Everything in Between (Part 4)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Sunlight had started to creep in, glossing over the darkness of your living room. You could make out dust floating lazily, confined within the streams of light. Minho stirred in his slumber as his senses detected the sudden warmth. Despite being together Minho had only stayed the night a few times and it was enough to grow acustomed to his sleeping habits. Unlike you, your boyfriend sleeps like a tree log or so you were told.

s had warned you how impossible it is to wake him up, You name it, pots, pans, tap dancing, Seunghoon, megaphones please please pleaaasee tell us when you find something that works! Seungyoon cried, unsure whether he was about to cry or just plain angry.

But… this was never the case whenever he stayed with you. Once he had missed a few incoming calls, assuming how important it must be you squeezed his earlobes gently and murmured his name. He sat up as if he was programmed to and blurted you’re okay? Okay? What’s wrong? Eyes still heavy with sleep. Some other times all you had to do was leave your spot and sooner or later he’d call out for you, typically muttering how it should be illegal to be awake this early. Deeply immersed, you took your time studying him, holy cow, what a view. His profile almost illuminating as the morning light slid along the high bridge of his nose, cheekbones more prominent than usual. You chuckled almost too loudly at how peaceful and quiet he is. It’s true when they say that the only time he’ll shut up is when he’s asleep.

“What’s so funny…” He mumbled as he squints at you. You peered at him, closing in the blanket over your nose.

“Did I wake you?” You whispered. He propped himself up, resting his head on one palm, the other reaching out to tug the blanket revealing your face.

“Ya, morning breath.” You retaliate, pulling the material over your face.

“Angels have those?” He smiles groggily, inching closer to you.

“I’m allergic to cheese, especially when it’s this early.”

“You love it…” He chuckles, brushing your hair away to the side. That was partly true, unlike you Minho has his ways of expressing himself and sometimes it catches you off guard.

Like the day you both first met, it was at a wedding of a mutual friend’s and the bride who just happened to be your bestfriend had requested you to play a violin piece during the reception. Towards the end of the evening, you were by yourself outside the hall, receiving a call from work, facing the wall in efforts to mute your surroundings. You catch a glimpse of yourself on the reflective wall, the dress the bride had picked out for you was something you never thought of wearing. “Nonono, nope. Not in a million years!” “Please do this for me, it’s part of the dress code, it’s my day and you’ll look gorgeous.” Your bestfriend had begged you without mercy until you agreed. It was long, pale pink, beautifully laced throughout. It hugged your waist just right and exposed your shoulders, backless until the small of your back. Ending the call, you sighed closing your eyes already dreading the fact that it’s monday tomorrow. You walked off, focused on not tripping over the dress until you hear someone call out,

“Excuse me…” His voice deep. You turn around abruptly, your eyes resting on a man, tall in a navy tux and his hair over his spectacled eyes. He walked over suppressing a smile.

“Me?” You asked, looking around to find that it was just you and him.

“Yeah. I apologize for startling you.” He chuckles.

“No worries.” You let out a small smile. “Is something wrong?” Signaling him that you were in a hurry.

“Nothing’s wrong, I just wanted to say you played brilliantly earlier.” He grinned.

“It wasn’t that much, but thank you.” You laughed feeling the heat crawling to your ears. At the same time, you hear your bestfriend call out,

“Out of all the people here I wanted to introduce you too, you just had to meet this guy. Ya, Song Minho! Stop messing around!” She yelled.

“You’re going to get old real quick you know that.” He laughs, it sounded contagious. “Besides, she’s very beautiful, I wanted to say hi all evening but she seemed preoccupied.” He continued, not looking at you. You were surprised at how bold he was, the fact that you both had only exchanged phrases that were merely sentences.