Eclipse Part II

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun opened his eyes and found himself standing on the face of a giant clock. He looked down at the number 12 and his brows knit together in confusion.

I was in class, where am I now?

The clock itself was a matte gray, indisquinshable as neither metal or stone. The Roman numbers stood up from the flat surface, but held not individual colour of their own. Sehun stood in its center, were its hands should have started from. It was a clock that told no time. Around the clock was water as still as an onxy mirror that held its depth a secret. The only thing it revealed was a reflection of a bright, full moon surrounded by silver clouds marbled in equally black sky. Sehun looked behind him towards the reflection's source and around him.

He looked down and realized his wasn't in his school uniform. His pants were of a silver material, his shirt an onyx silk under a silver blazer that sparkled in the light. His pendant shone against the dark marterial and on his right hand were two gold rings: one of a full moon and one of a dark moon. 

How did I get here? His mind wandered for an answer, then his breath hitched. Wait . . . I'm dreaming.

As he came to that conclusion, a glint of light caught his eye ahead of him. The water began to ripple in small waves and headed toward him. It quickly hit the edge of the clock and the water exploded around him. Sehun flinched and waited for the feeling of being drenched, but felt nothing. The water moved around him like a film in slow motion. He reached out a hand and touched a few stray droplets. It felt real. The water slowly desended to the clock face where it collected around the numbers.

Sehun kicked at the water and caused a wave to jump over the 12 and back into its source. Behind him, the moon began to darken from an shadow, like the eclipse the night before. The pool around the clock began to wave again, the sky's reflection dissappating. It was replaced with his reflection, then one by one, on either side of him, other young men began to appear. Kyungsoo was one of them.

One of the young men on his right seemed to look out from the water's surface, straight at Sehun. He wore a black pea coat and black pants, his ebony hair short with long bangs parted to the side. His face was intriguingly both delicate and masculine. Sehun stopped himself from taking a step back. The stranger wore a sad expression as he reached his hand out towards him. Sehun began to reach out as well. He stopped himself.

He's not here. The thought nearly brought him to tears.

Sehun's outstretched hand balled into a fist and his pursed his lips in frustration.

Then the world shattered with a loud bang.

Sehun bolted up at his desk to see a meter stick had struck down uncomfortably close to his head. On its other end a disgruntled teacher glared down at him. The rest of the class sat in tense silence. Sehun muttered an apology and received one more scathing look from the teacher before he was left alone. The lecture he was sleeping through began again and he looked down. As usual, he was in his uniform; a cobalt blue blazer with black trim, white dress shirt with grey tie and grey pants. Sehun shook his head and flipped his textbook/pillow to the page the teacher instructed him to read. Then he snuck out his phone and scrolled for Kyungsoo in his contacts.

He sent a quick text: Hyung, are you busy later? I need to talk to someone.

 

Vocal lessons had ended for the day, but Chen stayed behind in the emptying room. He gave a noncommited round of "see you later" and "you worked hard" to his classmates as they parted, his mind already back to what happened in that room the night before.

Chen eyed the stereo suspiciously. If this was off last night, where did the music come from? I know I'm not the only one that heard it.

He approached the stereo and brushed his slender fingertips over the top. Well, strange voice,

Please log in to read the full chapter