Waking a Sleeping Deer

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lay walked out of the bathroom while toweling off his hair. Blinds between the wondows' glass panels had been drawn and the only light in the apartment came from a small lamp on a bedside stand. Kai say cross-legged on the bed, the book in his lap. His hair was still damp from his shower and he had changed into loose blue pj bottoms and a blue tank top. He looked up from the book and moved over to make room for Lay.

Lay sat down beside him. "Has that answered any questions?"

Kai closed the book and handed it to him. "Yes, but no. So far, counting myself, I know four of us. You, me, Luhan and Tao. If there's twelve of us, where are the other eight? Do we all have a necklace and book? If so, I've never seen a book and I don't know if my hyung has one."

"Does he have a necklace?"

Kai nodded. "We were adopted together. Biologically, he's my older half-brother. I don't know if he has a book. We were found when he was two and I was just a baby. I don't know if he or our parents have it, if it's still around at all." He curled up under the blankets and curled in a ball next to Lay. "Do you think my hyung could have a power?"

Lay tossed the towel into a little hamper at the end of the bed and crawled under the blankets. "If he's your brother and he has a neckless, then yes. He may not know he has a power, though. Who says that we awaken at the same time? I mean, there's twelve of us, so there's a big chance that some of us came into our power early, and some probably haven't yet."

"The book said we're seperated into two groups of six. Luhan said that he and I could shift between the groups, but the others can't. He said that we are different."

Lay nodded. "You are the keys. I used to think from the book that it meant that we're in different worlds, or dimentions. But now I think it's a bit simpler than that. Maybe it's some kind of veil to keep us from each other until the time is right. It's like we could b

Please log in to read the full chapter