That's A Wrap: Part 1 (Mino)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: This was a request (here), here it is anon :)


“Unnie… are you okay?”

“Hm?”

“Is the door locked? I mean you’ve been standing there for a while now.”

You stare at the girl before realizing that she’s the assistant director and that you’ve been spacing out instead of making your way into your own set.

“Oh. Yes- no I mean, it’s not locked.” You smile at her, trying your best to hide the anxiety that flooded you the entire morning. Turning down the lock, you open the door and motioned her in, before you. You took a deep breath, silently cursing at yourself to it up. Dear god, let me live. It wasn’t the first time a staff member had noticed how jittery you had been which was a major red light, because you’re the director for goodness sake. You’ve gone past the stage of regret in taking up this offer, thinking what in the world did you eat that evening to accept this job. Sure for someone your age, it’s quite a milestone the fact that you’ve directed plenty of music videos for well known artists, some even older than you were. You’ve come to the conclusion that the helpless fangirl in you must’ve possessed your decision to direct WINNER’s music video for their latest single.

“Hello, I’m Minho, we’ll be partners for this video.” You see him bow slightly, a sheepish smile on his face. You stood there startled by his sudden introduction, not that you didn’t know who he was.

“No- Minho-sshi, I mean on your right. You’ve got our director there.” A staff member had called out and Minho gasps silently, embarrassed at his mistake which you found adorable to be quite honest. Not to mention that he looks more handsome in person.

“Hello- and I think you mean our actress here.” You let out a small smile, maintaining your composure as you introduced him to the right person.

“I’m sorry, you just look the part.” His cheeks flushed red and you pursed your lips together trying so hard to keep it together. You blinked at him, unsure of what to respond to what the rapper had said.

“That’s okay.” You gave a tight lipped smile, and rushed off to the work station, regretting your behaviour almost immediately. That’s okay? That was definitely NOT okay, I’m not okay. You knew that you weren’t being yourself, letting out a heavy sigh as you approached the staff members.

“Is everything set?” You ask, eyes searching the entire place.

“Yes, the rest of the boys should be out of the fitting room any minute now. The lighting, is it okay now?”

You spent the remaining time making sure if everything was in place, answering questions here and there before it was finally time to shoot. The boys had greeted you and your staff warmly as expected, and you wanted to give yourself a pat on the shoulder for not collapsing on the spot.

“Right, lets wrap this up before it gets dark shall we. Work hard, everyone!” You chime, clapping your hands together, your voice tinged with authority.All eyes were on you, and you decided to keep it professional from there onwards and get it together. You knew perfectly well that this will end way past night time, but there was no harm in setting a goal just so everyone knew how serious you were. You noticed that Minho had been stealing glances your way, and you feel your ears heating up every time you caught him. You’d assume that he was still caught off guard by the incident earlier, just as you were.

 

~

 

“Cut!” You call out for the third time this time. “Come over and have a look at this?” You waved your hands over to the boys, after wrapping up a scene that focused on Seunghoon. “Seunghoon-sshi does this perfectly, you see how he looks at her that way?” You say, feeling guilty at the same time for being so fussy. Seunghoon bursts into a celebratory dance of his own, flattered as you praised him. They had so much energy even after a whole day of filming, it didn’t feel so exhausting. You let out a laugh, and Minho had noticed how carefree you’ve gotten compared to earlier today. He found it difficult to not stare so much, but your attitude towards everyone else on set was so admirable to him, he found himself smiling like a fool.

“Minho-ah, you’ve got that perfect look right now!” Seungyoon calls out to him, and he realizes he was looking at you, and you at him. Snapping out of it, he rubs the back of his neck as he laughs nervously.

“What are you on about?” Minho had washed off the charisma he had moments ago, and he was fidgeting like a child. You bit back a smile, tucking your hair behind your ears as you looked away.

“One more shot of you guys, and it’s a wrap.” You clear your throat, placing the headphones over your ears as you ignore that buzz at the pit of your stomach.

 

~

 

You were gathering your things together, getting ready to leave the set. You had been so occupied the entire day that you finally remembered the only thing you had today was breakfast. It was way past dinner time, a smile escaped your lips as you list down all things you’d definitely eat once you get home. You hear a soft knock on the door, and you utter a quiet come in.

“Excuse me, we have a lot of these outside-” You turn around instantly at the sound of the familiar voice, and you see Minho standing by the door holding out a box of some sort. Was he always this tall?

“Uhm, what is it exactly?” You let out a small laugh, dazed as you stare right back at him.

“Oh. Yeah- it’s a snack box, our fans sent a food truck.” He laughs in response, and you couldn’t help but notice the distance between the two of you. As if taking a few steps towards him might break something, you felt like your feet were glued to the ground.

“Ah those… That’s awesome.” You shuffle your bag over your coat, struggling to hold his gaze. 

“Yeah- don’t go just yet. I mean, you can also have this on your way back.” Is he flustered? 

“Do you want me to stay?” You pursed your lips together, suppressing a smile. He looks at you, dumbfounded by your question. “Or yeah, I can just have it on my way back.” You finally say, because it didn’t seem like he was going to answer you anytime soon. Minho walks over to you, but stopping half way only to sit down on the floor, crossing his legs as he opens the box. 

“Have this first?” He beams at you, and you didn’t think that it was possible to say no. You slid your bag away, settling it on the ground as you sat across him. He looks at you, and you can see his eyes scanning your face.

“Yes?” You ask quietly as you unwrap the food he had offered.

“Nothing.” His eyes wide, and he gave you a smile. He certainly knows how to grab your attention with those eyes of his, you wonder how he manages to pull a different image when he performs. You offer him some food and he shook his head, “I’ve already had three of these. Eat a lot.” He chuckles softly. “I’m sorry maybe next time, I’ll take you somewhere where there’s a table.”

“Next time?” Is he asking me out?

“Sure, I’d love too.” He grins at you, impressed at himself.

“Smooth.” You laughed breathlessly, and Minho was definitely sure that he wouldn’t mind hearing that sound again, completely smitten.