Prompt: Taehyun #2

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Prompt: "We were having a fun games night w our friends but now everyone’s left your flat apart from me bc we’ve played twenty games of connect 4 and still haven’t managed to find a winner and gdi i will beat you."

 


 

“Hold up–” You shoot him a frown and he looks up at you quickly, as if he was caught. Taehyun was terrible at hiding things after all.

You prop yourself onto the floor across him, tipping your head low as you observe the vertical board for the umpteenth time tonight. It’s been the only thing you’ve been staring at, you were starting to see circles even when you’re not looking.

“I don’t remember putting this here.” You mumble as you flick the yellow disc at the top corner of the grid, it wasn’t there before and you were sure of it.

But then again the two of you have been on this for hours, it made sense if you were a little out of it. That, or he could’ve easily slipped it when you were off to the bathroom. At this rate you were convinced that the sly piece of work would do anything to win this.

“It was you, wasn’t it?” Tilting your chin up as you squint at him, “There were only fifteen yellow ones!”

“Are you seriously counting them?!” His eyebrows knots up as he laughs at your absurdity.

“Don’t be so petty, Nam.” You snap back, “Did you or did you not?”

“I did no such thing!” He throws you a rather offended look, crossing his arms across his chest. “You’re taking this a little too seriously, don’t you think?”

“Weren’t you the one that asked where the guests were when they left two hours ago?”

“Hey– it’s not my fault that we both at this.” He retorts, sitting up to stretch his aching back, “Are we going to finish this or not?”

Taehyun gathers the little red coloured discs into his palms, his lip as he braces for another round. To be frank, you were exhausted and it would be a lie to say you didn’t want to crawl up to him, be in his arms and just sleep for god’s sake.

Usually you knew better than to go to his competitive side, knowing that he’ll gladly lose sleep over this until he wins. But so were you.

You and him were two sides of the same coin.

“You really won’t admit it?” You glare at him and you swore you caught his lips twitch to a smile, “Fine, I’ll let you off the hook this time since you’re–”

His gaze fleets to you expectantly as you pause mid sentence.

“Since I’m…?”

“Nevermind.”

“What? You have to tell me now.”

Taehyun sits there as he presses for an answer and you know he won’t let this go until you spill it out. And so you mutter it out–

Since you’re cute.”

“What? I didn’t catch that.”

“You’re cute.” You say flatly.

“What–”

“Godamnit, Tae! I will beat your sorry .” Yellow and red discs floods out as you tip the board upside down, praying silently that this would be the last round. “Loser sleeps on the couch tonight.”

“Come on, we’re both losers here.” He snorts, running a hand through his parted hair looking pleased with himself, “We’re both sleeping on the couch.”

 

~