Visions

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo opened his eyes to an overwhelming feeling of deja vu. Everything around him appeared the same as his dreams, but the vague, hazy cloud around him was gone. In its wake was a strange, foreign city filled with smooth, rounded buildings seemingly made from light-coloured clay. Kyungsoo looked down to see the ground paved in glossy, hexagon-shaped tiles of many different colours.

This was the same world as his dreams, but he was standing at his full, adult height instead of tiny and carried in a strange woman's arms. He stood in the city's square, dressed head to toe in black; everything from his shiny dress shoes and dress pants to a black blazer and button-down shirt.  Only his ring and large detail stitching on the shoulders of his coat were silver, the only things on him not black. Kyungsoo's hairstyle had changed, too. His bangs were brushed back from his small face and parted to the right.

Kyungsoo didn't have time to think over where he was or why his appearance change; a feminine scream erupted behind him, followed half a second with a loud bang. The ground shook, and Kyungsoo nearly fell as he spun toward the voice's source.

He turned with a gasp. In front of him on the other side of the square was the tree. It stood as tall as the buildings around it, its trunk as wide as a small house. The foliage formed a great cap of multiple colours that hung down like short willow branches. The trunk itself had a distinct gold tone and the whole tree glowed with a strong, internal light.

But that light had begun to rapidly fade.

A woman ran towards

Please log in to read the full chapter