Bonus Chapter: Christmas

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun started out the window of the guest bedroom at the fat, cottony snowflakes that slowly fell onto the cobblestone street below. The neighbourhood around him was filled with lights from the wreaths on the vintage street lights and green garlands strung across the narrow lanes to little twinkles of light that shone through the various windows of the neighbours' homes. People in new winter coats and boots walked below, laughing and taking photos with their mobile phones. Altogether, it was the atmophere of a typically happy Christmas; something one would see out of a postcard sent from family on vacation. But Sehun watched all of this with a frown and heavy heart.

It would be Christmas soon. And he was alone.

Earlier he and the other members had snuck to their families' homes despite the chance of being caught. His parents didn't ask where he had been and only shown mild surprise at his unexpecte arrival. As usal, the smiles were rare in that home despite the holiday. They did seem happy with the gifts that Sehun had brought and they shared a pleasant dinner together. But something seemed off; the air of apathy still lingered, the atmosphere that he had grown used to over the past five years, but had only just seemed to mentally call out. Sehun sighed and unconsciously the hem of his green sweater; a gift from his mother. The last gift he would ever receive from her. He knew it would be the last time he would see his parents, and he hoped, expected more from them.

The glass felt cold against his forhead and he felt a tear fall onto the back of his hand. Sehun release a shuddering breath, but the tension in his chest worsened. His hand tightened on the windowsill and his other hand pressed over his mouth. More tears fell as his body began to shake and a sharp, malicous thought bloomed in his mind like a flower made of razors.

They never loved me.

A sudden warmth pressed against his back and shoulders and Sehun's head snapped up. Madam Ombres' arms pulled him tight into her and he unconsciously leaned back into her. Sehun wiped away his tears and sniffled, waiting for her to say something. The silence passed for a handful of seconds that slowed until he turned and looked at her.

"I'm sorry." Was all the said.

"Don't be." Madam Ombres' pressed a hand to his cheek. "I know it's hard. You can cry if you need to; you don't need my, or anyone's, permission for that."

Sehun sniffle again and brought his hand up to hers. "I don't know why, I haven't known you that long, but you're like more of a mom to me than my own. I, wish right now that you raised me."

Madam Ombres pulled him back into her embrace and held him even tighter. Her hand rubbed circles between his shoulders and she sighed, her chin rested on his shoulder and tears began to pulse in her eyes.

Please log in to read the full chapter