Study Buddy (Mino)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: Soo this was a request! Click (here)


“Oppa!”

“Hey! It’s been a while.”

“Yeah- finals.” You frown pulling a face as Jinwoo pulls you into a tight hug.

“Ah yes, so I’ve heard.” He chuckles, making a fist as he mouths fighting!

“Where’s everyone?” You ask as you scan the place. It’s not everyday that you come to their dorm but you were perfectly aware the state that it’s always in- what is this smell?

“Hey- there’s no need to do that.” Jinwoo pulls you by the strap of your bag when he sees you pick up stuff that should really- be thrown out. “Ya- you do this every time you come!” You hear him laugh, grabbing you by the shoulders this time.

“I guess this is the price to pay for those award winning albums, hm?” You squish your face in disbelief- “Oppa, there’s trash everywhere.” You cry out a whisper.

“MINHO-AH.”

“Arraseo, arraseo!” You sigh, giving in because who are you kidding, a clean place won’t last very long when it’s with these boys. Jinwoo lets out a chuckle seeing you this concerned, glad that Minho has someone like you. 

“He’s been waiting for you.” Jinwoo smiles at you, motioning his head towards Minho’s room. You wonder if that was possible because you know he’s been busy working on their new album, hence why you were here. He had insisted that you come over, do your studying with him, swearing that he won’t be a distraction… or vice versa.

You make your way towards his room, slowly, because Jinwoo had mentioned that the rest were resting, worn out after their schedule the other night. The door to Minho’s room was closed shut, you knocked gently a few times but there was no response. You stood there contemplating on what to do next, not wanting to disturb him. Out of nowhere, you feel a pair of hands slip around your waist, startled you turn around only to hit your cheeks against his. Minho hooked his chin onto the small curve of your neck, the two of you stood there in the darkness of the hallway.

“You scared me.” You breathe, nudging your elbows towards him. He lets out a soft chuckle, not saying anything as he opens the door for you. You can tell he had somewhat cleaned the room for you, but it was hard to miss how occupied everything was. Minho was still wrapped around you, clinging like a koala as he shuts the door behind him. You wriggled to face him, and your eyes widened as you adjust at the sight of him. His hair, unruly, had grown longer the last time you saw him, eyes puffy from lack of sleep, dark circles behind his round frames. “Did you sleep?” You ask, poking his cheeks.

“What’s that?” He bit his smile, despite everything you spot that twinkle in his eyes as he looks at you. You shot him a look, a frown on your face. “Where do you want to sit?” He gives your forehead a peck, ignoring your question. Peeling yourself off him, you look around and-

“It’s not like I have any choice besides the floor.” You laugh quietly, and he pulls you with him towards his desk, guiding you onto his lap as he sat down. “Minho-ah, I won’t be studying anything at this rate.” You say, placing one arm over his shoulder, your hand behind his neck.

“Just have a listen, tell me what you think.” His voice quiet as he grins, unplugging his headphones.

“Is that okay? I mean like- is that allowed?” You pull back to face him and he scoffs at your expression.

“It’s mine.” He turns away, clicking here and there as he sets up the track. He pulls you in closer, leaning his head against your arm as the track started. You smile to yourself, because honestly you were taken aback at how he wants you to listen to something he had worked so hard for and it’s not like you were an expert at it. You were hooked instantly and it was no surprise because this is what he does best. Minho looks up at you as you bobbed quietly without realizing it, a smile formed on his lips. The track included a brief phone call between presumably two lovers and a familiar voice appeared, Hello?

You hit pause almost immediately.

“Is that me?” Your eyes wide, titling your head to look at him better. Minho gave you a small nod, amused. “How?” You whisper, because clearly you don’t remember going to a studio and recording anything of some sort.

“It’s a recording of our phone call, that’s why the quality’s a bit- But I wanted you to listen because of this, if you don’t want to then I’ll have someone else to do it. Don’t worry it won’t pass any further than hello.” He his lips, staring at you waiting for your response.

“No- I mean, yes that’s okay?” You let out a breathless laugh, brushing your fingers through your hair. Minho sighs out of relief, catching him say thank you. Your stomach fluttered, the fact that he wants you take part into something that means a lot to him. You’d always brush him off when he says that it’s you he talks about in his lyrics, but this-

“Don’t-” He rasps, tugging your hands away from his neck. You hadn’t realize you’ve been brushing your thumb idly across his skin. You look at him sheepishly, shuffling to stand up.

“Okay, I’ll leave you to it.” You straightened your shirt but only to have him grab you back to him. “Minho-ah, you promised.” You bit your lips, fighting a smile. He looks at you with those damned eyes of his, frankly it was hard to say no. “I have one more exam coming up, I’ll go back if you won’t let go, I swear.” You pursed your lips, barely standing your ground. He pouts slightly, and you wanted nothing more than to shower him with your embrace, but you know that won’t get you anywhere.

“Fine.” He shifts towards his bed, gathering his stuff away. “But not on the floor, is the bed okay?”

“Yeah.” Not if you’re anywhere near it.

 

~

 

Your eyes ache, having to bore them into hoards of texts for the past hour or so. Rolling over to your side, you pressed your cheeks onto his sheets. Everything smelled of him, and you couldn’t help but smile because it calms your spinning thoughts. You sneak a peek, and you see him hunched with his headphones on, scribbling something once in a while. Pulling out your phone, you scroll through your timeline pausing to giggle at one or two cat videos every now and then. This went on for quite some time, you didn’t realize that Minho was standing over you.

“If only they told me studying was this fun.” He muses.

“Hey, just so you know I’ve covered the syllabus.” You squint at him, slightly flustered at his sudden presence. “I’m bored.” You groan, burying your face into his pillow. Minho couldn’t believe his ears, how much exactly have you done to be this bored?

“Me too.” His voice, husky and inches from your ears. Perplexed, you shift away from him who seemed awfully close. You blink at him, who happened to have occupied the space next to you.

“Well find something to do, because I need to do this.” You propped yourself up, reaching out for a textbook.

“Sure you do.” He rolls his eyes, biting back a smile as he moves closer to you. “What is it that’s so funny, you’re brushing me off?” Minho pokes his head, glancing towards your phone. You mumble a quiet nothing, clearly distracted by the lack of distance between the two of you. You turn to look at him, and he looked beat this close.

“You should rest, Minho-ah.” Your eyes drift across his face, you reach out to brush his cheeks.

“I am.” He hums, tilting his head into your palm. He reaches for your hand, intertwining his fingers into yours.