That's A Wrap: Part 2 (Mino)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

It was past four in the afternoon when Minho had called out of the blue. You were rushing back home, exhausted after a day’s work and just as you were leaving, your phone rang for what seemed like the hundredth time that day.

“Yes, hello?”

“Hey, about that table-”

“Ah! Is this the warehouse? I completely forgot to follow up on those stage sets. Is it possible to deliver them out tomorrow?”

The caller said nothing, only laughing in response.

“Hello?”

“You still haven’t saved my number?” You stop dead in your tracks as you fumble for your phone, reading the caller ID properly this time, Song Minho.

“I did! I’m sorry my head was somewhere else. You were saying?” You huff, pinching the bridge of your nose, lord- how can you not recognize his voice?

“You owe me a meal, remember?”

You stood in front of the small cafe that you’d suggested, staring at your reflection persuading yourself that you looked somewhat decent. It’s not like this date- or whatever it is- was planned today right? Especially not when you just finished work, not when you’re supposed to be at home. You straightened the folded collar of your jacket that you had on over a shirt dress. A pair of flats would be more preferable than the sneakers you had on and you laughed to yourself for being so ridiculous because surely he won’t notice any of this.

But Minho did. He noticed everything only that he didn’t care so much of what you had on, because it didn’t matter. What mattered to him was the way you perked up at the sound of the bell ringing when he entered that cafe, and the way you light up when he greets you with a subtle wave. You seemed so carefree even when it was obvious that the day had worn you off.

“Here’s that table you’re so fussy about.” You chuckle, as he takes the seat across you.

“Hello to you too.” He lets out a smile, eyes bright. He’d shave off his hair, and you note how he looked rather- manlier? than usual. A plain dark t-shirt hung on him loosely, highlighting the curve of his shoulders and neck. Eh. Since when did you start noticing people this way?

“I’m sorry, you must’ve been busy.”

“You are too.” You say, pursing your lips together as you suppress a smile.

“I- you promised this, it would’ve been rude of me.” He chortles, and you roll your eyes at his accusation.

“Sure.” You snort, biting your lips as you pull over your glasses off your head. Your hair brushed over your ears, landing softly on the hook of your shoulders, and sure enough Minho didn’t mind so much at the sight before him.

 

~

 

Your eyes widened seeing yourself in the rest room mirror. Letting out a sigh as you brush your fingers through your unkempt hair, pulling it up into a bun. You make your way out into the dining hall, only to scurry back into the rest room when you realize that there was a fuss just outside the cafe. Fans of Minho had gathered, taking shots of him from behind the glass walls. He seemed like he was used to the whole situation as he kept his head low, fiddling with his phone and-

Him: Are you alright? You’re not cleaning in there are you…

It was a text message from him. Leaning back against the sink, you smile at his discreet concern.

You: Yes and no, I’m not cleaning! But, look outside? 

Him: I’m sorry about that, would you mind leaving first? I’ll follow you after.

You stare at his message for a little too long. Of course it would come to this, what other way is there to handle such situation? He was a known public figure after all and you know better than having your picture snapped with him, just the two of you, and no one else. You trail out into into the cashier, handing your card out towards the waitress,

“Table five? It’s already paid for, miss.” You lift your eyebrows out of surprise, and stole a glimpse towards where you had sat. Minho had his back towards you, still with his phone in hand. You bit back a smile, why would you pay for a meal that you insist I owe?

You walked briskly, passing the crowd of young girls, mentally agreeing to the thrilled screeching- Oh my is that really him? He’s so cute! Where do I sign up for this, holy hell. Oppa!

It’s been a block or two when you feel your phone vibrate, his name flashing across the screen.

“Hey… I’m so sorry about that.”

“That’s okay, I get how it is.”

“Where are you?”

“Hm, I’m not sure myself.” You’d wandered off just as you did in your own thoughts. You hear his laughter deep in his throat, “What is it?”

“You’re adorable.” You come to a pause, blinking towards the ground at what he just said. “Do you always stop in the middle of the road like that? It’s dangerous.”

“Huh?”  You took a quick scan around you, but he was no where in sight.

“I’m across the street, black car. Can you cross? I’ll take you home.”

You approach a black SUV parked a few meters ahead from where you were cautiously. Peering slightly by the passenger side, it was difficult to see who was inside through heavily tinted windows. One window rolls down, and you see Minho leaning against the steering wheel grinning like a child.

“Thank you, really. But I can get home-”

He leans over the passenger seat, swiftly opening the door for you as he  breathes out a stern please, let me take you. 

You shift, getting into the empty seat, closing the door shut. He looks at you, and you can almost see the pity in his eyes.

“Stop apologizing, please.” Cutting him off before he could say it himself, you breathe out a laugh as you straightened your dress.

“I shouldn’t have insisted-” He looked straight over the steering wheel, avoiding your eyes.

“You regret seeing me today?”

He turns to face you this time, taken aback at what he just heard.

“Are you kidding?” He asks, eyes wide as he forces down a laugh. Minho bends towards you, slowly, looking at you straight in the eye. It must’ve been a few seconds, but it felt endless. He got dangerously close, you could see the curve of his lash, the individual creases on the skin of his parted lips, and you could’ve sworn you almost let your lids close-

Click. 

The buckling sound of your seat belt pierced the moment, and you snapped out of your focus. He leans back, away from you and you could see that smirk hiding behind his lips. Minho had you wrapped around his fingers and he knew it. You scoffed almost too loudly, looking away to the window beside you. 

“What?” He asks, clearly amused.

“Just take me home.” You mumble, biting your lips, hiding your embarrassment.

“Is that all?” He looks away with a mischievous grin on his face, turning the wheel as he prods on the gas.

You shot him a look, rolling your tongue to the side of your cheek.

“You’re unbelievable.”