Honestly (Seungyoon)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: Seungyoon fluff! This was a request based loosely on “we broke up”. I’m sorry anon this took a while, but here you go :)

 


Kang Seungyoon.

For the first time in a long time, his name bought a smile to your face just like it used to. The boy who broke your heart, and it took you a while to realize that you didn’t hate him for it. He could do it a thousand times over for all you care and it wouldn’t matter because it was his and no one elses. Life has its own way of turning things around, and you find it funny how you wasted all your energy on mourning over him like you had lost a country when you could have saved it. Seungyoon is like a chapter of a book you’re reading, it has passed but will always remain, unchanged, no matter how painful it was.

The sun floated across the horizon reflecting its light through the cotton clouds. It was silly, the fact that you avoided this place for too long, you’d forgotten why it was your favourite in the first place. You could stand here all day, convinced that nothing else you’ve come across is as serene as it was. Well, until you met Seungyoon. The day you brought him here, you were convinced that you could die happy, having seen two of your favourite things as one.

Placing the camera over your eyes, you squint as you focus through the viewfinder. Laughing to yourself as you snap away, knowing well that you already have countless of these photos. You walked slowly over the wooden boards, turning around to get every angle possible. That was when you come to a halt, seeing something different through the viewfinder. You blinked a few times, unsure if it was really him, have you totally lost it?

“What’s so funny?” Seungyoon asked, his voice suppressed over the rushing wind. You pulled the camera away and he was further than it seemed a few seconds ago. He was smiling sheepishly, messy hair over his eyes. Seungyoon was still the same, pale and skinny. But at the same time, it felt like seeing someone new. Fazed, you stood there blinking at him, the wind grazing your face. His lean legs took a few strides towards you, boots thudding the floor.

“I thought you stopped coming here.” He walked passed you and stopped at the edge, grabbing hold of the rail with both hands. “I come here once in a while, but you were never here.” He turns around at your silence.

“How are you?” You manage to spurt, ignoring his questions.

“I’ve been better.” He grins at you as he leans against the edge. You smile to yourself at how indiscreet he was being. “You?”

“I’m okay.” I think. He gives you that look, and you know that he’s reading you like a book he memorized. “Why are you here?” You ask, brushing your hair away.

“Because it’s our place.” Seungyoon looks away, smiling. Our. The word echoed through your ears. “I couldn’t get a hold of you, so I thought I might see you here, if I’m lucky.” He bit his full lips as he looks down to his feet.

“I changed my number.” You laughed softly, walking to the edge next to him.

“Why?”

Because it was useless to delete your number that I know by heart, you fool.

“Because you kept calling when I wanted to murder you, Seungyoon-ah.” You say. He stares at you as you laugh, cheeks flushed.

“Go ahead.” He retorts, spreading his arms out, eye closed. You looked at him, wondering how it took so long for the two of you to be on the same page again. It was never the right time with him, with feelings that were never on the same frequency. He opens one eye, taking a glance at you.

“You’re crazy. It’s not that easy.”

“You’ve got that killer smile.”

“You’re the one killing me here.” You snort, feeling your ears heat up.

“Then take me with you.” His expression was serious when you perked up at the sudden change in tone.

“Ya- don’t talk like that.” You turned around, eyes towards the horizon. “No one’s going anywhere.”

“Yeah? It sure felt like you did.” He chuckles, looking down. “I beat myself every day over the fact that it took me that long to finally realize it.” His voice quiet, your eyes fixed forward away from him. “And holy - it hurt.”

“Noona!”

“Taehyun- hey!”

“I amost didn’t recognize you, how are you?”

“I’m okay, I suppose… you?”

“I’m just worried- he’s not taking things too well, don’t you want to see him?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Tae…”

“He locks himself up in the studio most days.”

“Honestly, I was going to leave when I saw you standing here- thinking that you don’t want to see me.” He turns his head to look at you. “But that’s what I always did when I had you, you know- assume things.” His words hit you, the lump in your throat burned. “So I went to see you, at least- I owe that to you.”

“You don’t-”

“-owe me anything, Seungyoon-ah.” He finishes your sentence, he smiles as he looks down. “Still as stubborn as ever.”

“I never came here because I was afraid that I’ll bump into you.” You breathed.

“What are you afraid of?” He stuffed his hands into the pockets of jacket, when all he wanted to do was grab yours.

“The fact that I fall to pieces every time I see you. The fact that I don’t think I can ever fix myself then.”

“Then I will gladly pick you up… but you know what?” He takes a step closer towards you, he sees your pupils dilate. “You were never broken to begin with.”