Home: Part 1 (Mino)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: Minho gets a call to find out that you’ve passed out, drunk. Panic-stricken, he rushes to get you.


Minho peels his eyes away from the fluorescent monitor as your name flashes across his phone. He lets out a faint smile, guilty for staying out this late. Stretching his aching back awake, he reaches out to answer your call.  

“Hey… I’ll be home-”

“Hello?”

Minho freezes as his eyes widened because it wasn’t your voice on the other line but a man, on your phone.

“Who is this?” Minho asks, his voice stern.

“I’m sorry to call you like this- I’d like to take her home-”

“What- take her home? Where is she?” The chair hits his desk as he stood abruptly. Minho stumbles around the studio, looking left and right for his jacket as panic floods his face.

“It’s not like that- but she passed out. I think she’s been drinking-”
The man on the other line seemed genuinely concerned, but this was not enough to reassure Minho because he just knows that you don’t drink, ever. His head pulsed playing all sorts of scenarios in his mind, she was okay this morning.

“Where is she- you? Hold on-” He breathes, struggling to connect his words into sentences as he yank the door open, brushing pass Seungyoon hurriedly.

“Where are you-” Seungyoon dismisses his question, a frown on his face as he sees the rapper disappear into the corner, out of sight.

 

~

 

Minho recognizes you immediately, slumped on one of the tables that were lined outside a convenience store. He curses under his breath as his eyes fell on an elderly man that sat across you, realizing how blunt he was being during the phone call earlier. Rushing over to your side, he bows as low as he could,

“I’m really sorry for the trouble, Sir- Thank you-” He rasps, catching his breath.

“Anytime- but she shouldn’t be out in this state, especially alone.” The man smiles at him as he stood up, tucking in the chair slowly.

“I understand, sir- I’m sorry but how did you find her?“ Minho sighs, hands through his hair.

“I was just leaving when she started calling me ‘dad’, I told her she has the wrong person, but she insisted. That’s when I noticed she- must have a bit too much to drink.” He lets out a quiet laugh. Minho crouches down to see you better, brushing your hair aside revealing your flushed cheeks. He sighs quietly, his chest throbbed seeing you in this state. “You must be family, your number was saved as ‘Home’.”

“Y-Yes- something like that.” Minho looks up hearing those words, taken aback. He stood up, bidding the man goodbye, thanking him one last time for staying with you. He turns back to you, biting back his distress.

“You could’ve been hurt-” He whisper as he fixes the collar of your coat. Thinking hard, did I miss something? The things the man had told him echoed through his mind, a mixture of feelings drifted inside him. He smiles at you, because you were the only one that had this much of an effect on him and it drives him insane. Unsure if he should be flattered at the fact that you call him home because you had called a random stranger your father. You’d always insisted that you were okay when it comes to your parents, but he knew that you were anything but I’m fine. He wonders how much you had to drink to actually be in this mess because clearly you don’t handle it very well.

“It’s you…” Startled, Minho snaps out of his thoughts as he hears you slur.

“Hi there… you had me worried sick, you know that?” He tilts his head to look at you as he your cheeks with his thumb.

“Hi mushroom-” Your voice cracked as you chuckle, ruffling the mushroom or so you thought, that was actually his hair. Smiling so hard your eyes disappeared, Minho couldn’t help but laugh because his haircut had been your favourite thing lately, maybe even more than him. He nudges his head towards you, hair tickling your cheeks. Your laughter dripped in alcohol, and upon hearing it Minho was convinced that he was just as intoxicated.

“Let’s get you home, okay?” He takes your bag, slinging it over himself. He fixes your loose scarf as he scans your face. You looked exhausted, the rings around your eyes are more visible, but even then Minho finds it hard to take his eyes off you. Is this how it feels for her when I’m like this? He feels a pang in his chest as he sees you try to fight whatever it was that bothered you, still trying to smile at him.

“I saw my father- I think he misses me.” You mumbled, placing your palms against his cheek. He flinches at your cold hands, taking them into his and you shiver at the sudden warmth.

“Of course he does, who wouldn’t?” He bit his lips as he smiles at you, he feels powerless as you grinned at him yet he sees your glassy eyes. “Hop on.” Minho stoops down, his back towards you. Like a child you eagerly clung onto him wrapping your self around his broad shoulders. He swiftly lifts you up, buckling his forearms firmly around your legs, your stature felt delicate against his. Minho feels your smile pressed on the back of his neck, and no matter how many times, he had to steady himself, feeling weak in the knees.

 

~

 

“No-no stay, don’t go.” You pleaded, arms outstretched. Minho stops, biting the inside of his cheeks fighting a smile. It’s not everyday that you’re this clingy, he’d assumed that you were so used to him being away that you had no reason to ever act this way. But… this was something different, and it was fascinating.

“I’m just getting you a glass of water, I’m not going-”

“Don’t leave me.” You whisper. Flustered, Minho walked over to sit in front of you. He was sure that this was the alcohol talking, because… well it’s you. You were the one who insisted him on joining new projects because- “If someone says you at it, they better fight me.” “But- I won’t be home that often.” “Minho-ah, go out there and show them how good you are. I’m not going anywhere.” Or you who’d be away on trips for your job, because you insist on working just- “Because I can that’s why. I can provide for myself just fine.”

“What makes you think that?” He breathes. You shift yourself on the bed, moving closer to him. His eyes wide, fixed on you as you face him dead straight. It irritated him that he couldn’t read your expression, he gulps as you blink at him, so close he could see his reflection in your bright eyes.

“You’re so handsome.” Your voice quiet, as you observe him out of pure curiosity. You pull yourself back, face stagnant. Minho found himself laughing, seeing you look at him like he’s a complete stranger.

“Hey- listen. Who am I?” He grabs both of your hands in his, and he smiles as your fingers curl up automatically. He sees you squint at him, hesitating.

“Minho- my Mino.” You let out a small smile, and he’s amazed at how you can make him fall for you all over again, harder each time.  You crawl into his lap, and he locks his thick thighs around you in response. Without saying a word, you bury your face into his neck, breathing him in.

“Do you want to talk about it?” His voice deep as he hums, you shook your head with a small no. “Maybe later then.” He agrees, you feel his hands on the back of your neck. “I’m here, I’m not leaving.”

You pull back, arms around his torso as you look up at him. “Can I kiss you?“

Minho stares at you in return, stunned at how unpredictable you are tonight. “You’re drunk, so no.” He says, poking your nose away, increasing that much needed distance, because honestly- being that close wasn’t helping the situation. But, you went for it anyway. Your lips collided with his, and you weren’t sure if it was the alcohol but it felt like your senses burst, delighted, it consumed every cell of your being. Minho feels your smile lingering, soft on his lips, and when you profess your love for him, he tasted every letter, as raw as it was.