Some Way (Seungyoon)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: You’re at a house party and it’s time to clean up the mess. You realize you’re left alone with Seungyoon who is fast asleep on the couch, with his guitar.

This was a request, I hope this is what you had in mind, anon ^^~

 


One by one, people were starting to leave and to be completely honest, you were slightly glad. You were quietly executing the most efficient way to clean this mess, if that’s even remotely possible, whilst simultaneously holding up a conversation with your guests… the past hour. The party had pretty much died down as it started to get late, and people dispersed away from the living room, mostly outside to get some fresh air. You trailed around in what was left of the living room, sighing to yourself, still trying to figure out where and how to even begin.

As you stood there scanning the place, your eyes fell on a figure, sleeping so soundlessly your mind failed to comprehend how he could actually fall asleep in the midst of all that noise. He had one arm over his head and the other wrapped around his guitar, you let out a smile, feeling your cheeks flush at a memory not long before. You had left the living room for a few minutes or so and came back with a refill for the chips that were quite popular, relieved that you bought a few extra. Hearing a familiar tune being played somewhere amongst the group of people, you hummed along as you walked into the kitchen. You continued to sing along with each strum as you filled the empty bowl, absorbed in your own cloud of thoughts you didn’t realize that you were the only one left singing.

“Shh… let her finish.” Seungyoon whispered, clearly amused with a grin on his face. He found you terribly cute as you mumbled away the lyrics that you had forgotten, but persisted to carry on anyway. With a bowl in your hands, you turned around to see all eyes on you and it finally dawned on you- oh .

“Go on!” He mouths, you see him circled around your friends strumming along, waiting for you to finish the rest of the song.

“I’ve done enough damage.” You chuckled nervously, almost tripping over your own foot. Seungyoon frowns, shaking his head in a protest. Flustered, you grab a handful of whatever it was in that bowl, stuffing your mouth full. He lets out a laugh at the sight of your reaction, can I just put you in my pocket?

Not wanting to wake him up, you were careful not to step on any plastic cups, proceeding to pick up the remaining ones that scattered around the room. It felt silly having to tiptoe around in your own house, but who are you kidding, the boy looks dead tired, literally. It soon ended when you just had to let out a sneeze, which you tried so hard to keep down, you felt your ears sting.

“Bless you…” You hear a murmur coming from where Seungyoon was.

“I’m sorry… go back to sleep.” You whispered as you stood up with your hands full. He rubbed his eyes as he swung his lanky legs off the sofa, his other arm hugging his guitar, still. Squinting, he looked around the room, you smiled seeing him unaware of the state his dark hair was in. Realizing that you have been cleaning up, he stood up, his shirt crinkled from his sleep.

“No no- Yoon, don’t do that.” You blurt out as he begins to pick up the rest of the cups for you.

“You shouldn’t be cleaning this alone, I’m sorry-” He laughs softly, guilty for falling asleep.

“It’s okay, really.” You gave him a smile as you walked up to him, taking the trash away. “Long day?” You asked as you gently pushed him down to sit on the sofa. You and Seungyoon have been friends for years, but even then it wasn’t that often you get to spend time with him. Your friendship with him was unconventional. “Spill it. What’s going on between you and Seungyoon?” “It’s… complicated.” It wasn’t strange to not hear from him considering how busy he is, but once in a while you’d see your phone flash his name,

“Hello?”

“Hey.”

“Seungyoon-ah, you okay?”

“Yeah- yes.”

“You don’t sound like it…”

“Listen, can you just talk for a while?”

“What about?”

“Just… anything. I don’t mind.”

You would talk for ages, losing track of time and all you would hear on the other line was his breathing, soft chuckles and the occasional yeah. He’d listen to you talk about your day and you wondered how he never seemed to get bored, ending the call abruptly with a small thank you, I have to go now, I’ll call you back? Which could be the day after, or maybe even the month after. 

“Mmhm…” Seungyoon mumbled a yes in response to your question. He had his hands through his hair, pushing them back to see you better as he sat down.

“You didn’t have to come, you know that.” You sighed, sitting on the table across him.

“You’re already that bored of me, hm?” He looks at you with a smile, sleepy eyed.

“No- it’s not that.” Is that even possible? “I’m just saying, you should rest when you have the time.” Your voice quiet as you study his face, feeling sorry for him.

“I am.” He looks at you, wondering when you’ll ever figure it out. It was the same for him too, how the sight of you could sooth him but bring him to his toes at the same damned time. His knees that poked through his ripped jeans collided with yours as he fidgets in his seat. Startled at the touch of his skin, you shifted away. Biting the inside of your cheeks, you laughed to yourself, oh god, get a hang of it, will you please. Amused at your reaction, he slipped his thighs on either side of your knees, locking them together.

“Hey! What-” You stammered, his full lips burned as he bit them, forcing down a laugh. 

“You’ve been avoiding me all night, it’s annoying.” He breathed through his teeth, as he struggles to keep you in place.

“I have not-” You stared at him, eyes wide. He didn’t actually notice this?

“You so were. So much, you didn’t even want to sit next to me.” You laughed at how sulky he was, almost like a child.

“It’s not my fault, I’ll tell you that.”  You said quietly. He perks, locking his eyes with yours.

“What do you mean?” He was flustered all of a sudden, he fixed your skirt that rode up your thighs, revealing just enough. Lord, this won’t do. Grabbing his jacket quickly, he covered your legs entirely. Your cheeks flushed at his behaviour,

“Nothing.” You laughed anxiously, crossing your arm to grab your shoulder. Seungyoon, found it hard not to stare, unsure if he’s seeing things or not. At that moment, it seemed like it was just you and nothing else. He felt like his heart was about to burst out of his chest, crazy for even thinking you felt the same way. But you did. Even if you both never brought it up, some how, some way, you both knew.