Cat Sitter (Seungyoon)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

 

 

The sound of hurried footsteps rustles through the empty hall, and you pay no attention to it as you push the door of your apartment open. It’s been a long day and coming home was the only thing you looked forward to. You were still by the doorway, midway of toeing your shoes off before someone dodges you abruptly from behind. The sudden move sends you staggering into your apartment, and you turn around to see the guy that lives across the hall– in your apartment.

“What the hell?” You gasp, frozen in place feeling like your heart might just fly out.

“I’m so so sorry!” He whispers loudly, bowing a few apologies as he kicks the door shut, “I swear, I’ll explain later ­­­­– but please let me stay here for a sec.”

He had his hands full, carrying two pet carriers and a rather stuffed backpack slung to his front. It was a different sight as the few times you’ve bumped into him, he’d usually have a guitar case attached to the hip. Settling the carriers on the floor, he scurries back to glue his ear to the door as he listens in for whatever it was.

It was in that moment you heard a stifled meow… or two.

“Are those…?” You were whispering then, wide eyed because you’re finally on board. The complex here strictly forbid pets and you realize that he’s got not one but possibly more hidden in those carriers.

He nods too quickly, as he continues to listen for something on the other side of the door. He did look like he’d been running for dear life, flushed cheeks and all ­­­­– messy hair that almost covered his eyes.  

“Oh, thank god.” He sighs out of relief, sliding down against the door to hug his lanky legs.  

“Look, I don’t know what’s going on but–”

“They’re doing a routine check up or whatnot and I’ve been warned twice, I left my keys–”

That was when you sneezed, and again, and again.

“I’m sorry but–” You sniffle, feeling your eyes water and finding it hard to breathe.

“Holy – are you allergic to cats?” He got to his feet briskly, almost tripping on his untied shoe laces.  You nod as you heave for air, tapping your chest as you take a few steps back away from him.

Everything was a blur then. You remember him dragging you out of there and quite possibly road racing towards the nearest emergency, almost running a red light along the way. He was ranting something about Minho and Taehyun, and how he might as well switch his occupation to a cat sitter and actually get paid for this.

“Kang Seungyoon?” The nurse chirps gently as she peeks from between the curtains. Assuming it was a mistake, you gave her a blank stare because it certainly wasn’t you.  She walks over to you anyway, checking your vitals once again.

“You need to be more careful next time, Seungyoon-sshi.” You shoot her a frown, clearly she’s got you mixed up with someone else.

“Seungyoon?”

Your neighbour appears from nowhere, still as breathless from the last time you remember. He scoots closer to you, an awkward smile on his face as he greets the nurse before you.

“They asked for your name but I’m sorry I have no idea what it is, so I sort of used mine?”  He rasps close to your ear, a part of you felt sorry because he looks so beat, “So uh– it would be great if you told me what it is?”

You look back at him as he fidgets for your answer. He laughs seeing the look on your face, “I mean– so I could get your meds and all? It’s the least I could do seeing how I almost killed you back there.” 

 

~