The Consequences of Secrets

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Shanghai, China

Tao felt a little guilty for following the young man earlier that day. He had seen the men following him, watched the chase down the alleyway and around a corner. Then he witnessed the young man's power. He was taken back as the ground had swiftly turned to ice beneith his hands and knocked down the three pursuers. Then as the young man turned to flee, Tao raised his hand and set off his own power.

Time slowed down. People walked around him in slow-motion. The three men moved like a streaming video on heavy lag. A cell phone crept out of one man's pocket as he tried to stand. Above, birds flapped their wings like a music video cliche'. Only one thing stood out.

Then young man ran quickly, completely unaffected by the time warp.

Tao waited until he was out of sight before ending the time-pull. The three men ran past him and cursed. He smiled to himself and leaned against a wall. His head spun and he began to feel hungry. Tao pulled out his phone.

I found Xiumin. He texted Lay before heading in the direction Xiumin ran off to.

 

"Kai?"

Kai slung a backpack over his shoulder and turned to Suho. His brother gazed at him in the living room from the kitchen with brow knit together and arms crossed.

"Are you going back to China now?"

Kai nodded. "I'm taking Lay and Luhan back. Tao found Xiumin and we need to get to him soon. It looks like the orginization that was holding Luhan is may know who he is. We need to stay low, but it shouldn't be a problem." He smirked at Suho. "If things get too bad, I can always teleport, right?"

Suho sighed. "It's not that simple. You can't afford to be seen like that again." He approached Kai and set his hands on his shoulders. Their eyes met. "I don't want to lose you. Please take this." Suho reached into his pocket and handed him a cell phone. "Call me, I don't like it when I don't know where you are. And promise me you won't use your power in front of others like that again."

"Hyung-"

"I mean it, Kai. Promise me that you won't teleport in front of someone w

Please log in to read the full chapter