Suho's Secret (extended)

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lay sat on his bed and watched Kai pace back and forth in front of his aparment's large windows. The blinds behind him were still drawn shut and the shadows from the only lamp on cast shadows across his figure. Lay felt like he was watching a caged wildcat in his home, waiting to get out and prowl again. Tao leaned against the bathroom wall next to him and looked the opposite of Kai, still as a statue, his only movement was his gaze that followed Kai.

He's going to wear out my carpet if he keeps this up. Lay finally broke the room's silence. "Have you done it before?"

Kai stopped, sighed and ran a hand through his hair and shook his head. "I've only teleported alone and only awakened to my power a little over a year ago. Now it looks like I may have to teleport three people."

"Why three?" Tao interjected. "Can't you just bring Luhan here?"

Lay shook his head. "If he's in the condition Kai says he's in, then bringing him here directly may kill him. I have to go with Kai, heal Luhan, and then the three of us will teleport out of there." He sighed. "But, of course it's not going to be that easy. It's going to be draining on both myself and Kai and we need to be sure not to get caught."

Kai nodded. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"We have to if we want to save Luhan."

Tao uncrossed his arms and stood up. "Lay-Gege, I-"

Lay turned to him. "We have to, Tao. Please, just stay here for now. If you have to, just tell your parents I needed you to house-sit for me while I'm visiting relatives in Beijing."

"Do you have relatives in Beijing?"

"No, but they don't know that." Lay stood and walked up to Kai. "Okay, let's try this."

Kai nodded and grabbed ahold of Lay's arm. "Close your eyes."

Lay and Kai closed their eyes and were both gone in a large puff of black smoke.

 

Ordos, China

Lay and Kai appeared in a white room that bore the resemblance between a hospital room and a prision cell. Everything was the same as Kai's dream down to the little body in the bed. The heart monitor beeped steadily, but the heart rate was weakened. Kai looked around the room worriedly.

"We need to be quick, I don't know when someone will check on him and there are probably cameras here." Kai said and turned to Lay.

Lay sat next to Luhan, bent over him with his hands on his stomach and side. Luhan was covered in the same swirling, white light Kai remembered they day before. Lay's eyes were closed, his brows knit in concentration. Kai turned his attention back towards the door. He unconciously held his breath. Someone would be in sometime. He hoped to have the two out soon.

Then the heart monitor began a stronger beeping rhythem. Kai felt the hairs on his arms and the back of his neck go up. He prayed a nurse or other staff wouldn't immediately notice the change. He began to feel and hear his own heart speed up. Sweat began to dampen the palms of his hands. Please hurry, Lay.

Luhan's eyes began to open. He blinked up at the ceiling, then up at Lay. The white light faded out and Lay sighed out a huff and brushed back sweat-tipped hair from his face. Luhan began to sit up, but Lay pushed him back down. He pulled the oxygen mask off of him.

"Welcome back." Lay said with a smile.

A loud clang startled Kai. He turned to see a nurse standing wide-eye near the door. A metal tray with a syringe and medine lay on the floor next to her. Before Kai could react, she was out the door.

"!" Kai teleported against the door and pressed his weight into it. "Unhook Luhan! We need to leave now!"

Luhan had his i.v. out already and began to tear off the sticky discs connecting him to the heart monitor. Lay helped him pull the rest off and pressed him down on his back. Lay quickly apologised and began to pulled the feeding tube out of his nose. Luhan grabbed ahold of the blanket and choked, but tried not to fight the other boy.

Kai could feel the door try to open behind him and pressed harder into the metal. A lound bang sounded directly behind him and a jolt of pain went up his shoulders to the back of his head. Another jolt and the back of his head hit the door. He gritted his teeth, dug his heels into the floor and held out. He heard a cry and looked over to Luhan. He was sitting up with his legs apart and a pained look on his face. Kai cringed inwardly. Of course Luhan would have a catheter.

Please log in to read the full chapter