Eclipse Part I

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Shanghai, China

Kai knew he was being followed. The cars behind him were being far from inconspicuous, but kept a slow pace. He smirked and kept walking. If they were too agressive he could always run off and teleport. He had other things to worry about, anyway. Kai was close to the dorm where Xiumin was living.

What was he going to say to him? Hi, I'm a key to a goup of people from Exoplanet. I hear you have a power, would you like to come with me? Kai mentally rolled his eyes at this. Well, he had to find this Xiumin first, anyway.

Kai looked behind him. Three black sedans slowly crept up as he walked along. He turned back around and kept walking and began to feel nervous. He wasn't in their way; he could have been easily passed with room to spare. It was the middle of the night and the road was pretty much empty. Kai began to walk faster.

The cars began to speed up.

Kai took another glance behind and took off running. The cars could have gone faster, they could have run him over, but they kept the same pace. It was as if they were teasing him, watching to see how far he could run. Kai found it impossable to turn to hide. He didn't know what they wanted and feared what would happen if he did slow down.

Then it hit him. They were hunting him. They were herding him.

Kai ran up through a parking garage. One floor, then two, then three. His lungs burned and knives shot from his heels to up to his slender hips. He didn't dare stop; he would die running first. The night sky and full moon opened up to him on the third landing. This was it; he could jump, teleport and hopfully be somewhere else before hitting the ground. That changed as soon as he turned a corner. Kai came to a halt on one foot.

His gaze move back and forth as he panted. His chest hurt from the strain and his heart beat aggressively in his chest; his pulse was rapid and deafening. Four black cars parked side-to-side, their headlights to glare on him accusingly. It was a trap.

How did they find me? Kai took a step back. Should I teleport?

Then he remembered Suho's words: Promise me you won't teleport in front of someone who isn't one of us.

But hyung. Kai closed his eyes and prepared himself.

His eyes opened as he heard running footsteps. Kai spun to see a young man with short, dark brown hair and cat-like eyes running towards him. The light from headlight shone just enough to show he was there under the same circumstances. He stopped a few feet from Kai, his chest heaving. Despite the cold weather, he wore no coat, just black boots, black jeans and a light, black and white sweater. He gave Kai a strange look and glanced at the car.

"Is this your party?" Kai smirked at the young man and pulled out his pendant. "Or ours?"

"I think ours." He repliedand, and pulled his own pendant out.

"Xiumin?"

Xiumin nodded and clasped hand with him.

The two heard what sounded like rhythmic thudding and looked back to the cars. The thudding sounded like it came from inside of them and they also appeared to wiggle a little. Whoever was in the vehichles were stuck. The cars' door refused to open.

"What the?" Xiumin asked. As if in response, the light above them begin to dim.

Kai gazed at one of the cars' windsheilds. A giant ball of black began to move in front of the bright, full moon. An eclipse had started.

Kai and Xiumin turned and stared up at the sky. Behind them, the headlight of the cars went out, followed by the lights of the parking garage. They were in total darkness.

Kai grabbed ahold of Xiumin's arm. "Time to go."

Please log in to read the full chapter