So . . . Flying

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Vancouver, Canada

It was time. Kris felt his heart flutter in his chest, brushing against his sternum enough to remind him of his fears. He ascended the metal and concrete stairs. His hand held tightly to the railing as he climbed upwards to hide the tremoring from himself. No-one else was around; he knew if he was not alone that it would lead to a misunderstanding.

He wasn't trying to kill himself. He was learning to fly.

Kris had tried from lower distances when he knew he was alone. At most, he was only ten feet above the ground. Now he would be much higher. And he prayed he wouldn't fail.

Kris opened the door to the building's roof and walked to the edge. The sun had began to rise, giving wake to the city. Long shadows from the bare trees and tall buildings painted a contrast of warm light and cool shadows. A cold, but gentle breeze graced through Kris's hair and pulled at his clothes. It reminded him he was awake and gave tones of eagerness and fear to what he was about to do. He stretched out his arms and closed his eyes, his breath came out in puffs, much like a dragon's breath.

He shivered a little. His clothes weren't quite thick enough for the cold weather. White jeans, a white coat and a pink t-shirt. Like the one he had in the last dream with that strange, baby-faced young man. The one who called himself Luhan.

Kris opened his dark eyes and took one last look up at the parting clouds, the light blue sky, and the or

Please log in to read the full chapter