Not So Hidden Dangers

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

SCP Site XXX, China

The heart monitor connected to SCP 2283 began to speed up erratically as sweat beaded on his forehead. With the quickening of the montior's beeps his breath shorted to the point he was just making quick gasps. SCP personelle in scrubs rushed into the room with syringes and defibulation machine. A broad-built man pulled the blanket and 2283's gown down. A nurse stood ready next to the defibrillator pads.

"Blood pressure is 170 over 110!" A nurse called out. The staff rushed to prepare for the worse.

2283's eye opened. He blinked twice, his eyes closed again. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

There was an explosion of pandemonium in the room. Doctors and nurses rushed around SCP2283 and noisely shouted amonst each other. One nurse injected a syringe into his i.v. and a doctor began to frantically rub the defibrillator pads together. "CLEAR!" She set the pads on his chest and his body jolted. A second time and the heart monitor began a feeble, but steady flow of beeps. A silence passed for a minute between the personelle. The doctor glanced at the heart monitor and pulled 2283's gown back on and tucked him back in as the other staff left the room.

The doctor slipped an oxygen mask on the SCP 2283's face. "You're not leaving us so easily." He said and looked him over one last time before walking out of the room to file a report.

As the door closed, a tear spilled out of one of 2283's closed eyes.

 

Luhan lay curled in a ball on the grey floor. He could feel tears pulsating in his eyes. When he closed them to felt wetness roll over his face. He pressed a hand over his mouth and choked back a sob. Please hurry, Kai.

 

Changsha, China

Find a Unicorn that dances. Kai shook his head as he walked down the crowded sidewalk. Sure, that will be easy. While I'm at it, I'll bring you a pink dragon. He ran a hand through his hair and turned a corner, not sure as to where to go. I'm in a country I've never been to before, I'm trying to find someone who Luhan called a unicorn. And the worst part is, I don't know ANY Chinese.

Kai stopped and searched his surroundings. He was on a narrow street busy with people walking and buying things from vendors set up in little shops on the wider spots of si

Please log in to read the full chapter