Music

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan paced his dark room, staring around at nothing but the blackness around him. He occasionally slowed or paused long enough to raise his hand to lift a few of the glass orbs with his mind; only to shift them aside and to leave them hovering. Luhan felt a strang sensation throughout his body, or, at least his body as it was in this dream. All over it felt like a cross between a waking limb and a strong static shock. No matter how long he paced, the feeling continued to build. He unconciously rubbed his arms and bit his lip.

Wait . . .

Luhan stopped and gestured with both of his hands. 12 orbs began to circle around him, spinning individually as if he was a sun for the little glass planets to orbit. He pulled one towards him, followed by two more. Nine orbs gently lowered to the floor as three spun slowly above his right hand. One had darkened with tiny flashes of light peircing randonly throughout, like a tiny, aggressive thunder storm had grown inside of it. Another shone bright like a hand-held moon and the third darkened and tremored. Luhan tilted his head at them. This was new.

He closed his eyes and pushed out his thoughts: Kai.

 

A recording studio in Seoul, South Korea

He was working late, again. Do Kyunngsoo, or, as he was known to his fans as, D.O, glanced at the clock on his laptop and he set up the control panel in his modest studio room to record. On his right, the control panel curved into a flat surface he used as a desk with a small, black office chair. Behind him was a black coffee table and a black leather couch. A few days ago (he decided since he spent so much time at the studio), he bought a dorm-sized refridgerator. Not much was inside; mostly bottled water and a couple protein shakes for when he was too busy to go out for food.

Kyungsoo took another peek at the clock. It was already after ten.

"One more song tonight, then three more to work on tomorrow." He muttered to himself and grabbed a couple papers from his travel-sized printer.

Kyungsoo breezed into the recording booth that took up half the room and set the papers in front of him on a stand. He slipped on his black headphones and waited for the music to start.

"Girl, I can't explain how I feel." He began.

The recording equipment shut off.

But the music continued.

 

Forest outside of Busan, South Korea

It was late, but she was calling for him.

Byun Baekhyun walked through the woods, his flashlight off but resting in his pocket. He glanced up occasionally at the sky and looked for the point were the light pollution from the city would be the thinnest. The hlaf-full moon cast a silver light through the trees, giving everything a blue tone. Despite the cold of mid-fall, Baekhyun rolled up the sleaves of his light blue sweater. He looked down at his arms with amusement. It was like his skin gave a glow under the moonlight.

When he found a spot he was happy with, Baekhyun stopped. He hopped up on a fallen down tree and peered up at the sky through the trees that didn't yet surrender their leaves to the changing seasons. He smiled and began to hum a random song. Then music began to play around him.

Baekhyun began to hear a young, soulful voice singing.

My baby, baby, baby, ye-eah.

Before he could stop himself, Baekhyun began to sing. He had never heard this song before, didn't even know if it was a song. Yet, lyrics came to him like he had known the melody for years. He would stop and hear a reply in lyric before continuing a part. Then he voice began to sing along with hi

Please log in to read the full chapter