Just Enough (Mino)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: Just when things couldn’t get any worse, you had to stay back during a hectic day at work. Fortunately, you come home to find Minho waiting for you.

This is for @whenyousink-wefloat, as requested. I don’t know why tumblr won’t let me tag you so I hope this gets to you! Here it is, I’m sorry it took a while :)


The time read 9 pm sharp as you entered the hall of your apartment, cursing under your breath because no one should feel this beat. Dropping your things to the floor, you couldn’t care less where they landed as you trail into the kitchen without looking back.

Am I smelling this right?

You rush towards the kitchen stove, your heart thudding hard against your chest because you were sure that you had turned off everything before you left this morning. The burnt smell filled the entire kitchen yet everything seemed fine. So confused, you stood there for a few moments just staring at the counter tops.

“You’re home-”

“Holy- Song Minho!” You gasped, startled to see your boyfriend grinning like a child in the middle of the living room. “You ing scared me!”

“I’m sorry. Did something happen at work? It’s pretty late-” His smile falters, walking over to you as he notices how tense you were.

“Don’t even mention work to me right now- what the hell happened here?” He could tell you were annoyed. You had one hand on your hips, as you rubbed your temples with the other.

“I made dinner, that’s all.” Minho stops a few steps away from you, hesitating to come closer. You blink at him, unsure if you’ve heard him right.

“Since when do you do that, Minho-ah?” You bit back a smile, suddenly finding the whole situation somewhat funny. The only thing he could do when it comes to being in the kitchen is- eating in the kitchen.

“Since I knew you’d be this tired- come here.” He sees how you’ve lightened up, smiling softly as he takes your hand. He takes out a chair, ushering you to sit down in front of a dish you assumed he prepared. It was nothing fancy, a part of you relieved that at least it resembled something close to being edible.

“How does it look?” He asks, still beside you as he rubs circles on your back.

“Well it does look like food.” You say quietly and he could hear how skeptical your tone was. “But hey, never judge a book by its cover right?” You pick up the spoon, and Minho breathes out a laugh because you look as if you were going in for a battle. How can I not love you?

“So?” Minho looks at you, biting his lips as you chewed reluctantly. You avoided his gaze, looking straight down onto the table.

“It tastes like… food?” You mumble with your mouth full and quite frankly you didn’t know if you could swallow the rest. To which you did anyway, because I love you this much, Song Minho. He snorts out a laugh at your honesty, as he puts a glass of water towards your mouth.  

“I’m sorry, I’m not making things any better, am I?”

“No.” But thank you for trying. You pout slightly, and he studies your face, seeing how exhausted you really are. He’s been there to listen to you ranting on and on about a new client at the firm you’re working at. How you never seemed to get it right, how they’re making you stay for overtime, working late nights and it shows through your face. Minho stood up, kneeling down to take you into his embrace. His familiar scent calms you in an instant, and you shifted closer to wrap yourself against his warmth.  

“You know you don’t have to do this.” He murmurs, you feel his thumb idly the back of your neck. “I work hard for the both of us, it’s more than enough for you not to be like this.”

His words hit you and even though you know he didn’t mean it as you take it to be, you wish he never said it. You pull away, eyes locked into his,

“I work hard too. I wish I could say the same when you come home at 4 in the morning, so worn off I have to be the one to change your clothes. I wish I could when I hear you say that you miss home and that you won’t be here for the next couple of weeks. But that would be selfish of me.” He was quiet then, his gaze was apologetic, already regreting what he just said because it was him that was selfish. Minho knew that you work not just for the sake of it. You were just as passionate and driven just as he was, one of the many things he loves about you.

“I wish I could say that I work just enough for the both of us, but we all know that’s just a big fat lie.” You chuckle, considering how much you make to how much he makes.

“All the more reason for you not to be this way.” He grins, flashing his set of perfectly even teeth. What am I going to do with you?

“Did you not hear what I just said?” You gave his shoulder a smack, a frown on your face. He laughs, catching him whisper you’re adorable before giving the back of your palm a kiss. You feel his firm hands, pressing just right along your forearms as he rubs the tension away. He was focused and you couldn’t help but notice other things like how his lips were slightly parted as he concentrates and how the veins in his hands seemed more visible that usual. It was absurd that you had such thoughts, you wonder if you’re even tired at all.

You pull your arm, catching his hands, fingers intertwined. He looks up at you sheepishly,

“Are you hungry? Let’s have take out-”

“No.”

“Sleepy? Get some rest?”

“No.”

“Good god, what do you want woman?”

You.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” He chuckles, pinching your cheeks to which you chortle back with a peeved scowl. You tried to get back at him but to no avail as he took advantage of his strength, grabbing hold of your wrists.

“Ya! Come back here!” You half-shout as he took off, and with you going after him. Laughter filled the apartment as you scamper, arms out like a child as he continues to avoid you. Minho looks so happy, his energy was infectious. Your heart warmed at the thought he must have had a hard day too, but he brushed that aside to take care of you. He could look so intimidating sometimes, but really, he would be the one to squeal and fuss about during a drama broadcast.

“I’m tired, Minho-ah.” You finally say, dropping your arms to your side as you give in. He stops to walk over to you, his expression was soft.

“Then let’s get some rest, hm?”

“I’m running the water for a bath.” You breathe as you brush past him with your hands on the back of your waist to the skirt you had on. You bit back a huge smile seeing him frozen in place, eyes wide as you step out of it. You pull him with you, and all he had in mind was how cheeky you’re being right now, it’s driving him crazy.

“I thought you said you were tired?”