Headlines (Mino)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: See request here!

*Do take note that I have no idea what and how dating goes for both companies (YG and JYP), so forgive me if it sounds off. Happy reading~


“That was perfect.”

“Are you sure? Let’s do it one more time-”

“Trust me.” Minho laughs, because that was what you said the past umpteenth time and jeez it was perfect the first time round, just like you are.

You’d always been picky when it comes to recording for your own songs. So it was hard to tone down, especially not when you’re doing a song in collaboration with one of YG’s talented rapper, Mino of WINNER.

He’d been surprisingly chill about it, which was not something you were used to. Mostly anyone that worked with you were on their wits end, taking breaks a little too often. But Minho sat by the control room, so very patiently, taking on your every request without a complaint.

It was because he knew that anyone that had the privilege to work with you never had disappointing results. Plus, he definitely didn’t mind spending more time than necessary with you. It had been a couple of months, but it was adorable how you were oblivious to how he feels about you.

“Wow, her voice is just-”

Minho spins around to see Seungyoon leaning against the table, not quite sure how long the leader has been in here. He had his focus on you the whole time after all.

“She raps too, can you believe that?” Minho chuckles, running his hands to the back of his neck.

“Man, JYP got it good.” Seungyoon quirks a brow, nodding with a smile as you waved him a hello. “How’s it coming?”

“We just wrapped up actually-”

“Yah, I mean you and her.” Seungyoon gave him a cheeky grin, still looking at you through the recording booth. You have no idea why he looked so excited, so you returned him with a smile just as wide. “She’s cute, I see why you’ve been tripping.”

Minho smacks him the the shoulder, “I have not and stop staring, you .”

“Explain why you walked into a closed door this morning.”

“I pulled an all night-”

“You used the LADIES rest room the other day.”

“You did?” Your voice brought a halt to the bickering, and you were met with two clueless faces as you stepped out.

“It was an honest mistake.” Minho glares at Seungyoon, who looked a little to entertained.

“If only you were as honest with your feelings-”

“I’ll walk you out.” Minho got on his feet in a flash, taking your hand as he passed Seungyoon hurriedly. 

“What was that about?” You ask, he was literally dragging you out of there. “Minho, hold up.”

He turns around to face you, and the only thing your eyes were set on was how his hand was still clenched to yours.

“Oh, sorry. I just-” He was in a bit of a hurry to realize such thing, letting go of you as soon as he saw the look on your face.

“What about me and you?”

“Huh?”

“I heard you and Seungyoon, I’m sorry I wasn’t snooping or anything, but I could hear everything.” You laughed softly, and his eyes must have doubled in size.

“Oh god.” He wanted to bang his head onto the adjacent wall, the mic must have been on when Seungyoon came in. Minho could almost hear the little cheer out in victory.

 

~

 

Minho grabs onto the door knob, poking his head in as he inhales a much needed breath of fresh air. Fresh air as in air outside of CEO Yang’s office that is. To think that having debuted years ago would have made it any easier. But being in that room, made him feel like he was still a trainee waiting to be scolded.

“Good lord.” He sighs, still by the doorway of the studio.

“So I guess today’s the day, kids.” Jinwoo announces, rubbing his hands over his knees in a jest. “Did he forgive you?” Referring back to that prophecy during their WINNER TV days where apparently, CEO Yang would never forgive Minho if he ever got himself into a scandal.

“Hyung, please.” Minho treads in, slumping onto the nearest chair as the boys shifted around him.

“So?”

“I just need to keep it down, since she’s in JYP and all.” He says flatly, “But seriously, how could they just conclude that we’re an item. It’s completely baseless!”

“Only that you are an item, you idiot.” Seunghoon snorts, “Besides those pictures-”

“What pictures?” Minho snaps from his seat, eyes wide. “Hyung, what pictures?”

“Yah- you didn’t see it?” Seunghoon’s tone fell to a serious one, digging his hand into his pockets for his phone.

Minho was high-strung, his mind playing out all sorts of possibilities. He knows how terrible the media could be, how cruel people could get. His heart dropped seeing photos of you and him snapped outside the building, there were ones that were enough for people to assume that you both were a couple. And it wasn’t just on one occasion, but plenty.

All Minho could think about was you, he could care less about what people were saying about him. Did you know about this? Did you read the comments? Please, tell me you didn’t.

“What are people saying?” He stood up, pacing the studio as he searched for his keys.

“Oh man, Minho-”

“, don’t tell me. I need to see her.” Minho threw on his jacket, a hat, sunglasses, anything, he didn’t want to be seen right now.

“Hyung, I don’t think that’s-” Taehyun warns, stopping halfway as the rapper sprinted out of sight.

 

~

 

“Oh god, oh god. Thank you.” You see Minho race towards you, his breath quick against your ears as he takes you into his arms.

“For…?” You slid your hands up his back, pulling him closer, because, hell it worried you seeing him this way.

“For being okay, I thought-” His voice deep, strained against his throat.

“I’m okay, Minho… but are you?” You gently grabbed his arm, pulling back to see him. His thick eyebrows furrowed, and you reach out to run over them with one finger.

“I am now.” He lets out that smile of his, and it warms you instantly.

“You do know I’m used to these kinds of things.” You say, “I know none of that is true.”

“None? Even the headlines?” Minho gazes at you softly, and the bold letters officially dating flashed before your eyes. It was all over the internet this morning, you’d almost choked on your morning coffee.

“What headlines?” You tease, it was fair enough seeing how he’d never asked you properly.

Minho catches that playful glint in your eyes, and his heart skipping a beat, just like it always would when you’re around.