Finding a Unicorn and a Deer

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

London

Madame Ombres returned to find Kai curled up in the bed again like a kitten. His black hair was a fluffy mess, his full lips parted slightly and and hand lay curled up next to them. She smiled and took off her coal grey coat as she watched him sleep. Madame quietly slipped out of her matching high heel shoes and crept up to the sleeping boy. He looked too peaceful and cute to wake up. She sat on the bed next to Kai, unconciously smoothing out her grey pencil skirt and pulling down the sleeves of her light pink blouse. 

Kai didn't move, but his eyelashes fluttered and his fingers in a tiny, jerking motion. Madame pulled the blankets up from his waist to his shoulders and something shiney on his chest caught her eye. She bent down and gently brought it between her fingers. It was a small pendant. She traced a finger over the it's triangle shape and studied its center; a whirl that looked very similar to an eye. Madam let go of the pendant and brought her hand to her lap. She gazed at Kai's face again, let out a knowing sigh. Then she got up and left the room.

 

"China's a big country."

Luhan crossed his arms and nodded with a sigh. He held out his left hand and an orb floated to it. "I know, Kai. I'm trying to find out more, but something happened last night. Three others awoken and I can't do anthing in my state until you find the unicorn."

"In your state?" Kai walked closer to Luhan, hand clasped behind his back. "What's going on?"

Luhan looked up from the orb and into his eyes. "I'm in a coma. I need him so I can wake up and help find the others. You're different; you're like me and can cross from one side to the other. Did you read the book?"

"What book?"

Luhan looked back into the orb. "Twelve boys were found abandoned throughout China and South Korea. When we were found, we had necklaces with our names and symbols, like the one you have now." Kai looked down at his self-conciously. "We also had a book with us. It mentions Twelve ledgends, split into two groups."

The orb began to glow. "You only dream for so long, I can't explain it all. I can only tell you that you'll know when you see it. It's . . . like an intuition between us."

Kai stared into the glass ball. If Luhan could see anything, he couldn't. To him, the orb shown nothing but white, swirling shapes.

"He's in Changsha, Hunan provance." Luhan finally spoke. He looked back to Kai. "I'm sorry, but that's all I can tell you. You will be waking up soon."

Kai nodded. "What did you mean by cross over?"

"We're being seperated. I thought it was pshyical, but it's like a veil. We can see through it, because we're

Please log in to read the full chapter