Chapter 4: Cold Feet

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

We ended up at the gates of the school.  Then Sehun turned towards me and gave me a blank expression, though it wasn't a scary one unlike the one he gave to the man yesterday.

"You can go home from here by yourself, right?" he asked in a monotone voice. 

Slowly I nodded my head.  He nodded back and picked up a backpack, his own I assumed, and began walking away.  Then I was left alone.  

After Sehun was out of sight, I snapped out of it and let go of a breath that I didn't even know I was holding in and began to walk home.  On my walk, I couldn't stop thinking about Sehun.  He was still a scary guy, but he just saved my life two days in a row.  Now I didn't know what to think.  I saw the good things in him, but I still couldn't get over the fact of how intimidating he was and looked.  

I only made it half way home, when I couldn't take it anymore and had to rest.  My feet were so cold and hurt so bad that I was starting to lose the feeling in them.  I kind of regret running through all that snow now because it seeped right though my thin shoes and made my socks all wet.  To make it all even better, the wind blew at me constantly and froze my soaking, wet feet.  

I leaned against a brick wall and tried to just take a minute before continuing on my way home.  When I felt okay to continue, I pushed myself off the wall and dragged my feet against the icy sidewalk. 

As I was struggling to walk, I heard someone call my name.  I turned my head and saw Minhee and Luhan running my way. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Minhee asked as I leaned against the wall once again. 

"Yeah," I replied.  "My feet are just a little cold." 

"Huh?  What did you do?"  She gently grabbed onto my arm and looked at me worriedly. 

"The guy... from yesterday kind of came back and waited for me outside of school." 

"Really?  Well, what happened?" Luhan asked. 

"He was planning to take me to his house, but luckily Sehun was there to help me... again," I told them. 

"Wait, that still doesn't explain how you're feet are cold," Minhee butted in. 

"Umm... the guy kind of brought a friend with him, so Sehun told me to run while he dealt with him.  And so I ran off to the near by park.  He followed me of course.  Then when Sehun showed up I went through the snow to get to him faster because I was getting tired and he was catching up to me.  I was terrified to be honest."  I looked at both of them and then to the ground. 

Silence followed after I had explained what had happened to them.  But then before I knew it, Luhan's things were being handed over to Minhee and he had turned his back to me. 

"What?" I asked and looked at the back of Luhan. 

He turned his head and gave me a nice smile.  "Get on.  We'll go warm up your feet at Minhee's." 

"I-I can-" 

"No, you get on Han's back right now," Minhee said sternly, but had her usual pout on which made me chuckle slightly. 

I hesitated for a second before hopping onto Luhan's back.  Then we headed over to Minhee's house. 

"Thanks," I thanked Luhan when he set me down on the couch. 

"No problem.  Minhee probably would've forced me to carry you somehow anyways," he replied with a grin. 

Then Minhee walked into the living room with his and Luhan's backpacks.  She put them down beside me and said, "Let me go get you a hot pack and a bucket of warm water.  Stay there." 

"Okay, okay," I replied. 

Minhee came back with what she said she'd come back with.  She handed me the hot pack, then set a large bowl full of warm water on the ground.  Carefully she took off my socks and placed each foot into the bowl. 

"Is it better now?" she asked. 

"Yeah, thanks," I replied. 

She stood up.  "It's no problem at all.  But you said that it was that guy, right?" 

"Uh, yeah..." 

"Don't you think that we should go and report him to the police?" 

"I-I don't know..." 

"What'll the police do?" Luhan asked.  "What can they do?  We don't know his name or if he's even from around here." 

"They can put him on a restraining order or something.  I just want him away from us," Minhee replied. 

Luhan sighed. 

"It's okay, guys.  Let's just let it be for now.  If he ever tries to touch me ever again then I'll go talk to the police.  I promise." 

They both looked at me and hesitantly nodded their heads. 

Once my feet were warmed up and not numb anymore, I looked at the time and realized that I had to go.  I got up and got ready, then left. 

 

Sehun's POV 

When I got home, I really started to feel that punch that I received earlier.  It actually felt more painful than I thought it would be, but I tried to ignore it the best I could. 

I decided to take a shower to relax and warm up after being out for so long.  When I took my shirt off and looked at myself in the mirror, I saw a small bruise starting to for in the place where I was punched.  That was probably why it hurt so much.  At least it wasn't too noticeable. 

As soon as I got out of the shower.  I made some ramen for myself then laid on my bed while watching t.v. 

Sitting there and watching t.v. in my small studio apartment made me realize that I needed to get a job some time soon.  My father's money won't last forever, and I don't plan on taking any money from my relatives ever. 

The sound of my phone ringing surprised me and disturbed my thoughts.  I sighed and wondered who would be calling me, but once I saw Luhan's name pop up on the screen I answered right away. 

"Hello?" I said. 

"Hey, Sehun-ah.  Are you okay?" 

"Yeah.  Why?" 

"That same man from yesterday came after Hina today, right?" 

"Uh, yeah, but I took care of it." 

"Okay.  Well, I was just wondering because we found Hina walking home with her feet cold and numb.  I wanted to make sure that you were alright." 

"Ah... yeah, I'm just fine." 

"Okay then.  I'll see you tomorrow.  Bye." 

"Bye." 

After we hung up I started wondering about Hina.  If her feet were numb and so cold, why didn't she tell me.  Now I felt responsible and guilty for allowing her to walk home in that state.  Luckily Luhan and Minhee found her I guess. 

I threw my phone beside me and got up to wash my bowl before climbing back into bed.  As I was laying down trying to sleep, I hoped that the guy would finally get the message and get stay away from Hina and the school. 

 

 


Hello everybody!  How are you guys?  Did you enjoy this chapter?  I was going to update yesterday, but I kind of got sick and didn't feel well to do anything really...  But anyways, more about Sehun and Hina/you...  a little dramatic isn't it?  I don't know... did you guys like reading it?  Was it okay?  I mean like I said it was a little dramatic and I don't know... I felt like it wasn't like the best I could've written.  Do you know what I mean? 

Okay enough talking now, hahah :D  I hope you guys liked it and I will try and update again as soon as possible.  Thank you! 

 

~Angelflyer