The Return of Madam Ombres

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter
    Changsha, China

Chen's feet touched the floor before he knew he had even teleported. His leg were unprepared and he fell onto his back. The air rushed out of his lungs and he rolled onto his side, wheezing. He heard startled voices around him. Were they caught? His vision was barely focused when he felt a hand lightly grab his shoulder.

"Easy, we're friends." A gentle voice spoke.

A white mist of light swirled around him. In seconds, he was able to breathe again and everything came into focus. Kneeling above him was a a young man with long, black bangs and a kind smile. Chen sat up slowly with his assistance and another face came into view. A face with doe eyes framed by honey-gold hair. It was the face that belonged to The Voice.

"You're . . . real?" He asked.

He smiled. "Yes, my name is Luhan. We finally get to meet."

"Where am I?"

"You're safe in Changsha."

"Um . . . guys?" Chen looked over to the one who cut in; a young man with messy black hair and Panda-like eyes . "Where's Kai?"

 

Vancouver, Canada

Kris knelt next to the unconcious boy next to him. He wrapped his long fingers around the dart in his neck and gently pulled it out. It resembled a cross between a syringe and a tranquilzer dart he had seen used on animals in nature shows.

Why was this used on a human? . . . Is he human?

Kris checked the boy's pulse; he was alive, only in what appeared to be a deep sleep. Something in his shirt collar caught Kris's eye; a small section of black cord. He pulled on it and a silver pendant popped out of the stranger's shirt. It looked like a triangle with an eye or a hurricane in its center. Kris turned it over in his fingers and found a word engraved in the back: Kai.

"So, I guess your name is Kai." He patted Kai's check and shook his shoulders. "Hey, Kai! Kai! Wake up!"

Kai didn't respond.

Kris tried again. "Kai, Kai, comon' wake up!"

Again, there was no response. Kris sat back on his heel and took a breath. I'm on a roof, alone and this guy just appeared out of nowhere. What am I suppose to do? He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

Please log in to read the full chapter