Coming Together

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

For the first time in over a year, Baekhyun awoke to an empty apartment. He padded his way to the living room in a baggy blue t-shirt and pink boxers to find Chanyeol's spot on the couch was empty. His guitar was gone, too. The silence of the apartment seeped through his body and weaved through his chest. Baekhyun bit his lip and ran a hand through the light gold mop on his head.

He'll be home soon, I know that. He reminded himself. He didn't take off.

Baekhyun shook off the paranoia and headed to the bathroom. He pulled of his t-shirt with a yawn and the shower. His boxers came off after and he stood in the bath and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. Baekhyun pulled his hands away from his face and stared down at them. He thought of the light that appeared from them twice before and unconciously reached for the light switch. As soon as his palm grazed the switch, his hand jerked away as if it had been stung. Baekhyun look down at his hand and then to the switch.

He held his breath and turned the light off.

Baekhyun blinked in the darkness; his eyes fought to focus on the wall of black in front of him. He raised his hands in front of him as Chanyeol instructed. His hands curled into loose fists and he closed his eyes. He imagined a twin balls of light in his hands, pictured the light peeking through the spaces between his slender fingers. Light began to tease his eyes where they hid behind closed lids. Baekhyun opened his eyes and hands to see two balls of light the size of large marbles in his hands, hovering with an even, unwavering glow. He opened his hands up wider, willed the lights to grow. Baekhyun struggled to keep his hands from shaking, but they managed to hold steady as the balls of light grew to the size of softballs and brightly lit up the small bathroom. Beakhyun blinked and soon noticed he didn't see spots from staring at the lights, nor did the glowing orbs hurt his eyes.

Baekhyun closed his hands and the lights went out. He reached for the light switch and turned the light back on. With a sigh he stepped into the now hot shower and turned his back to the spray. He leaned his head back into the running water and let the stream run through his hair and down his face.

When he stepped out of the bathroom, Baekhyun was greeted with the sound of his phone ringing. He bolted past Chanyeol's room and the kitchen into his room with a death grip on his towel. He grabbed the phone on the fourth ring.

"Hello?" Baekyun picked up without checking the number.

"Hello, is this Byun Baekhyun?" A young man asked.

"Yes, this is."

"My name is Do Kyungsoo, I make music under the name D.O., I hope you don't mind me calling; I got your number from the radio station. I saw a video of you singing and was wondering if you could come in to my studio? I'm looking for someone to collaborate with.

" . . . hello?"

Baekhyun forgot to speak.

"Oh, sorry!" He finally replied. "Yes, I would like that very much. When and where would you like to meet?"

 

Sehun's steps were cautious, his gaze constantly moved around him, despite the fact that he was in the hallway alone. It was a small, forgotten section of the school; an offshot of the main building. He didn't know what it was orignally used for, but now it was mostly storage. And it was the place he went to find find solace, alone. He stood with his back to a door and held his breath. With one last check, he opened the door and backed in. He

Please log in to read the full chapter