Dangerous Allies (Extended)

It Began With a Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo felt his mouth go dry and his head throbbed with a pulse that somehow had shot up to engulf his eardrums. He could feel them; two were quickly approaching the door and he attempted to brace himself. Were they friends or foes? He watched Sehun creep up to the door and tried to sit up, tried to call out to the younger, but the world began to spin. Kyungsoo slumped back into the couch. Kai took a step forward, but retreated with another glare from Sehun.

A knock broke the silence. Sehun jumped back a step and looked over to Kyungsoo, wide-eyed and with shaking hands. Kyungsoo swallowed and nodded.

Sehun took a breath and opened the door.

On the other side of the door was a boy with light gold hair and puppy eyes, behind him stood a tall, lanky young man with elven ears that peeked out from fluffy, red-brown hair.

The puppy-eyed blink wide-eyed at Sehun. "Um, are you Do Kyungsoo?"

"Huh? Ah, no. I'm Oh Sehun, Kyungsoo-hyung's assistant." Sehun replied with a bow.  "Are you Byun Baekhyun?"

"Yes, I'm Byun Baekhyun." The puppy-eyed boy bowed in return. "This is my best friend, Park Chanyeol." He gustured behind him towards the taller boy.

"Um . . . hello." Chanyeol greeted with a short bow.

"Sehun?" Kyungsoo called.

"Oh, um, right." Sehun stepped aside and gestured towards the pair. "Please come in."

 

Baekhyun took a breath and stepped into the room, Chanyeol right behind him. He could feel his pulse quicken; his palms began to sweat and he unconsciously rubbed his hands on his jeans. He bit his lip and peered around Sehun, his mind blank to all the questions he pictured himself asking as early as 12 hours before.

Do Kyungsoo lay on a black leather couch barely two meters from him. He gazed at Baekhyun under a fluff of black hair with large eyes that held a generous amont of whites. Add on his round cheeks, heart-shaped lips and small frame, Baekhyun began to wonder if this was the infamous D.O., or if he had just met his younger brother.

Baekhyun blinked at him, "I'm sorry, is this a bad time?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. "No, I just needed a moment, I'm . . ."

"Hyung is anemic." Sehun cut in. 

"Oh."

"I'll be fine, I just needed to rest a bit." Kyungsoo sat up and bowed. "I'm Do Kyungsoo."

"I'm Byun Baekhyun." He replied with a bow. "This is my friend and roomate, Park Chanyeol."

When Baekhyun rose, he noticed that Chanyeol hadn't bowed back. Instead, he stared wide-eyed at another person in the room. A tall young man with tan skin and wavy black hair.

"Chanyeol?"

"I know you." He said towards the stranger, but his voice was barely above a whisper. "You were in my dream."

 

London, England

She gave the password at the door and was immediately escorted down a hall of walls made from exve dark wood and gold. Her shiny black pumps concrasted the plush wine-coloured carpeting and her equally black hair was set in its signature low-set bun. She pulled silver faux fur shawl over the spaghetti straps of her burgendy silk gown. Her gazed locked straight ahead while she walked with the security guard.

Along her right were a series of doors that led to small rooms that owned doors that opened to shady deals and shadier clients. Anything from possesions, real estate and even human beings were peddled in those rooms. The wasn't much the Merchants didn't deal for their country-sized bank accounts to expand on.

Needless to say, she didn't care for this place very much.

The security guard paused and opened a door at the end of the long hallway.

She gave a nod and thanked him.

The room opened up to a space that would seem too larg from the hallway it connected to. Ten casino-style tables took up most of the space in the room's center, a bar streched out across th

Please log in to read the full chapter