Dreaming

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol kneeled next to Baekhyun's bed and set a cool, damp washcloth on the boy's forehead. He had carried his friend to his bedroom and had tucked him in. As he pulled the blue comforter over him, something silver on Baekhun's chest caught his attention. It was a silver pendant on a black cord similar to his. The pendant itself strongly resembled a cross between a sun and star decorations he remembered from Christmas trees. Chanyeol's hand unconciously reached out, his long fingers caressed the pendant.

He said he had a weird night, could this of had something to do with it? Or is it just a necklace and I'm assuming things?

Baekhyun's eyes began to flutter open and Chanyeol's hand shot back like he had been burned.

"Cha-Chanyeol?" Baekhyun pulled the cloth off his face and slowly began to sit up.

Chanyeol gently set his hand on his chest and urged him back down. "Easy, you fainted." He tucked him back in "You should get some rest."

He turned to leave and took a step. Then felt a hand uneasily grab hold of his wrist.

"Stay with me?"

Chanyeol turned at gazed down at Baekhyun. "What?"

"Please, stay here with me. At least until I fall asleep." He withdrew his hand. "I'm sorry, I sound like a girl right now. I guess it's been a weird week for me." He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Never mind, you can go if you want. I'm being dumb."

But Chanyeol didn't go. He walked across to the other side of the bed and slid under the covers. Chanyeol rolled onto his side and set a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. "You can tell me." He gave a grin. "I told you I know weird."

Baekhyun turned to face him. "When I went for a walk in the forest, I wasn't there long and I began to hear music and someone singing. It was weird, I just starting singing, too. It was a song I never heard before, but it was like I just knew the words. I wasn't afraid, it was like something I was just used it. It was like I was having a duet with a ghost. While singing, I just felt . . . I don't know, lighter? Happy? When the song was over, I looked down. My palms were glowing!" He shook his head. "It hasn't happened since. I thought I was having a mental breakdown. And then today, I saw your hands and the fire. I don't know what's going on anymore." He grabbed the edge of the blanket and curled up in a ball.

Chanyeol reached out and Baekhyun's hair. "I know it's scary the first time. I was twenty* when it first happened to me." He let out a small laugh. "I almost lit my bed on fire. I'm not sure how it happened. I was just thinking of a song, just making up one in my head. The next thing I know it looked like my hand was on fire. Of course, I panicked. I made a fist, and then the fire was out. It didn't hurt and I didn't have any burns."

Baekhyun blinked at him. "You don't think this is weird?"

Chanyeol shrugged. "Maybe it's supposed to happen. I think we have more in common than you

Please log in to read the full chapter