Anytime (Mino)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: See request here!

I hope this is what you hoped for anon :) Happy reading~


The bruise seemed more prominent after the third fall at today’s practice. You insisted that you were fine and stayed behind as the girls left earlier than usual. They’ve been working hard, too hard, that they might as well pass off as idol zombies. Your ankle throbbed, it stung as you tried to apply pressure, sending you hurtling down towards the floor of the practice room.

Please, not now.

It felt like it was your responsibility, to get the routine right, the steps precise because you were their leader. How can you expect them to excel, to teach them, to lead, when you can’t even nail this one? You looked up to meet your own reflection, alone, feeling so small in such a vast room. It was painful to go any further, so you sat there with your legs sprawled, trying to catch your breath.

“You need to get out, we need the room.”

Song Minho barged into the room, almost barking at you over the blasting sound of music. The didn’t even have the courtesy to look at you as he literally told you to get lost. He’s been giving you the cold shoulder ever since you could remember, ever since your debut to be exact. You couldn’t quite wrap your head around his bizarre logic, because debuts were out of your- or anyone’s, control. You’ve stood by the saying ‘I believe in the magic of kindness’ for a couple of months, hoping that maybe he would change his mind over the whole situation. But he was no where near to be being remotely sorry for how he treats you, even when you were nothing but nice. You stopped enduring his behaviour, and proceeded to just ignore the hard headed jerk because it was clearly pointless.

“Did you not hear what I just said?”

I heard you just fine, you little .

“Hello?” You heard him repeat himself as you continue to ignore him. It’s not like you didn’t want to leave, being in the same room as him felt suffocating and you wanted nothing more than to get out of there. Maybe even smack him on the head on your way out. But you didn’t think it was possible to crawl, let alone walk out considering how your ankle gave up on you.

But you did anyway.

You gathered what was left of your strength and you realize that you stood up too quick as the nausea hits you. That, or you’ve outdone yourself for today, barely having the energy to function properly. You were barely limping a few steps, before your legs refused to go further as you stagger back onto the floor. Cursing under your breath, because you couldn’t find a much better timing.

“-”

He ran over to you, stopping a few steps as he hesitates on what to do next. His eyes widened seeing how swollen and blue one of your ankles were. Minho kneels down, to get a better look. Without saying a word, he grabs your arms, draping it over his shoulders and you feel his hands, firm on the side of your waist. You yank yourself away from him immediately,

“I’m fine. I’m leaving now.” You mutter, trying to steady yourself.

“Fine? You’re ing crazy if you think that’s fine.” He snaps back as he threw his hands to point at your ankles. “You need to get that checked right now.”

“Yeah I got that. Thanks.”

Just as you were about to leave, he grabs you the same way he did a few moments ago, knowing well that you weren’t going to last, not even past the doorway. “Be still, will you?” He warns as you pushed him away, dragging you out into the hallway and into a car just outside the building.

Minho opens the door with one hand, the other still grasping your waist. He heaves you up onto the seat after he sees you struggling to get in, ignoring your continued protests. You jump on your seat, startled as he slams the door shut, good god, no one asked you for help?

He took the passenger seat and you realize that it was their manager who was driving. Wasn’t he just about to use the practice room earlier?

 

~

 

It turns out that you were suffering from a severe ankle sprain which you were oddly thankful for because really, the pain was so intense you’ve mistaken it for a fracture. The brightness of the treatment room blinded you as you sat down with a temporary ankle cast. A soft knock came from the door and you see Minho peeking into the room.

“How is it?” He asks quietly, it was such a contrast to how he was back in the company seeing him this calm.

“It’s just a sprain.” You say, flinching as you try to shift in your seat.

“Stop moving so much.” He sighs, and your eyes were glued to his hands that were placed on your shoulder. He pulls away hastily at your reaction.

“Did you eat something different this morning? Why are you doing this?” You tried not to sound too annoyed, seeing how the grace of god have finally hit him to actually be civilized to you for once.

“You’re welcome.” He replies, choosing to ignore your question because he’d forgotten what he ate and why he did this.

“I asked you why, Song Minho.” You pressed, looking him dead in the eyes. Minho said nothing, glaring back and he goes,

“Does your members know you’re here?”

“No, not-”

“Wow. I assume they didn’t know you had a bad ankle either?”

“It’s no big deal-”

“It actually is. You’re their leader, you can’t hide these things if you want to help them.”

His words hit you like a slap on the face, you hate to admit it but he was right.

“They’ve been working really hard. I didn’t want to put anymore burden-”

“And so have you, how would you feel if one of them was injured and you didn’t know?” He kept cutting you off, which would usually peeve you but this time, it was different. You were at lost for words, partly because he was right, and mostly because this wasn’t the Song Minho you were used to. “It’s late, I need to get back and I’m sure you do too.” He breaks your silence, taking your arms over his shoulders as he guides you out of the room.

Minho matched his pace with yours as you limp through the hospital hallway, he was patient, and for once, his expression was soft. You realize how he didn’t seem so bad, not so intimidating like he would usually be. Never having been this close to him, you finally saw what the fuss was about over this particular rapper. You reminded yourself not to stare for too long.

“You know I’ve seen you stay late nights too many times, don’t push yourself like that.” His voice was low, honest.

“You’re one to talk. You might as well live in the studio.”

“I mean, I know it’s bound to happen with how things are. But stop trying to prove yourself.”

You stop in your tracks, fazed at what he just said. “What do you mean prove my self?” 

“You- your group, you’re all very talented. What I meant was, I know you’ve been carrying that burden since your debut, I know you work as hard as you do partly because of how much of an I was to you.” He was struggling to find the right words, and it was obvious.

“Is this an apology?” You ask him as you fight back a smile.

“I’m just saying, you deserve that debut.” Clearing his throat as he nudges you to keep moving.

“I’ll take it as an apology.”

“Don’t push it.”

 

~

 

You were back in the practice room in no time, only this time you were just there to watch over your girls who had insisted that you take your rest and your time to heal properly. The tables have pretty much turned the second you got back last night, limping for dear life complete with a cast around your ankle, they scolded you for not saying a word.

It was probably an hour into practice when you saw Minho, bobbing just outside the door. His eyes wide as he sees you, mouthing, what the hell are you doing here?

You shrugged, as if you didn’t catch what he was saying.

“Unnie, who are you talking to?”

“Huh?”

“Is that Minho?” One of your members took notice at the idiot outside the room.

“Hold on.” You ushered them to continue with practice as you stood up awkwardly, waddling towards the door.

“What?” You shoot at him, closing the door shut.

“Did your foot magically heal last night or what?” He fusses, still staring down at your cast.

“I wish that was the case but no- you fret too much, you know that?”

“Are you sure it’s okay?”

Minho seemed genuinely worried and this was new to you, you couldn’t help but feel so confused.

“Yeah, it is.”

He lets out a sigh, knowing that arguing with you wouldn’t be any of use.

“Minho-ah?”

“Hm?”

“Thank you- for taking me last night.” You thanked him, realizing that you were too caught up by his sudden change of behaviour to say it.

“Technically, manager hyung took you so-”

“Ya.”

“I know, anytime. Don’t hurt yourself, yeah?”

“I’ll see you later?”

“Mhm. I’ll look forward to it.” His cheeks flushed as he lets out a smile. You hurried inside, dismissing the fuzzy feeling at the pit of your stomach.