to school, I guess.  But sometimes, since it is winter afterall, it gets kind of crowded because so many people want to ride the bus for transportation.  

I stood at the shelter and patiently waited for my two friends to show up.  I checked my watch for the time and noticed that it was getting closer to when the bus should show up.  From the corner of my eye, I saw the bus stopping at a far corner about three blocks down.  That's when Minhee decided to call me.  

"Hey, where are you?" I asked right away.  

"Well, I woke up late, so Luhan and I are just going to drive to school today.  I'm so sorry," she replied.  

"It's okay.  I'll just see you at school."  

"Okay then.  See you soon."  

After I hung up with Minhee the bus came and let me on.  I paid my fee and squeezed into the tightly packed bus.  I made my way to one of the side exits just so that it'd be easier to get out once we got to the school's stop.  

I held on tightly to the metal bar and watched outside the window as the scenery changed ever so often.  But I was soon disturbed as I felt someone getting closer to me.  I pressed myself against the bar thinking that someone was just trying to get through, but I was wrong.  The person pretended to stumble and grabbed onto my shoulder and waist.  I turned and looked at the guy.  He was about a thirty year old man.  

Silently I moved away from him and tried to forget about what just happened, but then the man wrapped his arms around me.  I gasped and struggled to get out of his grip.  I have never been touched this way by a stranger, so I kind of panicked a bit.  

"L-let go," I said.  

People around us were starting to stare, and I hoped that someone would help me.  No one moved from their original spots sadly, so I continued to struggle.  Then suddenly I didn't feel the man's arms around me anymore.  

"What the hell?" the man's voice yelled.  

I turned and saw Oh Sehun, the new and scary transfer student, standing behind me with a blank expression staring down at the man.  The man got up right away and straightened out his clothes.  "Do you have no respect?" the man asked, pointing at Sehun. 

To be honest if I were the man I wouldn't be yelling at the Oh Sehun.  I've heard many rumors about this guy.  One that I've heard is that whenever he gets into a fight, he always wins, so I wouldn't want to mess with him. 

Sehun said nothing, but continued to stare at the man.  I glanced at the man and saw the furiousness raging in his eyes.  I then looked over to Sehun.  His blank expression still stayed on his face, but I could see the slight annoyance in his eyes.  Really, all in all he was quite intimidating.  

The man kept saying a whole bunch of stuff and screaming random things, but Sehun stood his ground and didn't say a thing.  Then the bus stopped and caused me to lose my balance.  But before I could fall, someone grabbed my shoulder and helped me keep stable.  My eyes followed the arm up and realized that it was Sehun holding onto me.  

I was going to thank him, but the doors opened and Sehun gently pushed me towards the door.  We got off, but weren't the only two.  The man followed us out and pushed Sehun.  Really all this time I was flustered and had no idea what was happening or what I should do.  

But before I knew it the man continued yelling and poking at Sehun, who I realized was a lot taller than the man.  

"Are you done, yet?" asked Sehun, the first words I've ever heard him speak throughout this whole time.  

"Hmm, so you do speak," the man said.  

"Of course I do.  Now, I think you should leave and stop disrupting us students."  

"You don't tell me what to do, boy.  I don't care if you're a rich upperclassman or what; you have no respect at all."  

Sehun just blinked, then looked down at me.  I was surprised that he suddenly looked at me and got nervous and began to fidget.  "Go into the school," he said simply.  

I slowly nodded my head and took a step towards the school, but was stopped by the man.  He had grabbed my arm and harshly pulled on me.  "You're not going anywhere."  

"Let her go," Sehun commanded in a stern voice. 

"I told you I don't listen to kids like you," the man told Sehun.  Then he looked at me.  "Why don't you just skip school today?  Let's get to kno-"  

Before I knew it the man was on the ground holding onto his nose and Sehun had a fist up.  He punched him.  It was so quick that I didn't even see it, so it startled me.  

