Polly Who? (Taehyun)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

 

 

It was a routine, like getting your morning dose cup of coffee, the scratching sound coming from your front door never fails to greet you, almost like an alarm.

“Morning.” You didn’t know why you bothered with the greeting, since the cat would just prance into your apartment like it owns the place. No, scratch that, it was cat. You wonder why humans choose to pet such rude things, when they clearly would leave you for someone who has better food to offer, like this particular one for example.

A few days after you moved into the complex, you came home to the adorable thing, sitting outside your door and it was a lie if you said you hadn’t fallen for it, the way it was staring at you with those big, round eyes. Ever since then, it would come by your place to have its morning snack that you’d leave by your door.

You squat next to the bowl, the cat behind its ears, ignoring you as it continues to lap up the canned food. It’s been a while and you still can’t figure out who the owner was- who clearly was oblivious to the fact that their cat likes to mooch off you for food. 

“Have you been feeding Polly?” You jump at the voice, almost hitting your head against the kitchen counter.

Realization hits you, because it was that voice. The one that would randomly fleet alongside the strumming of a guitar through the corridor and you would often find yourself standing outside just to listen, because- whoa, that’s a pretty impressive voice you got there, stranger.

“Polly, who-” You stop midway, because stranger here looks impressive too. He had his fingers through his blonde parted hair, eyebrows almost drooping as he frowns. “More like have you been feeding Polly?”

“No wonder she’s getting so heavy lately.” He snorts a laugh, “How long has she been coming here?”

“Uhm, three months-”

“Three months?!” He looks at you wide eyed, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Well, I tried asking who her human was but she’s not budging.” You nod convincingly, and he cracks a laugh rubbing his face with both hands, embarrassed.

“Oh god, Polly.” He sighs, kneeling down to pet her, still occupied with her minced tuna.

“She eats more than me.” You joke, leaning to her back.

“Yeah? How many meals do I owe you then?” He chuckles, eyes disappearing into a smile of their own.

“I don’t even know your name.” You say, taken aback. Is he asking me out?

“It’s Taehyun, and you?”

 

~