This Time Round (Mino)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: See request here!

Warnings: Language x Violence

(Angst,Fluff)

*I was seriously too absorbed while writing this out, I actually cried wut da omgh forgive me! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :””””””””””””””””””)


The sound of tableware clinked through the empty apartment as you packed away dinner that should have been gone since hours ago. The only thing that your eyes were occupied with was the clock that hung across the room. It’s been five hours, Minho should be here by now. Thunder rumbled in the distance and you see rain spattering the windows outside.

You’ve gone past being angry at this point, but worried sick because it’s way past midnight and there’s no sign of him still. Countless places that he knew of crossed your mind, mentally ticking them off as you find a reasonable excuse to why he wouldn’t be there at this time of night. One place in particular stuck to you and you couldn’t quite dismiss the thought.

You wouldn’t dare, Song Minho. It’s raining for god’s sake.

Yet, it was a possibility that he’d broken his promise to you. His promise to not scare the living hell out you, the way he would when he’s out racing the ing streets. Your heart sank because he could be out there right now, god knows in what condition. The last time it happened, a huge fight went off between the two of you, when he got back home and you had to do a double take because you couldn’t recognize him. If it weren’t how badly he’d been hurt, you would have slapped the smug smile off his face when he rasped out- “But I won, babe. I won.”

Pacing the apartment, you wanted to just sit there and believe that you’ll see him walk through that door, all in one piece. But that would be a miracle, almost laughing at yourself for having your hopes up too high. You’ve been with Minho long enough to know that the would be out there right now. He was headstrong and determined, but sometimes you wish it was for the right reasons.

Your breath quickened as you ran down the stairs, the sound of your footsteps dashing through the rain echoed across the parking lot. The cold air burned you eyes, watering as you blinked while slamming the door of your car shut. Clutching the steering wheel, you had to catch your breath, trying to steady your cluttered thoughts. Your chest felt heavy, purely because you weren’t sure if you had the strength to see him. Helpless, tears rolled down your cheeks and you were furious how frightened you were for him as your mind played out the worst scenarios that could possibly happen. None of which, as much as you’d hoped for, doesn’t involve him getting into a fight.

 

~

 

Your assumptions proved to be right, you weren’t even surprised when you saw it with your own eyes. As you take the turn down that deserted street, you squint through the movements of the windscreen wiper. The mass of people cheering on to something, came into view. It was unbearably loud as you got out of the car, your eyes adjusting to the dim lights. The place was packed and you couldn’t comprehend how people could actually stand to be here in the rain, this late, this chaotic. You pushed through the crowd, frustrated because you didn’t even know how you could find him this way.

It turns out to be easier than you expected, seeing how what the crowd was cheering for was Song Minho in a violent fist fight with some guy you’ve never seen before. You watched in horror as he lunges himself towards Minho, slamming him to the ground, leaving your boyfriend to scramble to his feet, refusing to give up his fight. Minho grabs him sharply by the collar, taking a full swing, hitting him right on the face. Hard.

You’ve never handled physical fights well, feeling the cold sweat as you tremble out of shock. You knew that this was never going to stop until one of them stops breathing. And the fact that it wasn’t going to be Minho by the looks of things, made your mind scream at you in hysterics.

You ungrateful .

He’s got his life ahead of him, so many things he’s got waiting for him and yet he’s here risking all of that. You were convinced that you’ve gone crazy yourself as you burst into that imaginary ring. Making a head start as you lurched towards Minho, mustering all your strength to separate the two. He was caught off guard to see you out of anyone else, and in that moment of vulnerability you see Minho take a sharp blow to the side of his face. Something warm splattered your cheeks, praying silently that it was just your very own sweat and tears.

 

~

 

It was starting to rain heavily, and you could tell that he was also soaked with his own sweat and blood. He looks like a different person to how he had left this morning, almost unrecognizable. His lips have split opened and you didn’t think he could whisper a word but,

“What the do you think you’re doing?” He spits out, teeth stained red. You could barely look at him without wanting to cry.

“Saving your sorry that’s what!” You sounded ridiculous, and you catch him almost laughing at what he’d just heard.

“Do you have a ing death wish?” He was seething as he grabs your arms, finding how rash your actions were when you stepped into that brawl. All he could think of was how you could’ve been the one to get hit.

