Escalation

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

London, England

Madam Ombres hung up her phone and put the photo of Sehun back in the jewelry box. She reopened the text she recieved only an hour ago.

Time was running out.

The text read Jailors will be in S.K. in two weeks.

 

Kyungsoo had the same dream again.

In the dream, he seemed so little; small enough for a young woman to hold so he held tightly onto her and watched chaos errupt from where she ran. Around him, he could hear people screaming and small children crying.

"Mahme'!" He heard himself scream in a timid, high-pitched voice. He clung even tighter to her.

Everything he faced was a blur. Bright lights of explosions scattered in the distance. It appeared to be a city; oddly shaped buildings gave a blurred frame to a vague shape of a giant tree. It had a glow of 12 different coloured lights from its trunk to its branches. But its light was fading, turning the tree to a dead, dull grey.

The young woman holding him let out a loud scream as a resounding bang shook the ground beneath them.

Another young woman's voice sounded close to her right. Kyungsoo couldn't make out the words. When he turned his gaze towards the source he found it came from a young woman with long, gold brown hair who was held a small infant, tiny enough to be no older than a newborn. Her face was hard to make out; her features were a vauge blur.

He let out a cry as he was ripped from the young woman's grasp. "Mahme'! Mahme'!" He cried.

She set him inside a white pod-shaped container. He kept crying for her even as she stepped back. Even after his throat began to hurt.

He saw her face.

Then a shockwave ran through. When it h

Please log in to read the full chapter