Out of anything else... (Seunghoon)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

"Thank you! Come again soon!” You chirp at the young couple, forcing a smile as you pray silently that they would be your last customer for the night.

As soon as the bell rings at the closing of the door, you dash towards the entrance of the small cafe, turning the open sign to close, pulling down the blinds as low as you could.

A long, heavy sigh escaped your lips as you trail back towards the counter. It’s been a busy shift, which you’d expected since it is the weekend after all. You couldn’t help but feel that prick of envy seeing people come in, actually spending time with friends and family, boyfriends and girlfriends, as anyone should during their weekends.

But even if your manager hadn’t called you in for today, would you have spent it with Seunghoon instead?

Nope, not a chance.

You’d been caught up with meeting deadlines, and work, and so was he.

It hasn’t even been a few minutes since you’d closed everything down, the shrill chime of the cafe’s bell disrupted you from your thoughts. Mildly irritated, you wipe your hands on the sides of your apron, turning around to face the door.

“I’m sorry but we’re closed-”

The sight of Seunghoon entering the place cuts you halfway, not like that goofy grin on his face was helping either. He cups his hands together over his mouth as he shakes off the cold air from outside.

“I wouldn’t say no to this face either.” He whispers, eyes disappearing into a smile.

“Who said yes?” You scoff in a jest, “I’m sorry, we’re closed for today, Sir.”

“That smile on your face says it all, Miss.” He pulls out a chair, making himself comfortable on a table nearby. “I’m starved, what’s your special today?”

You little brat. 

“Closed.” You persist, saying the word loud and clear. He wrinkles his nose as he breathes out a small, and quite frankly, adorable -please?

He was right, you couldn’t say no. Seunghoon always had his ways with you, being in his upbeat presence right now, washed your exhaustion away.

There wasn’t much left seeing how packed the cafe was earlier, so you decided to whip up some soup and warm bread.

Seunghoon had one hand through his ruffled hair, perking up as you come over with the steaming food. He beams at you as you settle the bowl down, and if only your hands weren’t so occupied you would have taken his face into your hands and pinned him with kisses.

“Sit and eat with me.” He takes your wrist, nudging you down onto the seat next to him.

“You’re a pretty demanding customer, you know that?” You bit back a smile.

“And you’re a pretty waitress.”

Smooth, Lee Seunghoon.

“I have a boyfriend, and I don’t think he’d like this.” Chewing your lower lip as you shook your head.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” He drops your hand in pretense, “He’s one lucky guy, what’s he like?”

You snort out a laugh, of course he’d like you to gush about him. It was late, and he probably had a schedule that ended earlier than usual. Seunghoon could have went back to rest and yet here he was. The corner of your lips crawled into a smile, If I I had to talk about you, we’d be here ‘till sunrise, Hoon. If not more.

“He’s annoying, gets on my nerves a little too much. Needs to tone it down a notch.” You confide. The conversation could go both ways, so opted for this one instead. It was hard to keep a straight face seeing him gape at you in disbelief.

“Well that annoying boyfriend waited for you to come out from your ridiculously late shift, which by the way, he doesn’t approve of, but you won’t listen to him, and he had to come in because it was too cold his toes were about to fall off.” Seunghoon inhales a much needed breath after his short rant, and before he could continue you shove a piece of bread into his mouth.

Which didn’t stop him, “Do you want a toeless boyfriend?” He mumbles with his mouth full.

“Stop it!” Laughing at his absurdity as you take a seat to steady yourself. “You’ll choke, Seunghoon-ah.”

“I’m sorry you had to wait that long.” You say and you feel his fingers slide in between yours.

“I wouldn’t need to if you weren’t working so late.”

He was fighting a losing battle, knowing well that nothing could keep you from doing part time because you needed it. You shift, leaning in to hook your chin on the curve of his neck, wrapping your arm around his waist. You missed him, and it somehow feels like you’re at home as you breathe in his familiar scent.

“My girlfriend would definitely not like this.” You could hear the smile in his voice, feeling his hand firm on the small of your back.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” You pull back from the embrace, as you proceed to mimic him. “She’s so lucky, what’s she like?”

Seunghoon held his gaze at you, his expression unreadable.

If anything, I’m the lucky one.

“Eat up, I know you haven’t had dinner yet.” He slides the bowl towards you, leaving your question unanswered.

“I’m not hung-”

He shoves a piece of bread into your mouth before you could protest further. You chew as you narrow your eyes at him, and his shoulders shaking as he laughs silently.

The two of you sat there for quite some time, immersed in a conversation over a single bowl of warm soup. Seunghoon listens intently as you yap on about your day and he didn’t mind. Out of anything else, this was what he looked forward to in the end.