“I don’t need one, you’re the one killing me here.” You could hear your voice crack, trying hard keep yourself together. “You’re ing crazy, Minho.”

“I told you before, don’t get involve in these things!” He was shouting and you wonder how he was barely flinching, your chest tightens seeing how badly beaten up he was.

“I thought I wouldn’t need to since you promised me you’d stop with all this .” You snap back, it was exhausting to argue about the same thing many times before.

“- you could’ve been hurt. Don’t you see that?”

“Oh no .” You scoffed bitterly, “You should take a look at yourself right now.”

“Who the hell cares about that right now?”

“As much as I wish I don’t, but I do.” You walked up to him, and you grabbed his arm because honestly you were scared to hurt him if you’ve touched anywhere else.

“Don’t.” He mutters, yanking his arm away from you as he limps off towards the car.

“You’re not driving in that state, get out now.” Your voice was stern as you stood behind him, he could barely walk, let alone drive. “You’ve lost your ing mind.”

“I never asked you to come here.”

“And what? Get a call from someone telling me-” The words were stuck at the back of your throat, unable to finish your sentence because you couldn’t imagine what could have happened. He struggles to look you in the eye, you see a trail of blood down his neck, washed down by the rain and you sigh, bracing yourself for what he’s hiding under his clothes.

 

~

 

You’ve put up a fair fight with him, stuffing your feelings away as he continues to spit out harsh words whenever you try to tend to his wounds.

“ing hell. I said don’t bother!” He brushes past you as you walk up to him with a warm towel.

“Minho will you please.”

“Just go.” His voice deep, it rasped as he spoke.

“Please, please let me.” He sees how glassy your eyes were, and the only reason he’s resisting is because it’s only going to hurt you further. His skin stung from the pain and even himself had a hard time imagining how it was.

“Go.”

“Why are you so ing difficult?” You’ve had enough of his childish protests as you paced towards him, lifting his stained shirt, peeling it off him.

Minho had his back, taut, towards you and the sight of it took you back, the only thing you could do was stare. His skin was marked with fresh bruises all over, you weren’t sure where to begin. He was silent then, his head down and eyes shut as you turn around to face him.

“Come here.” You take his hands, and you feel his fingers curl into yours. Your chest hurt because you know he was in a great deal of pain, but too ashamed to say that he needed you.

Minho was shivering as he sat down, and you place the heated towel over him. You sigh quietly as you study his face, there were cuts all over and he winces as you dab his skin with clean water. Dried blood tinted his sore skin, and you bit back your tongue, telling yourself not to cry. Not now. 

You move forward to kiss him just under the curve of his collar bone, right above where his tattoo was. If you could, you would have kissed his scars away and it felt absurd, because you were sure that you wanted to kill him yourself just a few hours ago.

“You idiot.” You manage to whisper into his chest, tears pricking your eyes as you look down to the red stained towel.

“I’m sorry.” He croaks, knowing well that his words were empty, because you’ve heard it so many times before. “Baby, don’t.”

You sobbed silently into his lap, not able to contain your feelings any longer. You feel his hands on the back of you neck, your hair. He cups your face, pulling you gently to face him. His left eye was swollen, and even with a split lip he tried to smile at you.

“God look at you.” You stammer, frowning at him.  He brushes his thumb across your cheeks catching him breathe out a strained I know, don’t cry.

“How can I not when you do this to me? I could’ve lost you.”

“Don’t be so dramatic-”

“How much more do I need to be? You won’t listen to me.” You chocked out, the pads of his fingers still wiping your tears away. You knew he had nothing to say, nothing to justify his actions as he leans in to kiss your aching lids.

“I’m sorry.” His breath was warm, simmering against your skin as he places his forehead to yours. He had his eyes closed, and you see the tiny veins that framed the skin of his bruised lids. Minho was soft for once tonight, a contrast to how aggressive he was being since you saw him out there. Warmth floods through you as you recall the time he’d confess that you were the only one that made him realize he had this side of him.

“How do I know that you won’t pull this on me again?”

Minho flinches as he realize that he’d smile a bit too wide, he couldn’t quite put it in words. He was sure, because the reason that he’s keeping his word this time round was-

“You.”