A Call to the Leaders

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Suho awoke, stretched his arms above his head and rubbed his eyes. Late morning light shone through the windows, brightening the small room. The beginning of a new day. He stumbled out of bed, pulled a robe on over his boxers and t-shirt and sat at his desk. Something compelled him to read over the book again. Suho opened his desk drawer and pulled out the small book. It resembled a journal someone would buy in a new age shop; bound in a patch of leather, it's a spine stitched with a leather cord and completed with a tree engraved on the front cover. The pages were thick, almost crude parchment that gave off the smell of an old library book. Suho opened it and began to read.

When the skies and grounds were of one legend, through their forces nutured the Tree of Life . . . 

Suho read the first five pages. It told of 12 Legends that were guardians of the tree and the Red Force that infected the Tree of Life. The splitting of the heart of the tree and the Legends hiding the halves away. It made for a good fairytale, but why did his parents hide it from him and Kai? He closed the book and his eyes widened.

The book had changed.

The leather that covered it wasn't just a patch, it was hardbound and red, the tree stood out on the cover in gold. The book had also changed in size from a journal to a hardcover novel. Suho opened the book again and flipped through the pages to find the second half of the book was blank.

He looked up and found he was no longer home. His bedroom was gone and instead he sat at a table in the middle of a marshland. All around him were patches of water surrounded by waist-high golden grass. On the table were small stacks of books in different coloured leather covers. Between two stacks sats an hourglass, its sand already half decended to its bottom. Suho looked around, confused. Not too far from him, a young man in a black pea coat and black pants played with an equally blac

Please log in to read the full chapter