Oncoming Danger Part II

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

 The pain that wracked Suho's body was unrelenting; every time it stopped he tried to stand, only to receive another round of voltage. He stars of sharp pain exploded in his eyes and his ears were fill filled with the sounds of Kai's fading screams.

Why isn't anyone doing anything?! We're being attacked!

Soon his agony-wracked boy couldn't take anymore and he ragdolled onto the concrete blocks. Through half-open eyes he could see someone approach Kai with a pair of handcuffs that looked as though they were made of onyx. The man bent down and grabbed ahold of Kai's wrist, ready to place the cuffs on him. Before he could, ice began to form on the we bricks around them.

 

The foreigner spun to face Chen, another taser gun in hand. Beside Chen, Xiumin was on one knee, hand on the wet ground with a large sheet of ice thickening and growing around the pair.

"I would stop if I were you!" Chen called a warning to the foreigner in moderatly accented English.

Chen stepped forward and felt two sharp needle-like stings on his tummy. A warm, buzzing feeling vibrated throughout his body; the foreigner tried to stun him.

"How cute." Chen said with a smile, but cringed as he pulled the barbs out of him. He held out his right hand, palm-up and a few tiny lightening bolts shot between his curled fingers. "Does that mean it's my turn?"

The foreigner took a step back. "You're suppose to be in China!"

"Well, you called out our reunion a little early."

Beside him, Xiumin dipped his hand into the fountain. "Chenny, should we try our hand at fighting?" He asked Chen in what he could hear as a half-amused, half-angry tone.

"There's only two of you and six of us." The foreigner stated "You honestly don't- AAAHHHH!"

Chen shot his hand forward and a small bot of lightening flew out, enveloping the foreigner and sent him to the ground, unmoving.

"Now we have five." 

Xiumin jumped up and walked on the fountain's edge. "Listen to me, Jailors!" He called out and the water droplets from the fountain began to freeze into balls the size of large marbles as they suspended in the air around him. "I am Xiumin and we are Exo! We are not a number you assign to us, we are objects to be contained!"

He stopped and stood where Suho had been sitting. "If you don't back off now, Chen and I will make you feel the pain you infllicted on our two member ten times fold! Do you understand?"

One by one, the ment began to lower their guns and the man once bent over Kai backed away to join them.

Xiumin's voice lowered "Leave. I'll give you this one chance; if I run across you again, you will see I won't be so gentle with things."

One of the men ran towards the foreigner/ Chen raised his hand at him, but the man only grabbed the foreigner and dragged him towards the other who helped carry the unconcious man away.

Xiumin jumped down from the fountain onto the ice but didn't slip. He bent down in fron of Suho and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Can you stand up?" He asked in Korean.

"You can speak Korean?" Suho weakly asked.

"Of course I can." Xiumin replied with a smile. "I am Korean."

Suho tried to stand, but felt his head fall into a dark fog and he pressed a hand to his forehead. Stars briefly danced before his eyes and before he knew it he had fallen into Xiumin's arms. 

"Careful, don't push yourself." Xiumin pulled Suho's arm around the back of his neck and wrapped his arm around his waist.

Around them a crowd began to father. Some of the people had even pulled our their phones and had began filming them.

"." Xiumin cursed under his breath. "Chen, we're getting too much attention. We need to leave now."

Chen nodded, Kai's arm already slung over his shoulder. He joined Xiumin and they assisted their other members away from the scene as best and as quickly as they could.

"Where are you taking us?" Kai asked in a tone barely over a mumble.

"We're going to meet up with Madam Ombres and the others."  Chen replied. "To a place she calls the Wanders' Library."

 

Kyungsoo didn't have a plan, but he knew he had to find somwhere to hide, and fast. He quickly glnaced around from where he stood. Lock himself and Sehun in the bathroom? No, they could knock the door down. In a closet? Definintely not, it would probably be the first place they'd look.

He took a step towards the back door and heard a thunderous bang and startled yells from the front of the house. More bangs and cries errupted and crashed into a deafing eclipse of silence; it was as if all sound was muted save for the continuous sound of his hummingbird-like heartbeat. Kyungsoo shifted Sehun further up on his shoulder and hurried to the back door. Before his hand could touch the doorknob he heard a young, male voice in his head.

Please don't be afraid, we're here to help.

Kyungsoo stopped and turned. "Who's there?"

He heard footsteps approach and braced himself as best as he could with an already-too-tall teenager slung over his shoulder. Kyungsoo gritted his teeth and felt his legs begin to shake and a subtle dizziness buzz around his head like an annoying horde of angry bees in his head. It wouldn't bee long before he wouldn't be able to hold onto Sehun; he would have to try fighting.

But before he could lower Sehun to the floor a young, androgynous face face peer through the doorway. A set of doe eyes blinked at Kyungsoo under a fluff of blonde hair. They boy, who looked no older than fifteen let out a breath.

"We were looking for you." He turned and called out. "Kris! I found them!" He turned back to Kyungsoo and held up his pendant. "Don't worry, we're the same as both of you. My name is Luhan. Please don't be afraid of us."

A tall man with slightly blonder hair appeared behind Luhan in the doorway.

"We need to get going." The taller man, whom Kyungsoo assumed was Kris, said.

Luhan no

Please log in to read the full chapter