Everything in Between (Part 1)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Series: Just a bunch of scenarios surrounding your relationship with WINNER’s Song Minho. I really don’t know how short or long this will be. I hope you enjoy this!

 


Your fingers slipped the third time as you tried to tap in the security code into your apartment. You curse under your breath, out of all days why did it have to rain today? Your drenched clothes made no effort to dry your hands, you sigh resting your palm against the door. You close your eyes in frustration when you see your heels stained with rain. You mentally agreed with your self that you should have never worn them this morning. You snap out of it thinking some people in this world hold mass prayers just so it would rain, you ungrateful brat. The door gave that usual click and you stumble into the doorway thanking the lord that your things did not fall over the kitchen island when you threw them in. You sat down, your elbows resting on the dining table, one hand digging into your coat pulling out your phone. You saw three new messages.

Are you home yet? (45 minutes ago)

Hurry home please… (30 minutes ago)

Ya! Why aren’t you replying? You’re in a bus aren’t you, I told you to take cabs from now on!! (20 minutes ago)

Received 45 minutes ago you breathed. That long ago you were contemplating on whether you should brave the rain without an umbrella so you could get home before it gets any later. You know how much he hates it when you’re out late at night, alone. You chuckled quietly, to think that he’s currently in a different country he still begs you to come home as if he’ll be there to greet you with that smile of his mumbling,

What took you so long?

Breathing into his familiar embrace you let out a smile,

Fifteen minutes aren’t that long you pabo…

There will never be enough time to spend when it comes to you.

Cold from the residue the weather had left you with, your hands struggle to keep hold onto your phone, typing

I just got back, Minho-ya.. Mianhe

You apologized knowing perfectly well that he was worried. Hell, he might be even on the verge of calling missing persons for all you know.

Almost immediately you see a reply,

Apology not accepted. Change into something warm, you’re going to get a cold sitting in wet clothes. Please.

You grinned like a child thinking did you check on the weather forecast here as well? This creep needs to tone it down a bit. You write back,

What are you on about? It was as sunny as the ray of light that shines out of my boss’s arse.

You hit send before the guilt washes over you, believing well that karma does exist. Today was just one of those days that you tried to be patient with your boss but you just… couldn’t.

I know it was a tough day at work, how about we’ll get desert? But you know what’s better? Changing out of your wet clothes.

You let out a small smile at his persistence, he always knows how you really feel even if you try to hide it from him. And desert was just something that you both were thrilled about after well… each other. You couldn’t help but wonder how he knew you were trapped in the rain, Minho knew some things that surprised you sometimes but this was different. After a while your phone beeps,

Well, go on. Or do you need me to change your clothes?

You feel your ears heat up, something that happens when you get embarrased. You dismissed the thought and quickly type,

I wasn’t kidding when I said I’ll wash your head with holy water when you have such thoughts.

You can almost hear him laugh… And smell his cologne? Your heart must have jumped up to your throat when you decide to spin around and see a figure that was too familiar.

He did not bother with the typical “Surprise!” and took a few strides towards you from where he was sitting. How could you not have noticed that someone was in the apartment all this time? This was what Minho meant that you get too lost sometimes, too absorbed in your own cloud of thoughts something that he admired and hated at the same time.

His hair grew you took note, the last time you saw him he was almost bald and blonde… bleached blonde. You had no complaints considering his job and how much that all meant to him. You like to for his confidence always saying that he isn’t as handsome as they say he is. You knew that you were kidding with yourself and to be completely honest you had no idea how this man infront of you declares himself yours. His broad shoulders and height overpowered yours, even on tiptoes your neck craned to meet his eyes let alone when you’re sitting down.

He looked irritated seeing how all this time you refused to change into something dry and brushed him off for it. You gave him a soft smile, happy to see him after 2 months. The look on his face softened and he grinned that toothy smile at you, just as ecstatic as you are. Before you could say anything he kneeled down and gently grabbed your ankles unbuckling the strap of your heels.

“I’m sorry…” You barely whispered

“For?”

“The shoes, I almost ruined them.”

“I thought you were going to apologize for not changing after all this time… They’re just shoes.” He looked up at you disapprovingly.

“Shoes you got me as a gift you idiot…” You say to him, longing to go in for a hug.

“I’ve been gone for two months and all you have to say is that?” He didn’t look up this time, tucking in your shoes away by the corner of the table.

I’ve been gone, the words still hit you for the fact that it will always be him that goes away. You’ve come to accept and grown accustomed to it, it was just something that needed no questioning.

“When did you get back?” You rested your cheeks on his palm just as he tries to tuck in your damp hair away.

“Last night. I wanted to come as soon as I stepped on South Korean soil but it was already 3 am in the morning.” He said, pulling in a chair to face you.

“You really are too much. When does what time of the day mattered to you anyway.” You scoffed poking his cheeks.

He nudged away and gave you a cheeky smile, pulling your legs, resting your feet on his lap.

“Minho-ya… I haven’t washed them.” You refused when he started massaging the sole of your foot.

“It’s okay.” He’s grown quiet as he scanned your tired eyes.

“Your clothes have gone dry.” He continues softly pinching your toes this time.

“Were you a masseuse in another life?” Ignoring his comment.

He keeps silent, bothered with a thought. Although you both had only started making things official for less than a year, your friendship had sparked just a little over a year ago. He knew you well enough that you weren’t as peachy as you appear to be. Confirming this you shifted, hooked your heels onto his thick thighs and pulled the chair closer to him, sliding your arms around his waist.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, breathing in your scent. The dampness of your cheeks against his neck stung him, knowing you were upset.

“I just missed you that’s all.” You rasped after a while tightening your hold of him not wanting to show him the mess you already were.

“I’ve missed you more. What’s bothering you, beautiful?” He hummed placing his palm on the back of your head, insisting for what is really going through your mind. It frustrates him how hard it is to figure you out, which was one of the many reasons he fell for you in the first place.

“It was five years ago yesterday, Omma… Appa…” You barely answered him. You sniffed worried that you might stain another piece of clothing, not his this time.

Your reply skipped his heart one beat, and he remembers that significant date. Overwhelmed with guilt for forgetting, he wrapped his arms around you, tighter.

“I-I’m so sorry, I honestly forgot-”

“It’s nothing to be sorry about.” You pressed, pulling back putting your hands on his shoulders to face him.

“It still hurts me Minho, you know how they say time heals everything? What a bunch of crap.” 

You blink your stinging eyes, tears felt warm against your skin. It pains him to see you like this, it hurts to see you like this when on usual days you are the complete opposite. Always so cheerful, that it felt impossible to keep up with your energy.

“I know baby…” He brushed your tears away with the pad of his thumb. Minho knew he couldn’t say anything regarding to this matter, all he could do was listen to you and it didn’t matter if it took the whole night.

“I wanted to visit them yesterday, but I couldn’t. It’s been hard since I moved to Seoul. The least I could do is to visit them on their death anniversary.” You diverted your eyes away from his gaze, embarrassed at how whiny you sound.

“We’ll go this weekend, when you’re off work? Okay?” He cups your chin, making you face him. You hated that hint of pity in people’s eyes when they know your story. That’s why they tend to say you’re a tough egg to crack.

You nod in response, overwhelmed with that lump in your throat. You wanted to refuse him and say that he didn’t need to go to such lengths, knowing how hard it is for him to spare time, especially if it involves going out of town.

“I have two weeks off, don’t worry too much.” He reassures you, almost reading your mind.