Chapter 34: Intriguing

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

During lunch, I noticed that Luhan, Minhee, and Hina were missing from the table.  I silently left the table to go up to their classroom after I had finished eating.  As I was walking through the hallway, I realized that I had ate very quickly because there was a good 15 to 20 minutes left before the bell rang. 

When I made it to their classroom, I found that they were sitting close to each other and talking.  I entered the classroom and walked over to their little group. 

"Hey," I said when I was standing beside Hina's desk. 

"Hi," Hina greeted me. 

"What are you doing here?" Luhan asked. 

"Uhh, I couldn't stand Jongin any longer.  He kept bugging me," I replied.  It wasn't really a false excuse.  Jongin still was bothering me about the secret, just not at lunch today. 

"Oh.  Well, sit down." 

I pulled a chair up and sat beside Luhan and Hina.  Minhee and Hina began talking about something else on their side while I turned to Luhan and told him about my new job. 

"That's great Sehunnie.  So, you already told aunty and uncle that you won't move in with them?" Luhan said. 

"No, I haven't told them yet, but I was thinking about calling them tonight," I told him. 

"Oh, okay.  Well, have you called your mom lately?" 

"No."  I avoided eye contact with him.  I don't know why all of a sudden he brought up my mother.  I haven't tried contacting her for a long time now and I've kind of given up a while ago.  My grandfather and grandmother have tried updating me on what's been happening, but they're busy themselves, so I don't want to bother them. 

"Well, I heard from Uncle Soohyun that she's gotten better and is at home resting." 

I looked up to Luhan to see if he was serious.  "Really?" I asked. 

He nodded.  "You should go visit her sometime." 

Before my mom was hospitalized and after my dad died, I treated her so badly.  I was a rebelious child and got into trouble often.  When I was home I argued with my mom a lot.  She always yelled and lectured me about me getting in trouble and telling me that I need to do good in school and whatnot.  At the time I was frustrated and depressed that my dad just passed like that.  My mom was probably worse then me because she had suddenly become a single parent, trying to raise a kid like me. 

She suddenly stopped caring about everything and herself after a while.  I guess she finally broke then.  When I started realizing her strange actions, I started yelling at her.  I tried to help her keep her life on track.  I pushed her to eat, to talk to someone, to go to work, to do something than just lay in bed or sit on the couch and stare into nothingness while tears ran down her cheeks.  It kind of scared me- for crying out loud I was only a kid. 

While she was in the hospital, I was left alone.  I went to school and came home to an empty apartment since we had moved from our house once my dad died.  I didn't eat much because I didn't know how to cook.  My family relatives either lived far away or were too busy to come over and care for me. 

Then the landlord came and told me that I needed to pay up or move out.  That was when I talked to my grandfather and asked him to let the apartment go and buy me a small studio closer to school.  He surprisingly agreed.  Around that time my mom was finally stable, but was still broken.  She wouldn't talk or eat, even if I got down on my knees and begged her. 

I began to get frustrated and gave up on talking to her.  The last time I saw her, her health started to take a downfall.  By that time I couldn't think and worry about her everyday because I had to start learning how to live on my own- to support myself and grow up.  I asked my grandparents to take care of her and decided to live my life.  Though, once in a long time I would call my grandparents and ask how my mom was doing. 

"Sehun?" Luhan asked and waved a hand in front of my face.  "Hey, are you okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied to him. 

"So are you going to visit your mom?" 

"I don't know..."  I was being honest.  I really didn't know if I wanted to go and see my mom.  I was still kind of angry at her.  She had decided that it was a lot better to just let her body rot instead of raising her own child. 

"You should.  Do you want me to go with you?" 

"I'll tell you when I've made my decision." 

"Okay... just give it a thought.  Alright?" 

I nodded my head and tried to change the subject. 

 

Your POV

"You guys are talking?" Minhee asked in a low voice, making sure the guys were busy talking about something else. 

"I-I guess," I replied. 

"You guess?  It's either a yes or no." 

"I don't know...  Don't tell me you still think he's wrong after all this." 

"Well, he shouldn't have rejected my best friend." 

"You do know that he's saved my life multiple times now.  He even saved Luhan's and yours." 

Minhee bit her bottom lip and then sighed.  She snuck a glance at her boyfriend and her boyfriend's cousin.  I knew that she was thinking that I was right about that.  I could tell that her demeanor towards him was going back to the way it used to be just then and I couldn't be more content. 

"He kept looking at me this morning," I told her. 

"In what way?" she asked. 

"It wasn't scary or anything.  It was more like... an intriguing way." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah.  I couldn't believe it."  I turned my head slightly and sneaked a peak at Sehun. 

 

 


Hi guys!  Things are starting to get better between the two :)  Oh, and how do you guys feel about Sehun's background?  I wanted to show you more of his life and how he was and how he had become kind of cold and all.  Hopefully everything makes sense, but if it doesn't, don't hesitate to comment below!  I'll be here to answer all your questions!  Hahah :D

 

~Angelflyer