Not So Bad (Seunghoon)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Seunghoon peeled his eyes off the TV screen at the sound of rattling keys against the door. He jumped off the couch, eager to greet you like a lost puppy.

“There she is!” He exclaimed, delighted as ever.

“Hoon, hey…” You let out a faint smile, he noticed your glum expression as you dropped the mass of stuff you had with you onto the floor.

“Did some douche come in when your shift was supposed to end?” He asked, trailing behind you into the kitchen. You’d been juggling school work with your part time job at the local cafe. And seeing you this worn out, Seunghoon wished you’d cut yourself some slack.

You said nothing, he was right anyway, you did stay behind, working overtime when a bunch of rude teenagers decided to dine in a few minutes before closing time. But this was the least of your worries, if anything you should be thankful for the extra pay, you needed it.

You feel Seunghoon rest his arms on your shoulders, tipping his chin on top of your head comfortably. It wouldn’t usually bother you, how much of a stranger your boyfriend is to the concept of personal space. He towered over you, taking up all the space he needed, be it the bed, the sofa, you name it. “You’re unnecessarily long that’s why!” “Hey- at least I can feed myself with that cereal on the top shelf.”

“Why the long face?” He laughed, “It can’t be me, I’m an absolute delight to be around.”

Seunghoon was all wit and charm, something that never fails to consume you with all sorts of amusement but tonight, your head was elsewhere, you were tired, tired of worrying so much.

Your silence persisted, and he grabs you, swiftly lifting you up. This would often throw you into fits of giggles and foolish smiles, as he tickled you off your feet.

“Get off me, please.” Your voice cracked as you pleaded, grabbing his fingers, yanking them off you. Seunghoon stared at you as you walked away, dumbfounded by your unusual reaction.

He heard the bedroom door close, and he stood there contemplating if he should follow you in. It was strange, it wasn’t the usual greeting he’d expect from you considering how it would be you that waited for him to come home. He knew then that something serious must have been bothering you, but you had this irritating tendency to keep things like these from him. “I don’t want to worry you, you’ve got other things in your mind.” “Of course I do, it’s you.”

Seunghoon saw you by the closet, your sweater over your head as you undressed. He observed from a distance, how your shoulders dropped, exhausted. The pendant of the necklace he gave you, hung in between your shoulder blades, your hair falling over it as you tugged your hair loose.

You shuddered at his sudden touch by the sides of your arm, turning you around gently to face him. He pulled your shirt down, taking the hoodie, his, you had in your hands, dressing it over you as you stood staring at him. He’d gone quiet, which was a rare sight.

“What’s wrong?” You’d expected to hear this from him sooner or later.

“Nothing.” He’d answered from himself, this idiot knew you better than you do yourself.

“Why did you even ask if you knew?”

“I’m asking because I don’t,” He scanned your tired face, seeing darker circles that framed your pretty eyes, “What is it?”

“I’m failing a class, Seunghoon-ah.” You said quietly, “Midterm grades were out this morning.”

“You’re not usually this worked up over your grades-”

“I might have to retake the god damn class.” You raked your fingers through your hair, “I can’t afford to extend another semester!”

“I can.” You looked at him, and he had that smile on his face.

“What?”

“Afford it.”

This was a sensitive topic and he knew it, which was why he saw that smack to his side coming. He forced down a laugh as you brushed past him, catching you curse under your breath.

“You’re working extra shifts, waiting tables when you can use that time to focus on your studies. I don’t see anything wrong-”

“There’s nothing wrong with making a living.” You snapped back, “I told you before, I can’t, I don’t want to owe you that much.”

“You don’t owe me anything.” He took a few strides towards you, “You’re not just someone, you do know that right?” 

“It’s a lot of money, Hoon. You work hard, and you deserve to spend it for yourself.”

“You’re right, but you won’t let me!” He cried out, “Good god, I didn’t think it was this hard. Are we still going to bicker who’s buying what when we’re old and grey, with walking sticks and whatnot?”

His words took you back, you bit your lip fighting a smile. Seunghoon had his ways with you, you could only stay mad at him only for so long.

“You’re planning to stay with me for that long?”

“I can’t believe it myself, considering how much work I have to do to get through that hard head of yours.” He rolled his eyes as he sighed.

“Why would you? It seems like you have more complaints than-”

“Because I love you, you idiot.”

You couldn’t contain the fuzzy feelings that crept from within, suppressing a smile as you laughed quietly.

“I’m supposed to be mad right now, but you’re cute as hell when you smile.” He grinned sheepishly back at you.

How can I not love you, Lee Seunghoon?

“I kind of love you too.” You muttered, not giving in just yet.

“Kind of?!” He gaped, before hurling himself towards you as you ran off, avoiding him. It didn’t take him long to get a hold of you with those legs of his.

“Okay! Fine- Hoon!” He took you into his hold, hands firm on your waist. Hooking his chin on the curve of your neck,

“Will you at least consider it?” His breath tickled your skin, and you feel that flutter at the pit of your stomach.

“I love you, why would I consider-”

“Yah, I know that. I mean your tuition.”

“How am I supposed to pay you back, it would take me a lifetime-”

“A lifetime with you doesn’t sound so bad.” He smiled to himself, tilting his head to give you a kiss.