A Dangerous Gamble

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo patiently sat in front of a large, lit-up mirror; his eyes stared ahead at nothing, not even his reflection as a young woman applied makeup to his face.  Although he sat still with a poker face, inside he willed himself to remain calm and distracted himself with making sure he remembered the set list. He was pulled out of his thoughts when she tapped his shoulder and took a step back. Kyungsoo inspected his reflection; his large eyes were accented in kohl eyeliner and his skin gave off a glow from the highlights on his cheeks, nose and forehead and his dark hair was pulled off his forehead and parted to the his left. For the mini-concert he wore dark jeans and a light blue turtleneck under a black blazer that matched his dress shoes. The transformation was comple; he was no longer Do Kyungsoo, but the singer, D.O.

D.O. stood and bowed to the makeup artist with a thank you and headed towards the stage. He would be starting soon. 

As he stood behind the curtain, he thought of five others like him who would be in the audience. Their presence, their connection, and also what it sybolized to him. This would be his last show in South Korea.

The curtains opened up and D.O. stepped towards the front of the stage to be greeted by the cheers of five thousand. He waited for the music to start and brought the mic up to his lips.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,

Play another slow jam . . .

D.O.'s voice glided through the notes in an earthy, melodious tenor that glided over the entranced audince. The melody and tempo of the song gave a mellow, intimiate atmosphere that complimented his mid-range and would also be a warm-up for the rest of the show. Below and around him, the audience stared, fixated on the sound of his voice. A sea of glowsticks began to light up around him; at first in seemingly random areas, then more flashed beside them him until he was surrounded by a mass of violet lights that glowed like a field of voilet fireflies at midnight. 

But this time, something felt different. Towards the end of the song he began to feel a warmth in the center of  his chest , similar to the feeling he got on freezing winter bights when he drank hot chocolate. On the edges of the warm patch a tingling sensation began to pulse out down his arms and legs and up the back of his neck. It wasn't an unpleasant or disturbing feeling; despite its newness, it had a familar, comforting feel to it, like it was a sensation he didn't know he was expecting until it happened. The song soon ended and he bowed before the cheering audience before going into his next song. Yet the feeling didn't subside, in fact, it was growing stronger.

She's my bay--by . . . 

 

The audience began to snap along with Kyungsoo and immediately as soon as the stopped, as if they knew the song by heart. Baekhyun smiled at this, but also the warm feeling growing in his chest around his heart. A pleasant pulsation sent out with it down his arms and legs, up the back of his neck and into his scalp. From the corner of his eye he could see Kai smiling, almost glowing and felt Chanyeol's long arms wrap around him from be

Please log in to read the full chapter