"You're going to get out of here now, right?" Sehun questioned the man.  

He got up and tried throwing a punch at Sehun without answering him.  Sehun dodged him and pulled his arm around his back.  And then the man yelled in pain. 

Again, just like on the bus, people were starting to stare.  I nervously looked around as Sehun still held onto the guy's arm.  "Let go!" the man commanded. 

"You're going to get out of here now, right?"

"Yes!  Yes, I will!  Just let go!" 

Sehun let go and pushed him forward.  The man tumbled onto the ground and held onto his arm that was twisted behind his back.  I turned my head and looked up to Sehun who blankly stared down at the man then made eye contact with me. 

"Hey!  Sehun-ah!" we heard a voice call. 

I broke the eye contact first and turned to look where the voice had come from.  It was Luhan.  Him and Minhee were across the street trying to make it over to us.  While they did that, I turned and glanced over at the man.  He had gotten up from before and was about to swing a punch at the back of Sehun's head. 

 

Sehun's POV

I was looking in the direction of Luhan and his girlfriend, Minhee, glad that they were coming over here, but from the corner of my eye I saw Hina turn her head and look in the direction of the guy that was trying to her and her expression change.  I quickly glanced back to the man and saw what he was trying to do, and I also realized that Hina was about to try and push me out of the way at the same time. 

Quickly, I grabbed onto her and twisted and moved out of the way before either of us got impacted by the punch.  Thankfully neither of us got hurt, but I did kind of trip and ended up in the snow. 

"A-are you okay?" Hina asked.  She had fallen on her knees because of me, but didn't land in the snow like I did. 

I nodded.  Then I looked up at the guy.  He was standing behind Hina and looked down at us two angrily, but was soon pushed out of the way when Luhan came.  He helped Hina up first then put his hand out for me to grab. 

"What's going on?" Luhan asked and turned around to face the guy. 

Neither of us spoke, but the man decided to speak up for us instead.  "I'll tell you," the man said and made all of us look at him.  "This boy pushed me down on the bus!  Your classmate is disrespectful!  Tell you're teachers to do a better job at teaching!" 

"Excuse me, sir, but he is my cousin and if you have not noticed yet, this school that we're attending is one of the best in the district.  So please, if you have anything else to say think wisely and make sure you know what you're talking about," Luhan replied. 

The man scoffed and stared Luhan down.  "You're as bad as your friend there."  He snapped his head and looked up to me. 

"Stop, would you?!" Minhee exclaimed, glaring at the man. 

 

Your POV

"Whoa, little missy here has a temper.  Why can't you be like this one?  Patient and quiet."  Then, since I was still fairly close to him, he grabbed onto my shoulders and wrapped an arm around my waist tightly. 

I began to struggle to get out of his grip.  I looked up to him and tried to push him away, but he was quite the strong guy. 

"Hey!  Let go of my best friend!" Minhee shouted and helped me pry him away from me. 

When we were successfully out of the man's grip, Minhee held onto my arm not showing signs of letting me go any time soon.  Then the two boys stepped in front of us making sure that the man wouldn't do anything like that again. 

"Please, I think you should leave.  School is about to begin in a couple of minutes," Luhan said. 

"You think I care?"  The man laughed.  "I'm not leaving until you guys learn some respect." 

No one said anything and silence filled the air.  Then the warning bell rang and we heard students chatting and going into the school. 

"You guys should go," Sehun finally said. 

"Sehun-ah," Luhan said. 

"Hyung, just go.  Nothing's going to happen." 

Luhan stared at Sehun worriedly.  Then he whispered to him and turned to look at us.  "Let's go," he said. 

We began walking to the school while Sehun stood there facing the man.  I took one glance back at them before we entered the doors of the school and wondered what was going to happen when it was just the two of them. 

 

 


Hey guys!  How did you guys like this first chapter?  Tell me in the comments!  I will get the second chapter up as soon as possible!  Thanks for reading! :D

 

~Angelflyer