Taking Risks

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hyung, please stop crying." Kai paced Kris' flat while on his handphone. "I'm sorry I didn't call you sooner. Yes, I'm fine; I'm in Canada right now."

He pulled the phone away from his ear and sighed. "I don't know how I got here, either. Look, something weird happened . . . please stop crying . . . I was kind of shot with a tranquilzer dart when I was trying to get Chen back to Lay and well, here I am. Chen is with Lay right now. I think I was so focused on getting him to Lay, I maybe shot him over there? . . . I know, I know, it doesn't explain why I'm in Canada."

"I already talked to Lay-hyung and Luhan-hyung. I'm going to China to meet them and then I'll be home. Yes, hyung, I promise. I have to go, I'll call you later." Kai paused and hung up. " He looked to Kris. "Are you ready?"

"I'm starting to think you like fainting." Kris crossed his arms and cocked an eyebrow at Kai. "I don't think that's a good habit to have."

Kai shrugged and stuffed his phone in his coat pocket. "We have to get to China; I don't have a passport and we don't have the money to buy plane tickets. Besides, they're probably looking for me, so it wouldn't be a good idea."

Kris raised an eyebrow. "You travel all over the world and you don't have a passport?"

Kai shrugged. "I teleport, that's my thing. Why would I need a passport?"

Kris rolled his eyes. "I shouldn't be encouraging this." He sighed. "So, what do we need to do?"

"Okay, I need to hold onto you." Kai reached out his hand as Kris grabbed his backpack.

Kris grabbed ahold. "Okay, now what?"

"Um, maybe you should hold your breath."

Kai and Kris disappeared in a cloud of black vapors.

 

He could no longer deny it; it was getting crowded.

Lay paused from the game of Majiang he was teaching Chen with Tao and turned his attention to Xiumin. The eldest of the group had shooed him away from his little kitchenette and was busy preparing dinner for himself and the others. Luhan sat on Lay's bed milling over a notebook, map and Lay's copy of the book. He was thankful that Tao was still living with his parents, but that still left four people (soon to be five), with him.

"Lay?"

Lay apologised quickly and turned his attention back towords the game.

"Are you okay, hyung?" Chen asked. "If you're tired, we can play another time."

Lay shook his head. "No, no, I'm fine. Have you been sleeping well?"

Chen shifted on the air matress they sat on. "It's okay."

"Are you sure? We can switch tonight if you want."

Chen quickly shook his head. "No! . . . I mean, it's your home, you should sleep in your own bed. Besides . . ." He paused and stole a quick glance at Xiumin before turning away.

Lay thought he saw the younger man's cheeks flush pink, but shrugged it off. Maybe he likes sleeping next to Xiumin-ge.

"Ge-ge, what are you thinking?" Tao innocently asked.

"We can't stay here too much longer." He turned to Luhan. "Can we, Luhan-ge?"

Luhan looked up from his work. "No, if they're searching Beijing and Shanghai, then who know when they'll start looking in Changsa." He closed Lay's book and looked to Tao. "You said you thought some of the Red Forces were here. They were SCP Foundation. You were lucky; I think they were just passing through." 

"Where are we going to go?" Xiumin asked as he shut off the rice cooker next to him and pulled a pan off the stove.

"We need to avoi

Please log in to read the full chapter